Page 5086 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 4086458649865036507650825083508450855086508750885089509050965136 ... LastLast
Results 76,276 to 76,290 of 77781
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Not to go off topic for long but didn't they push the Storm solo back? If Coates made that decision then why?

He had his opportunity right there.
    I think this was discussed maybe about ten pages ago (probably more). The Storm book hasn't gone beyond the discussion stage, so it was never pushed back. The Storm book is essentially "something he might like to do" and nothing more.

I'm not so sure. He just started writing Captain America, another action oriented comic. He can do less dialogue for BP while focusing on Cap.

This isn't him trying to embrace his weakness. This is him lobbing a softball with the Space Empire/rebel T'Challa/Nakia and M'Baku story and doing less lifting in the process, leaving Acuna to do the story-telling.
    Once again, unless we know what his scripts look like, it's not clear an action issue is less work.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

I'm not sure that I'm feeling to cloth being attached but the third close up of the mask looks really good.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think this was discussed maybe about ten pages ago (probably more). The Storm book hasn't gone beyond the discussion stage, so it was never pushed back. The Storm book is essentially "something he might like to do" and nothing more.
    Not according to the artist who'd already been tapped to draw the series unless she spoke out of turn.

Once again, unless we know what his scripts look like, it's not clear an action issue is less work.
    Pretty clear he has less dialogue. He scripts should be no different that what it normally is. He's just putting in less dialogue in the scene so it's left to the artist to get the message across.

Coates pretty much said the same thing when Stelfreeze was on art.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    yeah I have to agree. This story is completely different from what he was doing before. Not in a way that one who says they have 5 years worth of story to tell either. I think it's about time Redjack got hos chance to tell BP. He was interested in it. So long as he has time
    I don't doubt that Coates knows he has to change his game. Like I said, he can do political, he can do social relevant.

What he can't do is boring and that's what was happening. He needs a game-changer so he goes Star Wars and we get Luke Charles Skywalker along with Chew'Baku and Nakia Solo.

Not saying it's a bad play on his part, just that he's got a long way to climb to get people back on board. But some ain't coming back.

Someone let me hold something...

$162,664 to be exact to push Black Panther over that $700,000,000 domestic box office mark!

I don't doubt that Coates knows he has to change his game. Like I said, he can do political, he can do social relevant.

What he can't do is boring and that's what was happening. He needs a game-changer so he goes Star Wars and we get Luke Charles Skywalker along with Chew'Baku and Nakia Solo.

Not saying it's a bad play on his part, just that he's got a long way to climb to get people back on board. But some ain't coming back.
    let's see how well this arc does. number one sold really well and if people were not interested in what he was doing the issue wouldnt have done as such. with the good reviews on both his bp and now captain America books I see these issues hopefully continuing to do well.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-05-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I was never there for Coates BS in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    let's see how well this arc does. number one sold really well and if people were not interested in what he was doing the issue wouldnt have done as such. with the good reviews on both his bp and now captain America books I see these issues hopefully continuing to do well.
    New #1's ALWAYS sell well, especially with multiple variants to artificially bump up sales. That means nothing.

If Coates follows the usual pattern, and I see no reason to believe he won't, he'll be down to his previous numbers (if not worse) sooner than you would expect.

renumbering and variants vastly inflated the #1.

There was interest in the idea though. But, most thought it would be in continuity, continuing the story from Hickman.

We won't know til about issues #5 what the "real" sales are due to pre-orders and such.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Where are there numbers that said it sold? Lets not get order numbers mixed up with actual sold numbers-that don't get put out.

Now lets see if these numbers on Amazon can go up before release date.

Black Panther Book 6 (Black Panther by Ta-Nehisi Coates (2018)) Paperback – February 5, 2019

#187 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #364 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

While not as high as BP WOW trade when it was at issue 2 and then axed (it was 150)-that is interesting for it be a top 200 listing 7 months before release.
    It's higher than Thor, Hulk & Avengers trade pre-orders. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY higher.

Never said people weren't interested in Star Wars. They wanted to see how Wakanda gets a galactic empire. Like MoS and BoG said, always a bump with a new number one and BP is a popular character so sales should be good for the first issue.

The question is can it be sustained and what happens when Star Wars is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I was never there for Coates BS in the first place.
    Heh, BCB you were calling it out from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    New #1's ALWAYS sell well, especially with multiple variants to artificially bump up sales. That means nothing.

If Coates follows the usual pattern, and I see no reason to believe he won't, he'll be down to his previous numbers (if not worse) sooner than you would expect.
    no they dont just look to some of the xmen solo books including storm book. lol

that said i hope you are wrong about those numbers. I love coates and his writing and I'm rooting for him to succeed being that he is the only black writer that has an ongoing at marvel currently that I am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    renumbering and variants vastly inflated the #1.

There was interest in the idea though. But, most thought it would be in continuity, continuing the story from Hickman.

We won't know til about issues #5 what the "real" sales are due to pre-orders and such.
    perhaps but like I said time will tell. issue 2 depending what percent drop we see should give more insight to this.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Where are there numbers that said it sold? Lets not get order numbers mixed up with actual sold numbers-that don't get put out.

Now lets see if these numbers on Amazon can go up before release date.

Black Panther Book 6 (Black Panther by Ta-Nehisi Coates (2018)) Paperback – February 5, 2019

#187 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #364 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

While not as high as BP WOW trade when it was at issue 2 and then axed (it was 150)-that is interesting for it be a top 200 listing 7 months before release.
    It's higher than Thor, Hulk & Avengers trade pre-orders. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY higher.
    fair point. but number 1 did have to go through a second iteration of reprints so there is that as indication it sold pretty well.

Never said people weren't interested in Star Wars. They wanted to see how Wakanda gets a galactic empire. Like MoS and BoG said, always a bump with a new number one and BP is a popular character so sales should be good for the first issue.

I agree with all of this that's why I was saying let's wait and see how well the first arc does. from all of the mostly positive feedback thus far I expect it to do well but u never know.

There's no doubt whatsoever that the book won't be able to sustain the sale numbers of the first issue.

But that said, I'm expecting the books sales will be fine.