Page 5120 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 4120462050205070511051165117511851195120512151225123512451305170 ... LastLast
Results 76,786 to 76,800 of 77781

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I do think he's kind of right about the action though.
    The thing about action, is that it is not a "one size fits all" thing.

I feel like too many internet critics expect action to be exactly the same. "Winter Soldier was Awesome! so all action should be like Winter Soldier!" syndrome.

I fell for it too, because TWS is (was) my favorite MCU movie. Once I stopped doing that wtih BP, I enjoyed the stylistic and artistic choices Coogler made much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean.. meh BP was more then just a standard superhero flick. My only complaint was when Tchalla was wrecking goons it was hard to see in the theater
    Agreed. That is my only real "complaint" about the action left. Way too dark to appreciate what was going on in the Nigeria scene.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea that was actually my only complaint too, especially with the first scene. I'm hoping the cgi is much better next to round especially with all the money the first one made.
    It isn't likely to get much higher of a budget. The movie was expensive as hell to make. They spared no expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I have a theory…

Comics have become infected by what I sometimes call the "literary disease" in that they've accepted the premise that a story cannot be well-written and popular/escapist at the same time. So we have run after run of stories that are political analogies, psychological deconstructions, or post-modern satires, when all many readers really want is to be entertained by a good adventure story.
    I feel like they also lost subtlety in recent years. Current writers like Coates beat you over the head with the analogies. You can't even enjoy the adventure part of the story because every single page punches you in the face with "analogies."
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Marvel is partnering with IDW to do an all-ages Black Panther series.

They even mention Shuri:

“From Iron Man to Captain Marvel, from the Hulk to Shuri — the Marvel pantheon has something for everyone,” says John Barber, editor-in-chief of IDW. “With this team-up, Marvel and IDW aim to bring exciting, all-new comics to a generation growing up in a Marvel world.”
    The Black Panther book will be out in January 2019.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I have a theory…

Comics have become infected by what I sometimes call the "literary disease" in that they've accepted the premise that a story cannot be well-written and popular/escapist at the same time. So we have run after run of stories that are political analogies, psychological deconstructions, or post-modern satires, when all many readers really want is to be entertained by a good adventure story.
    You might be onto something.

I love the MCU. I have not purchased monthly comics in years.

Extraordinary Member

I finally saw the film this weekend. While not my favorite MCU film, I liked it. T'Challa seemed right out the 1970's, to me. He is very noble, and idealistic.

I still enjoyed his Civil War appearance more.

Also, I really hated Killmonger. His fate was well deserved. He really irked me.

I hope we get a more Priest/Hudlin version of T'Challa in the films moving forward.

Is this wrong to say, but is it hopeful to look forward to this new series to possibly get a good Panther book far away from the influence of Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Is this wrong to say, but is it hopeful to look forward to this new series to possibly get a good Panther book far away from the influence of Coates.
    It will be for middle schoolers, so probably simple self contained stories with actions. Like an 80s cartoon. Lol

Avengers needed these for Age of Ultron. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I finally saw the film this weekend. While not my favorite MCU film, I liked it. T'Challa seemed right out the 1970's, to me. He is very noble, and idealistic.

I still enjoyed his Civil War appearance more.

Also, I really hated Killmonger. His fate was well deserved. He really irked me.

I hope we get a more Priest/Hudlin version of T'Challa in the films moving forward.
    Statements like this use to irk me, but after some thought i now can deal with this kind or assessment of Black Panther movie. I now look at it as the CW movie captures just dimensions of T'challa however those 2 dimensions were enough to sell him as a bad ass and the BP movie was made with final missing dimension which also was very strong. This gives us two very good but still different versions of T'challa. If this makes any sense.

Shuri comic in October.
    https://www.bustle.com/p/black-panth...o-soon-9782595

Seems like an MU/MCU hybrid
    Last edited by Cville; 07-17-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Shuri comic in October.
    https://www.bustle.com/p/black-panth...o-soon-9782595

Seems like an MU/MCU hybrid
    "Shuri is happiest in a lab, surrounded by gadgets of her own creation. She’d rather be testing gauntlets than throwing them. But a nation without a leader is a vulnerable one — and Shuri may have to choose between Wakanda’s welfare and her own

Wouldn't it just be easier to just say all of coates stuff is non canon and move on at this point?

In the words of BoG, "END SIMULATION"

The more I think abotu this, the more disgusted I get. they aren't even trying with this franchise.

At this point, wouldnt' it have just been easier to go ahead nd put Nakia in the mythos? If we are going full synergy without even TRYING to make it make sense?

Hell, I don't even mind movie synergy when the comics AT LEAST TRY TO MAKE IT MAKE SENSE! This doesn't make a GD bit of sense. This sounds nothing like comic shuri, at all.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 07-17-2018 at 10:13 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Lol, they are definitely hitting the reset button hard with this franchise. Hell at this point I’m expecting Nakia and M’baku to take up permanent residence in 616 at the end of this current arc with their MCU gear to boot.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Lol, they are definitely hitting the reset button hard with this franchise. Hell at this point I’m expecting Nakia and M’baku to take up permanent residence in 616 at the end of this current arc with their MCU gear to boot.

CB Yoshida's cleaning house is still going on it seems.

Last edited by Dboi654; 07-17-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Maybe whatever sent Tchalla to wherever he is used a Polymerization Duel Monsters card on Shuri.

BP canon needs a Flashpoint.

Use Infinity Wars, say Season One of Coates never happened.

Use Narcisse's mini as the updated history, add this mini in for Shuri and I guess let coates tell his Space story for six issues and let someone else take over after that.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum