well at least these seems more in line with Coates wheel house and the story he wants to write. He gets the underdog vs insurmountable odds, a tyrannical villain a real dictator, plus he gets to take from X-men and Spider-Man and all the franchises he enjoyed growing up.

Again I think the issues have been solid, but its like I'm reading an elseworld.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    well at least these seems more in line with Coates wheel house and the story he wants to write. He gets the underdog vs insurmountable odds, a tyrannical villain a real dictator, plus he gets to take from X-men and Spider-Man and all the franchises he enjoyed growing up.

Again I think the issues have been solid, but its like I'm reading an elseworld.
    Unless this has a major effect on WK on earth, I'm treating it as a "what if" story.

Had an idea about his manoeuvres in the ship. What if he is feeding the navigation computer shadow physics equations from his brain. Using the ships reactor to create the quick jumps.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Unless this has a major effect on WK on earth, I'm treating it as a "what if" story.

Had an idea about his manoeuvres in the ship. What if he is feeding the navigation computer shadow physics equations from his brain. Using the ships reactor to create the quick jumps.
    I was confused about the ship. was it teleporting or going invisible?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was confused about the ship. was it teleporting or going invisible?
    I don't know. It looked like mini hyper space jumps to me. Only reason I think that is because I've seen it done in BattleStar Galactica. Lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I don't know. It looked like mini hyper space jumps to me. Only reason I think that is because I've seen it done in BattleStar Galactica. Lol
    lolol I see. I think that makes sense because I think they mentioned they couldn't keep up with them.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Hey Marvell. I understand your points and that is horrible people would purposefully go out of their way to troll fans here. And I remember all of what mentioned in relation to her forum. For the record, I cant speak to the older BP books because I havent read them. I personally like the story Coates is telling, specifically in regards to Tchalla interaction with Ororo. I also think it's fair if people dont like what Coates has done with tchalla but how some choose to discuss their frustration it does at times read like hating versus criticism. But who am I to talk I was doing the same thing in regards to Guggenhein as it relates to his writings of xmen.
    Which is all the more reason why I find your criticism of of some BP readers negative reactions to Coates quite baffling and hypocritical to be quite Frank.

You have (by your own admission) very little (if any) indepth knowledge of T'challa and his mythos prior to Coates yet, see fit to describe those who do have said relevant knowledge, as being "haters" for stating exactly what it is about Coates approach to writing the titular character and his supposedly "solo" book that they take offence to.

I personally have never stated that I have any personal animosity to the writer concerned so where you're getting this "hating on Coates" vibe from is beyond me.

Any writer who drags the BP mythos into the proverbial gutter is open to being criticised irrespective of race, ethnicity, gender or religious/sexual orientation.

You like what Coates is doing for the primary fact that he writes Storm a damn sight better than is the case in any of the X-books and that's good enough for you.

The fact that this writer has done nothing other than dumb T'challa down and write Wakanda as a Boko Haram inflected nation is of no consequence to you just as long as Coates gets Storm's voice "right" in somebody else's solo book.

Coates himself, admitted to having close to ZERO knowledge of the BP character and attendant mythos and this lack has been made abundantly evident in the BP stories his written to date.

The fact that he writes everyone other than T'challa well shows him up all the more for wilful ignorance and a very clear agenda that's anything but supportive of T'challa and his rich mythos.

BANNED

who is diminishing tchalla and his abilities though? if you are referencing the points I made about adversary I would argue the opposite was being done. saying tchalla can beat adversary, because he beat logos and mephisto, I dont think is giving the proper respect to adversary's achievements. it works both ways and being aware of the context as to how tchalla was able to win in those instances isnt diminishing his achievements; it's being respectful of them.
    Come at me when you gain comprehensive knowledge of T'Challa's abilities through actually reading his pre-Coates back history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Come at me when you gain comprehensive knowledge of T'Challa's abilities through actually reading his pre-Coates back history.
    I wouldn't waste your breath, Brother Maj. As long as Coates writes "the one true goddess of the X-Men" well, he's not going to care. He'll treat this half-baked Star Wars fanfic as the best thing since Kirby, and keep posting the same half-dozen pages like it's all that matters.

(And don't think I noticed his attempt to downplay movie!Nakia by posting pics of Yzma!Malice... )

Anyway, "comprehensive" knowledge isn't necessary. But casual knowledge of just why the character became popular in the first place (hint: It wasn't his girlfriend... back then it was Monica Lynne anyway) might help.

You can criticize and discuss stuff you like as well.

I've criticized Priest's run for numerous things, despite it containing some of my favorite arcs/stories of all time.

Season 3, so far, has outstanding art, cool action... but the plot is incredibly thin at this point and is incredibly decompressed.

Mystery comics are HARD. The reveal has to match the build-up. And so far, we have two issues of pure build-up without having any freaking clue what is happening. Like at all. We know nothing except empire bad, freed slaves good, T'challa is a prodigy, Killmonger's suit is sicknasty.

We don't even know what universe this is in... which may be by design since alternate reality comics sometimes sell like shit.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Honestly, BP & Crew summed up everything you need to know about what Coates thinks of Tchalla.

