Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    This will fly over the heads of some.
    Not stunned... I'm sure there are people who think "I've been reading T'Challa since the beginning! All the way back to SECRET WARS!".

Meanwhile, those of us who've been supporting the character almost 20 years are merely haters....

Ultimate Member

Who here is shocked that the cliffhanger depended on an X-Men Macguffin?

Anyone? Anyone?

...yeah, didn't think so.

(and for the record, I like X-Men. Just not in my Panther)

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Not stunned... I'm sure there are people who think "I've been reading T'Challa since the beginning! All the way back to SECRET WARS!".

Meanwhile, those of us who've been supporting the character almost 20 years are merely haters....
    I'm sure there are many long time readers who both like, dislike, and are indifferent to Coates. Just as there are many who may like or dislike Hudlin or McGregor any other writer for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So, T'challa... powers wise...

spoilers:
    it looks like he was using the Soul Stalking thing to be able to all that **** he was doing right?

soul stalking + just being enhanced in general + being "three steps ahead"?

Or did he get his Kirby powers back? lolol

end of spoilers
    So, basically, spoilers:
    he used The Force?
    end of spoilers

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You mean the ones who were here DAY ONE?

Who struggled with Priest to keep this book afloat?
    Who supported this book when Hudlin did stuff like a certain marriage and other stuff?
    Who supported Shuri while BOssman was asleep?
    Who endured the nonstop trolling from Namor, X-Men and unfans after the marriage got Diary of a Mad Black Woman by Jason Aaron-that got this thread shutdown MANY times.
    Who supported Black Panther acting like Daredevil in a silly storyline?
    Who went through the period of no Black Panther solo and instead of attacking/lying about folks like Moon Girl, Draken, Carol Danvers, Inhumans, Red Wolf, Starbrand & so on as the reasons why he could't have one-with MORE respect than a LOT of so-called fans.
    Who did not set fire to books
    Who did not chase fans out stores
    Who did not call Disney to get Axel, Joe and other fired because we weren't being pandered to
    Who did not chase creators off of Twitter
    Who did not create HATE to go after Kyle.. I mean Storm or Midnight Angels.
    Who did not troll threads of we want Ted or Rich.
    Who ALL have Coates a chance. And like a REAL comic book fan SHOULD act-if we don't like what we see-we don't BUY IT.

Complaint is defined as "I can't read a book about Bruce Banner because MOON GIRL has a book."
    What you are seeing here is criticism-"Based on what I have read........"
    Lets learn the difference.
    Coates-tail rider?
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm sure there are many long time readers who both like, dislike, and are indifferent to Coates. Just as there are many who may like or dislike Hudlin or McGregor any other writer for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    butterflykiss this just slipped out my pocket and posted itself I swear...

After watching the digital display fade back into the Kimoyo bead Storm righted herself.

Queen Romonda: "That video says it all... Thank you for having tea with me."

Storm: "Queen mother I..."

Queen Mother: "I'm not your queen anymore than you are a loyal Wakandan but it appears that you are more in love with this Logan fellow than my son."

Storm: "It's complicated."

Queen Mother: "It's actually not complicated you don't belong here and deep down you really don't even want to be here. I'm sure all those allegories of Charles Xavier as Dr. King and Magneto as Malcolm X has you longing for some type of 'integration' with an assumed outside society intrigues you but that's only when it a certain number of a particular fan base even really cares."

Storm: "But..."

Queen Mother: "I'm not finished... Look, my son is a key part of a franchise that did 1.3 billion dollars in sales on one movie alone while your attached franchise would have to combine it's total grosses since the year 2000 to compete with that. Do the math... Black folks were dancing in the aisles at screenings and are now doing Wakandan salutes worldwide even at major sporting events. Wake up sister the only place your relationship actually exists is from a WOKE writer trying desperately to feature something both fan bases left behind after the Hudlin years. This is bad even by Romeo and Juliet standards no one is checking for a white haired, blue eyed love interest in a heavy African based sci-fi fantasy."

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/search/?q=x%20men

Queen Mother looks down and stirs her tea and then looks back up at Storm...

