Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm late to the party since I just read Black Panther #2. I'll give my thoughts in a second, but I was wondering if anyone read Wakanda Forever? I didn't buy it because it doesn't seem worth the money, but I'm curious if anyone else did.

On to Black Panther. Obviously, I'm a week late, so sorry about that. I was doing my best to avoid spoilers so I apologize if everything I say is redundant.

I don't know why people said they were confused by this story. This seemed like a pretty straight-forward Star Wars comic.

Seriously, though, the action was good and the world building has potential. The basic idea is T'Challa is a badass rebel leader who always has the upperhand on the Empire. The M'Kraan crystal makes a ton of sense as a way to resolve this whole thing if they're either in the future or in an alternate dimension. Yes, I recognize they could use King Solomon's Frogs to do the same thing, but the frogs are often used in light romps, which this is not.

BTW, is "Every breath you take is mercy from me" the Black Panther equivalent of "You shouldn't have signed it" in Daredevil? Look, I know it's jarring that it's used in such a different context, but I find it just to be fun. Plus, if they're in the future, they might know it's a famous line T'Challa once said and it stuck in the lexicon.
    Wakanda Forever was pretty average. So-so art, and the story was a pretty straight foreward super hero team up. Bad guy shows up, Spider-Man shows up, the Doras show up, and they team up to beat the bad guy. Nothing terrible about it, but nothing to write home about either. Spidey interacting with the Doras was sort of fun I suppose in a sort of fish out of water way. But it's pretty average all around.

And I think people are confused simply because they don't have all the answers yet... which isn't all that surprising given we're 2 issues into what I assume is a 12 issue story.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wakanda Forever was pretty average. So-so art, and the story was a pretty straight foreward super hero team up. Bad guy shows up, Spider-Man shows up, the Doras show up, and they team up to beat the bad guy. Nothing terrible about it, but nothing to write home about either. Spidey interacting with the Doras was sort of fun I suppose in a sort of fish out of water way. But it's pretty average all around.

And I think people are confused simply because they don't have all the answers yet... which isn't all that surprising given we're 2 issues into what I assume is a 12 issue story.
    I agree with most of this. I wasnt really impressed with the issue. I hope the future stories pick up.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree with most of this. I wasnt really impressed with the issue. I hope the future stories pick up.
    Could be wishful thinking on my part, but I'm assuming the issue with Storm will be a little more interesting because it's more personal. She's not just some random hero Malice happens to wander into like Spider-Man.

Still, at this point I'm not expecting a whole lot writing wise. I don't expect it to be terrible, but this likely won't be the second coming of Watchman either.

BANNED

Found this interesting.
    Attachment 67858
    Attachment 67859

Strange is obviously thinking about Storm/I kid.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Did you interpret the intro as Tchalla has been with the rebellion for two years or has the rebellion as a whole been happening for two?

Because if Tchalla has only been in for a little while, how did he became an ace pilot so quickly.
    T'Challa has been with the rebellion for two years (i.e., this issue takes place two years later).

The first page says "Then two years ago, the Maroons, a band of rebel slaves who opposed the Empire, added a powerful new champion to their ranks."
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

That is what I figured. Coates is trying extra hard to make this story insignificant. I don't think Marvel will let him go back home two years older than when he left and still be caught up with the main Marvel story

I'm late to the party since I just read Black Panther #2. I'll give my thoughts in a second, but I was wondering if anyone read Wakanda Forever? I didn't buy it because it doesn't seem worth the money, but I'm curious if anyone else did.
    it is a pretty basic, "ok" comic.

Not really worth picking up IMO. The only status quo change really is that

spoilers:
    Malice is dying from using the Junfeiro herb so much and that is why she is trying to get T'challa's attention one last time
    end of spoilers

There is no continuity ruining, no retcons, nothing really earth shattering. T'chalal isn't low keyed shit on. It's just a normal comic. Spidey is written fine. Doras had wakanda new age tech. It isn't like World of Wakanda lol.

I was really only interested because I was hoping we would get some explanation to:

1. where the hell has Okoye been?

2. why did she come back?

3. why is the most loyal dora we have ever seen on panel partnering with traitors to the crown?

4. Where has Malice been?

Frankly, 1-3 weren't touched on at all and 4 is kinda sorta in the spoiler tags barely.

In fact, you could have made the Dora's nameless and the story wouldn't have changed much. Okoye has a relationship with Malice I suppose but that wasn't touched on much either.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Off topic, but MoS, you are an Inhuman fan. What did you think of Death of Inhumans?