He has a slow burn to introduce Every Character and each issue is their "Solo" issue. Everyone gets to shine. Showing them kick butt and whatever. Tchalla doesn't show up till the very end of issue 2 and for his solo issue he: follows storm around like a puppy, talks about how he had the IG and was too afraid to fix his marriage. Gets talked down to by some random old lady, randomly asks Storm if she likes his new Luke Charles identity to which she says essentially i got got time for this, then sings some stupid r&b song... So when every other character gets an action sequence and Looks badass. Tchalla? Nothing.. That spoke volumes of his mindset. Tchalla and his mythos is simply the vehicle in which to push his agenda.

It's hard to write a character well if you don't like then or what they Stand for

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah I saw that as soon as he appeared.. it just didn't work though. They should of been regular but remained the same color. Otherwise the habit looks great.

spoilers:
    though I'm guessing he is fused with a symbiote to get him an extra boost given how his habit wrecked that dude,
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If it is indeed a symbiote, like the one Venom has (and it appears to be given what we saw), then marvel for whatever reason pretty much always draws symbiotes to have big Spider-Man like eyes. All symbiotes seem to have elements of Spider-Mans costume for some reason... doesn't make any sense, but that's just how marvel decided to have them look. If nothing else, I suppose it makes him look more evil or whatever.
    end of spoilers[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly, BP & Crew summed up everything you need to know about what Coates thinks of Tchalla.

He has a slow burn to introduce Every Character and each issue is their "Solo" issue. Everyone gets to shine. Showing them kick butt and whatever. Tchalla doesn't show up till the very end of issue 2 and for his solo issue he: follows storm around like a puppy, talks about how he had the IG and was too afraid to fix his marriage. Gets talked down to by some random old lady, randomly asks Storm if she likes his new Luke Charles identity to which she says essentially i got got time for this, then sings some stupid r&b song... So when every other character gets an action sequence and Looks badass. Tchalla? Nothing.. That spoke volumes of his mindset. Tchalla and his mythos is simply the vehicle in which to push his agenda.

It's hard to write a character well if you don't like then or what they Stand for
    Another concerning thing about Misty and the Crew is that it was also a mystery book.

And the "reveal" was terrible.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    spoilers:
    If it is indeed a symbiote, like the one Venom has (and it appears to be given what we saw), then marvel for whatever reason pretty much always draws symbiotes to have big Spider-Man like eyes. All symbiotes seem to have elements of Spider-Mans costume for some reason... doesn't make any sense, but that's just how marvel decided to have them look. If nothing else, I suppose it makes him look more evil or whatever.
    end of spoilers[/B]
    I felt it made him look more cartoon like and took away from evil vibe. Had they been smaller he would of looked more threatening

At the Saturn Awards last night, Black Panther won:

Best Comic to Motion Picture Release (over Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Logan, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, and Wonder Woman)

Best Director (over Guillermo Delgado Toro for The Shape of Water (which is huge, since GDT won the oscar), Patty Jenkins for Wonder Woman, Rian Johnson for The Last Jedi, Jordan Peele for Get Out, Matt Reeves for War for the Planet of the Apes, and Denis Villeneuve for Bladerunner 2049)

Best Supporting Actress - Danai Gurira (over Ana de Armos in Bladerunner 2049, Carrie Fisher in The Last Jedi, Lois Smith in Marjorie Prime, Tessa Thompson in Thor: Ragnarok, Octavia Spencer in The Shape of Water, and Kelly Marie Tran in The Last Jedi)

Best Priduction Design (over Beauty and the Beast, Bladerunner 2049, The Last Jedi, The Shape of Water, and Valerian)

Best Makeup (over Bladerunner 2049, Wonder, Guardians 2, IT, The Last Jedi, and The Shape of Water)

It lost:
    Best Writing to The Last Jedi
    Best Actor to Mark Hamill in The Last Jedi (Chadwick was nominated)
    Best Actress to Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman (Lupita was nominated)
    Best Supporting Actor to Patrick Stewart in Logan (Michael B. Jordan was nominated)
    Best Performance By a Younger Actor to Tom Holland in Spider-man: Homecoming (Letitia Wright was nominated)
    Best Editing to The Last Jedi
    Best Music to Coco
    Best Costume Design to Beauty and the Beast (this loss is the only one I personally hate, bc I thought BatB's costumes were relatively atrocious)
    Best Special Effects to Guardians 2

On the film side, BP came away with the most awards at 5.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post

It lost:
    Best Writing to The Last Jedi
    .... LOL
    Best Actor to Mark Hamill in The Last Jedi (Chadwick was nominated)
    ... LOL
    Best Actress to Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman (Lupita was nominated)
    Best Supporting Actor to Patrick Stewart in Logan (Michael B. Jordan was nominated)
    Best Performance By a Younger Actor to Tom Holland in Spider-man: Homecoming (Letitia Wright was nominated)
    I'll allow it
    Best Editing to The Last Jedi
    is this the movie with the random side plot that ended up being a whole lot of nothing in the middle of the movie or...?
    Best Music to Coco
    Best Costume Design to Beauty and the Beast (this loss is the only one I personally hate, bc I thought BatB's costumes were relatively atrocious)
    I haven't seen CoCo but I find this HARD to believe music wise.

But losing best costume design... I honestly can't believe that. Just can't.

Best Special Effects to Guardians 2
    Ego was ON POINT