Queen Mother: "Even light skinned actresses stepped aside so as not to interfere with this project what's your excuse?"

https://www.bet.com/celebrities/news...t-skinned.html

Queen Mother: "Everybody gets it but you... Are you a stalker now?"

Storm: "No, I never meant..."

Queen Mother: "It's okay girlfriend it's just me and you talking trying to reason this out. Why upset two sets of fans with this dead-up-in-da-streets issue and drag it on indefinitely? You can't sell an ongoing comic by yourself and you appear to be nothing more than this Logan's side chick when Miss Jean Grey is not at his disposal. What value do you bring in revenue to my sons franchise? Are you a homeless intellectual property or what?"

Queen Mother sips her tea and then sets the authentic BP Disney mug down, smiles warmly and waits for a valid answer.

Strom: "But... But... There are Wakandans who worship me as a living god what about what they want!"

Queen Mother: "THEM N!&&@$ OVER THERE... SHEEEEEEEEit you talking crazay nobodyy FRAKS with those primitive idiots way out there this is downtown Wakanda where we have running water and internet access! For that matter we could just as easily worship Thor or Silver Surfer who are way more powerful than you. You are looking for a reason to stick around here because there are no real plans for you back where you came from."

Queen Mother squeezes a little honey into her tea, stirs and sips again.

Queen Mother: "I'm not necessarily kicking you out or saying you have to leave Wakanda right at this very moment but... Bye Felicia!"
    there is only one stalker here and it ain't cute.....

this is your queen? this delusional hot mess!!!???

I think not.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-27-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    butterflykiss this just slipped out my pocket and posted itself I swear...

After watching the digital display fade back into the Kimoyo bead Storm righted herself.

Queen Romonda: "That video says it all... Thank you for having tea with me."

Storm: "Queen mother I..."

Queen Mother: "I'm not your queen anymore than you are a loyal Wakandan but it appears that you are more in love with this Logan fellow than my son."

Storm: "It's complicated."

Queen Mother: "It's actually not complicated you don't belong here and deep down you really don't even want to be here. I'm sure all those allegories of Charles Xavier as Dr. King and Magneto as Malcolm X has you longing for some type of 'integration' with an assumed outside society intrigues you but that's only when it a certain number of a particular fan base even really cares."

Storm: "But..."

Queen Mother: "I'm not finished... Look, my son is a key part of a franchise that did 1.3 billion dollars in sales on one movie alone while your attached franchise would have to combine it's total grosses since the year 2000 to compete with that. Do the math... Black folks were dancing in the aisles at screenings and are now doing Wakandan salutes worldwide even at major sporting events. Wake up sister the only place your relationship actually exists is from a WOKE writer trying desperately to feature something both fan bases left behind after the Hudlin years. This is bad even by Romeo and Juliet standards no one is checking for a white haired, blue eyed love interest in a heavy African based sci-fi fantasy."

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/search/?q=x%20men

Queen Mother looks down and stirs her tea and then looks back up at Storm...

Queen Mother: "Even light skinned actresses stepped aside so as not to interfere with this project what's your excuse?"

https://www.bet.com/celebrities/news...t-skinned.html

Queen Mother: "Everybody gets it but you... Are you a stalker now?"

Storm: "No, I never meant..."

Queen Mother: "It's okay girlfriend it's just me and you talking trying to reason this out. Why upset two sets of fans with this dead-up-in-da-streets issue and drag it on indefinitely? You can't sell an ongoing comic by yourself and you appear to be nothing more than this Logan's side chick when Miss Jean Grey is not at his disposal. What value do you bring in revenue to my sons franchise? Are you a homeless intellectual property or what?"

Queen Mother sips her tea and then sets the authentic BP Disney mug down, smiles warmly and waits for a valid answer.

Strom: "But... But... There are Wakandans who worship me as a living god what about what they want!"

Queen Mother: "THEM N!&&@$ OVER THERE... SHEEEEEEEEit you talking crazay nobodyy FRAKS with those primitive idiots way out there this is downtown Wakanda where we have running water and internet access! For that matter we could just as easily worship Thor or Silver Surfer who are way more powerful than you. You are looking for a reason to stick around here because there are no real plans for you back where you came from."