I think Cates blew the roof off. If God Butcher had a little brother, this would be it.

That is what I figured. Coates is trying extra hard to make this story insignificant. I don't think Marvel will let him go back home two years older than when he left and still be caught up with the main Marvel story
    Yeah. This is basically goign to end up with "it was all a dream but then T'challa thinks 'what if nyami's first ship is out there" or some shit

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Off topic, but MoS, you are an Inhuman fan. What did you think of Death of Inhumans?

I think Cates blew the roof off. If God Butcher had a little brother, this would be it.
    I'm sad.

Feel like Inhumans are being used as a sacrifice to the X-fan fanboys as a "mea culpa" sort of thing.

There is no reason to kill everyone. If they just didn't want to use them just don't.

I think the story is gonna be good but Cates is a beast (even if he ignored recent continuity) but as an Inhuman fan, im' scared for the future. I've enjoyed most of the inhuman books during the push.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I am a big Aaron fan but...

Avengers has been a disappointment.

It is just "there." There really haven't been any cool character interactions, no cool big moments (sub was neat today), I actually don't like the art at all and I don't feel like it fits the book

It isn't "bad" it is just a read, shrug, move on type book.
    Yeah lots of set up right now and not much else going on. I don't like the every thing you ever knew was a lie angle either. Kinda wish it just took off like no surrender did. Just jumped in and got going. The 1 mil bc avengers thing should of spun into it's own series as well because it's an interesting angle

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Could be wishful thinking on my part, but I'm assuming the issue with Storm will be a little more interesting because it's more personal. She's not just some random hero Malice happens to wander into like Spider-Man.

Still, at this point I'm not expecting a whole lot writing wise. I don't expect it to be terrible, but this likely won't be the second coming of Watchman either.
    yea I'm with you on the last part. I hope you are right about the personal element but if the next issue reads like the last I'm pretty sure I wont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    it is a pretty basic, "ok" comic.

Not really worth picking up IMO. The only status quo change really is that

spoilers:
    Malice is dying from using the Junfeiro herb so much and that is why she is trying to get T'challa's attention one last time
    end of spoilers

There is no continuity ruining, no retcons, nothing really earth shattering. T'chalal isn't low keyed shit on. It's just a normal comic. Spidey is written fine. Doras had wakanda new age tech. It isn't like World of Wakanda lol.

I was really only interested because I was hoping we would get some explanation to:

1. where the hell has Okoye been?

2. why did she come back?

3. why is the most loyal dora we have ever seen on panel partnering with traitors to the crown?

4. Where has Malice been?

Frankly, 1-3 weren't touched on at all and 4 is kinda sorta in the spoiler tags barely.

In fact, you could have made the Dora's nameless and the story wouldn't have changed much. Okoye has a relationship with Malice I suppose but that wasn't touched on much either.
    these are all good questions. it's like why now? and honestly this all happening in new York seemed really forced to me.

I dont understand what you are saying. how is Coates trying to make the story insignificant? in what manner?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

On to Black Panther. Obviously, I'm a week late, so sorry about that. I was doing my best to avoid spoilers so I apologize if everything I say is redundant.

I don't know why people said they were confused by this story. This seemed like a pretty straight-forward Star Wars comic.

Seriously, though, the action was good and the world building has potential. The basic idea is T'Challa is a badass rebel leader who always has the upperhand on the Empire. The M'Kraan crystal makes a ton of sense as a way to resolve this whole thing if they're either in the future or in an alternate dimension. Yes, I recognize they could use King Solomon's Frogs to do the same thing, but the frogs are often used in light romps, which this is not.

BTW, is "Every breath you take is mercy from me" the Black Panther equivalent of "You shouldn't have signed it" in Daredevil? Look, I know it's jarring that it's used in such a different context, but I find it just to be fun. Plus, if they're in the future, they might know it's a famous line T'Challa once said and it stuck in the lexicon.
    I think it's going to become his new catchphrase. This the 3rd time it's been used. Though Erik said it rather then Tchalla

yea I'm with you on the last part. I hope you are right about the personal element but if the next issue reads like the last I'm pretty sure I wont like it.

these are all good questions. it's like why now? and honestly this all happening in new York seemed really forced to me.

I dont understand what you are saying. how is Coates trying to make the story insignificant? in what manner?
    Similar to House of M and Age of Apocalypse. Some things might sneak in such as characters, but long term it won't mean anything once Tchalla is back home.

It is essentially a "what if" story.