Page 505 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 540545549550150250350450550650750850951555560510051505 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 77781
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    So much complaint for a story that isn't even 3/4ths over yet. I seem to recall the same level of complaints at the start of Liss' run.

Naming and then killing wakandan teens is better writing than not naming and killing random foot soldier. It makes it actually connect more with the reader and gives the reader something to root about. Unless you guys can count off the top of your head how many foot soldiers Proxty and crew ran through I'd say Black Swans killing of the three wakandan talents held more weight and got a large number of readers on T'challa's side.

Panther built the ark that will save some part of humanity. Who cares if it wasn't his idea to "find a way not to lose". That is something substantial I'd say. Hickman must be doing something right based on the number of readers cheering for Panther over Namor and the interest that conflict has in comparison to the overal epic storyline. As well as the number of books Panther is about to appear in during secret war, because I remember a time when Panther wasn't involved, Wakanda didn't get involved, and Nobody was using him.

Also, all these wakandan deaths, Shuri and the teens specfically, are capable of being "reversed" a the end of this entire story arch when the universe inevitably corrects itself for marvel's new world. So who do we care to see more revived? Wakandan foot soldier number 22 or the teen geniuses N'kono, T'Dori, and Kimo?
    Not really the same sitatuation. Besides We all Know Liss was saddled with Editorial Mandates for Daredevil Panther.

Reason #999 why Black Panther should be devoid of ensemble casting!

Until someone grabs him and pulls him off to the side and forces him to sell toys and merchandise on his own he will always suffer from the piggy backing syndrome!

Always surrounding T'challa with everything but his very own rogues gallery pulls the attention from him and neglects his own development!

When you think Black Panther and it's always him standing beside Reed, Cap or even his sister for that matter instead of just him or one of his villains the true focus will always get lost!

You either isolate and develop him or get what you have been getting over and over again where others can steal his shine just by being there!

At what point do you just say can we get T'challa and only T'challa and start from there and work him until you get it right!

The fact that they still have not announced a solo comic for him means that they still don't trust him to sell a solo comic on his own so they burden him with other characters to help boost the sales!

It shows an overall lack of confidence not to go all in especially after casting Chadwick Boseman who seems to be as invisible as the character is after that big movie announcement!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    So much complaint for a story that isn't even 3/4ths over yet. I seem to recall the same level of complaints at the start of Liss' run
    that's just how it goes. Rinse and repeat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Reason #999 why Black Panther should be devoid of ensemble casting!

Until someone grabs him and pulls him off to the side and forces him to sell toys and merchandise on his own he will always suffer from the piggy backing syndrome!

Always surrounding T'challa with everything but his very own rogues gallery pulls the attention from him and neglects his own development!

Every solo hero has these elements:

The Hero-Superman/Batman/Spider Man

The Love Interest-Lois Lane/Vicki Vale/M.J.

The Buddy-Jimmy Olsen/Robin/Alfred the Butler/Harry Osborne

SOME comics also have:

The Foil-the dude/chick who is no a villian but is somehow in a position to bust the hero's chops-like a mean boss
    or something. Ex: Morgan Edge/J.Jonah Jameson/Maria Hill.

AND

The Co-Workers: Ex: Robbie Robertson/Cat Grant/Steve Lombard

This is also ignoring the fact that Reg sold more issues of Black Panther than anybody doing the OPPOSITE of what you suggest.

Dude needs to be around the Avengers MORE not less.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If you had faith in Hickman to have Namor killed, then yeah... you're likely going to have a long long wait. Obviously he's not going to just Namor killed just because T'Challa said so, and to be blunt he shouldn't. And I'd say the same thing if the roles were reversed and Namor vowed to kill T'Challa.

But as far as T'Challa and the rest of the heroes having some good showings, I think we're still at the "wait and see" point. Right now they're in a situation where they're essentially designed to fail. But it's pretty much a given that the heroes will win in the end (as in the end of Secret Wars). That's where we can really judge who did what.

Ok so everyone else has done so big showing.... and there's anticlimactic moves for Tchalla...? The wait continues, the credits roll... maybe they will do it movieverse style and after the final credit Tchalla becomes*the new Living Tribunal!

If you had faith in Hickman to have Namor killed, then yeah... you're likely going to have a long long wait. Obviously he's not going to just Namor killed just because T'Challa said so, and to be blunt he shouldn't. And I'd say the same thing if the roles were reversed and Namor vowed to kill T'Challa.
    You can't force it down our throats though and then not deliver. There could have been better ways to do that relationship to show the animosity between the two without outright threatening to kill Namor on multiple occasions. It is bad story telling.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You can't force it down our throats though and then not deliver. There could have been better ways to do that relationship to show the animosity between the two without outright threatening to kill Namor on multiple occasions. It is bad story telling.
    Let's be honest though... if the roles were reversed and it was Namor threatening to kill T'Challa, how many people on THIS thread at least would be criticial of the story not delivering regardless of how many times Namor said it? For what it's worth, regardess of how many times Steve is saying T'Challa and the rest of the Illuminati will be locked up for their actions, I don't think they'll deliver there either. And realistically they shouldn't (or if they do it'll be super short).