Queen Mother squeezes a little honey into her tea, stirs and sips again.

Queen Mother: "I'm not necessarily kicking you out or saying you have to leave Wakanda right at this very moment but... Bye Felicia!"
    Why did I read all of this in Angela Bassett’s voice?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I really applaud you for taking time out to politely speak out on the reverse psychology victim Hood that passes for commentary in this thread from time to time.
    Business as usual BCB.

And as far as I recall, "Unfan" is a term only used for BP haters, not for people who like Coates BP.

Someone show a post to correct me if I'm wrong.

Who supported this book when Hudlin did stuff like a certain marriage and other stuff?
    Who endured the nonstop trolling from Namor, X-Men and unfans after the marriage got Diary of a Mad Black Woman by Jason Aaron-that got this thread shutdown MANY times.
    Who went through the period of no Black Panther solo and instead of attacking/lying about folks like Moon Girl, Draken, Carol Danvers, Inhumans, Red Wolf, Starbrand & so on as the reasons why he could't have one-with MORE respect than a LOT of so-called fans.
    Who did not call Disney to get Axel, Joe and other fired because we weren't being pandered to
    Who ALL have Coates a chance. And like a REAL comic book fan SHOULD act-if we don't like what we see-we don't BUY IT.

Complaint is defined as "I can't read a book about Bruce Banner because MOON GIRL has a book."
    Thanks for this post.

Every BP writer from McGregor to now has received criticism so Coates is no different.

Like you said, some of us have been here through the good and the bad.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

oh I know the difference. it's one thing to make criticisms about his approach with wakanda and tchalla, but to call him "chokes", poking fun at him for integrating the xmen in his stories, specifically Ororo (who btw wouldnt be in his stories of not for hudlin) doesnt come off like criticism. it sounds and reads like hating.

Coates-tail rider?
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    exactly. people praise hudlin for how he wrote tchalla but some would rank him as one of the worst storm writers ever. just depends on your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Business as usual BCB.

And as far as I recall, "Unfan" is a term only used for BP haters, not for people who like Coates BP.

thank you for making this distinction because it sometimes seems like this here imo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Real As It Gets..

Business as usual BCB.

I always thought it meant people who pretend to like him, but mostly hate/enjoy seeing him defeated(or any character).

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I always thought it meant people who pretend to like him, but mostly hate/enjoy seeing him defeated(or any character).
    Unfans sometimes try to use deception.

We usually see through the bs after a few posts.

Unfans sometimes try to use deception.

We usually see through the bs after a few posts.
    Like Raptors. They attack not from the front, but from the side.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thank you for making this distinction because it sometimes seems like this here imo.
    I'll put it to you like this BK.

Remember how upset Storm fans were because they thought Jean had come back from the dead to steal her shine?

They wondered why Jean was doing things that Storm should have been doing.

Remember the posters who were defending Jean.

And then there were the posters who would question Jeans feats and what she could and couldn't do?

It's was like that everyday in the BP thread. Real fans were getting the ban hammer because trolls would come into start isn't.

Or there were poster who knew nothing about BP but would repeat some bs they heard an Unfan say.

We even had a poster who talked much isht about BP only to later admit they never read his comics.

So when some posters come in here and say that Coates is the best BP writer and his BP is the best thing ever, you'll have to understand that there are some of us who've read lots of BP and don't believe that isht one bit.

Like if a poster said that Cyclops is better than Storm. Remember those arguments?

That was the BP thread everyday.

I am a little different from most fans of BP. I really liked him in the 70's, and then really latched on during the Jungle Action run. I am reading the "new stuff" like Priest and Hudlin which I love, but I have only read the recent books by Coates. Issue #2 was good in my opinion. I have a feeling from the posts here that I will not like this fellow after I read his earlier stuff, but for now, I really do like these first 2 issues. This issue T'Challa is a Bad A$$ /and this has been said already/. I almost don't want to read the earlier stuff so I won't have this bias towards the writer. I look forward to issue #3 almost as much as I look forward to Flex's next ROTFLMFAO post.