You can argue they shouldn't have T'Challa threaten to kill Namor in the first place. But it's not entirely out of character for T'Challa to do that after what happened in AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Ok so everyone else has done so big showing.... and there's anticlimactic moves for Tchalla...? The wait continues, the credits roll... maybe they will do it movieverse style and after the final credit Tchalla becomes*the new Living Tribunal!
    I DON'T think everyone else has had big showings. What the hell has Beast, Iron Man, Captain Britian and Hulk done in the Illuminati?

Let's say T'Challa switched places with Cho, and it was T'Challa who managed to break into Avengers Tower but ended up being the ONLY member of the Illuminati captured by Steves Avengers. Would people be happy about that?

Let's say he switched places with Strange. Lets say instead of the Black Priests, it was Black Panther and his remaining Wakandan army who tracked down the Black Swans, but ended up falling into Dooms trap and having his forces ENTIRELY wiped out before being defeated, captured, and brought to Doom. Does that sound preferable?

Really the only "big" moment the Illuminati had was beating Steve, we don't know for sure that was even entirely Reed. The Illuminati easily could have came up with the battle strategy together. Reed could have just been the person narrating the whole thing, as Hickman was telling the story through a letter to Valerie. Even if it was all Reed, it's really the only thing he's done in the story so far.

The point being so far they've all done pretty badly. And that's by design. They've essentially been put in his impossible situation and set up to fail.

Let's say he switched places with Strange. Lets say instead of the Black Priests, it was Black Panther and his remaining Wakandan army who tracked down the Black Swans, but ended up falling into Dooms trap and having his forces ENTIRELY wiped out before being defeated, captured, and brought to Doom. Does that sound preferable?

Well this isn't a fair comparison at all. The priests were essentially nameless characters created just for thsi event. T'challa had all of wakanda (established for decades) and his own sister MDK'd.

I understand your point but this isn't a fair comparison.

Basically, this event basically blows if you like heroes. And you can't even rage at a villain because I can't even tell who the villain is yet (or if there even is one).

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/03/...,manual,manual

Excellent article on movie expectations.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/03/...,manual,manual

Excellent article on movie expectations.
    the movie getting pushed back kind of killed my excitement for a bit. I am very, very scared BP is going to be almost written out of Civil War for Spider-Man.

Hopefully AoU brings back that excitement a bit due to Klaw being in it.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    the movie getting pushed back kind of killed my excitement for a bit. I am very, very scared BP is going to be almost written out of Civil War for Spider-Man.

Hopefully AoU brings back that excitement a bit due to Klaw being in it.
    I don't think that'll happen. Not after all the (deserved) hype Boseman and BP got during the Marvel Phase 3 announcement a few months back.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I don't think that'll happen. Not after all the (deserved) hype Boseman and BP got during the Marvel Phase 3 announcement a few months back.
    spider-man hype >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any hype Boseman could have caused

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Every solo hero has these elements:

The Hero-Superman/Batman/Spider Man

The Love Interest-Lois Lane/Vicki Vale/M.J.

The Buddy-Jimmy Olsen/Robin/Alfred the Butler/Harry Osborne

SOME comics also have:

The Foil-the dude/chick who is no a villian but is somehow in a position to bust the hero's chops-like a mean boss
    or something. Ex: Morgan Edge/J.Jonah Jameson/Maria Hill.

AND

The Co-Workers: Ex: Robbie Robertson/Cat Grant/Steve Lombard

This is also ignoring the fact that Reg sold more issues of Black Panther than anybody doing the OPPOSITE of what you suggest.

Dude needs to be around the Avengers MORE not less.
    I was just about to say that.

And even in Priest's run, arguably the best take on the character there's ever been, the book frequently had a myriad of guest stars and large parts of the story often focused on people like Ross or Queen Divine Justice.

It shows an overall lack of confidence not to go all in especially after casting Chadwick Boseman who seems to be as invisible as the character is after that big movie announcement!
    The movie is over a year away, hasn't started shooting, and hasn't released any real plot details. Short of Boseman standing in front of an interview camera and then doing the Dougie for two minutes there's not a whole lot for him to talk about.

take this with a grain of salt but I heard on 4chan that T'challa will play a political role in civil war. Sort of like the wise guy amongst all the heroes and then at the least act of the film, he wears the suit and gets in to action. Seems like he might not have been written off after all