Page 5182 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 41824682508251325172517851795180518151825183518451855186 LastLast
Results 77,716 to 77,730 of 77781

Thanos Baseball Card...

Beat the Hulk UFC style, took his wallet, ran the jewels and spray painted The Black Order tattoo on his left buttcheek...

Held Thor with one hand while Thor had his hands free and Power Stone tortured him just to taunt Loki for the Tesserect while what was left of Asgard lay dead on the floor...

Choked Loki to death breaking his neck in the process...

Gave Nebula the Darth Vader/Princess Leia torture spanking and then threw her sister Gamora over a cliff...

Slammed Spiderman in the Ironspider suit unmercifully...

Outwitted Dr. Strange in a physical duel of the minds and magic...

Stabbed Tony Stark near to death forcing Strange to agree to give up the Time Stone...

So which one of these characters, some of whom were ghosted into ashes later would you replace Black Panther with?

If Black Panther were somehow on Titan he is still getting the hands from Thanos one way or another even if he got in a few extra blows!

There is no showing in Infinity Wars where any one character or characters outshined Thanos period!

What skillset does Black Panther have that places him on the Hulk, Thor or Strange's strength levil to compete with Thanos who basically ran through all of them like swatting flies?

The moral of the story was that Thanos was winning against whoever they sent or stood in his way like this was Empire Strikes Back!

The Hulk was running through the Chitauri army in the battle of New York which means Thanos could technically defeat his own army if they turned against him by comparison!

How is the Black Order following Thanos in such a blind faith way unless they know how really powerful he already is... Ebony Maw is riding his jockstrap when his telekinetic powers should make him a rival and yet he feared failing Thanos as he explained to a captured Strange!

One more thing... Technically Thanos teleported beyond the Wakandan forcefield so apparently vibranium mcguffins were not stopping him anyway!

Thanos = The Truth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What is blacksonic talking about? Wakanda made it out better than New York and Knowhere.
    Yah, seriously.

And the MCU isn't T'Challa's just yet. We still have to have one last goodbye for Cap (Evans said he's done), Stark, etc.

T'Challa did fine and Wakanda held their own. Considering what they faced, they proved themselves damn bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yah, seriously.

And the MCU isn't T'Challa's just yet. We still have to have one last goodbye for Cap (Evans said he's done), Stark, etc.

T'Challa did fine and Wakanda held their own. Considering what they faced, they proved themselves damn bad ass.
    Wakanda honestly did a lot better than I thought it would. The exacuated the city and had a force field. It's hard to imagine them doing much better, given what they were facing and how relatively little time they had to prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yah, seriously.

Wakanda honestly did a lot better than I thought it would. The exacuated the city and had a force field. It's hard to imagine them doing much better, given what they were facing and how relatively little time they had to prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Don't forget Iron Man annual #5!

No mercy from T'challa! triple hit combo with the damn executioner finisher!

Gillis is underrated!
    Indeed and I welcome another one in his current book.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yall are making way too many excuses for him in Infinity War. Sounds like how people were after The Force Awakens about Finn. "He'll be better in next one."

Again thank goodness for Civil War and Black Panther. Cause if this was his first real appearance I wouldn't see a franchise for him. EVERYONE got a moment, but him.

His only moment was him outracing everyone and even then it was a tracking shot showing Captain America catching up with him, lol.

That's actually the point. Ryan Coogler specifically said (before we all knew the story details) that T'Challa lost his father as an adult instead of as a kid so that's a different thing. You get to see how two people process things differently because of their situation.

T'Challa actually has the support as an adult, Kilmonger had no support as a child. Its kind of like Batman/Joker (from Killing Joke) in a way where one has the support to still use his power for good and how one bad day can shape someone else down the wrong path.
    Difference being Finn was straight up bitch mode and Tchalla isn't? People are Being realistic and the reality is that no one at marvel knew BP was gotta crush all expectations like it did. Why do you that the last trailer's had Yibambe chant? They wanted to grab some BP fans because of how well he did. Finn was just a bitch through and through who got punked every chance. Tchalla is universes ahead of him

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yall are making way too many excuses for him in Infinity War. Sounds like how people were after The Force Awakens about Finn. "He'll be better in next one."

Again thank goodness for Civil War and Black Panther. Cause if this was his first real appearance I wouldn't see a franchise for him. EVERYONE got a moment, but him.

His only moment was him outracing everyone and even then it was a tracking shot showing Captain America catching up with him, lol.
    Panther had 2 movies to showcase him.

Panther has over 190 solo issues, trades, tv show and cartoon to showcase him.

Panther has 50+ years of existence.

Finn-
    From DAY ONE-he had every racist on the planet hot and bothered.
    So hot and bothered they were willing to shoot up movie theaters over him.

He was used as a weapon to get US to the theater and buy those toys. LOL-it WORKED and toy wise it still does because it's not his toys that are peg warming at Wal-Mart. Who are still begging folks to buy those Last Jedi toys.

The trailer gave you one thing but the films have you something else. Folks were willing to give him the benefit until Last Jedi was the love letter to white feminism.

Of the three leads-Finn is the LEAST known. Poe got a solo series. Rey got toys, books and so on. Finn? We got nothing.

Panther's success should have been the punch to the NUTS about black males in films. DC doesn't get it. Disney got it. NOw we have to see if the folks on Star wars gets it.

What are you guys talking about...

Moses... OOPS I mean Finn represented to the fullest in Star Wars here's proof!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Panther had 2 movies to showcase him.

Panther has over 190 solo issues, trades, tv show and cartoon to showcase him.

Panther has 50+ years of existence.

Finn-
    From DAY ONE-he had every racist on the planet hot and bothered.
    So hot and bothered they were willing to shoot up movie theaters over him.

He was used as a weapon to get US to the theater and buy those toys. LOL-it WORKED and toy wise it still does because it's not his toys that are peg warming at Wal-Mart. Who are still begging folks to buy those Last Jedi toys.

The trailer gave you one thing but the films have you something else. Folks were willing to give him the benefit until Last Jedi was the love letter to white feminism.

Of the three leads-Finn is the LEAST known. Poe got a solo series. Rey got toys, books and so on. Finn? We got nothing.

Panther's success should have been the punch to the NUTS about black males in films. DC doesn't get it. Disney got it. NOw we have to see if the folks on Star wars gets it.
    Thing is, if they actually followed through with the trailer lead on with Finn (how did this storm trooper guy wield a lightsaber) rather then Rey it would of been a really cool angle and something different. Instead we got a character who people find boring because dhe just does stuff with little to no struggle and there achievements suffer because it comes off cheap and easy. The term Mary Sue is very close to what Rey is

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The absolute state of things.

Thanos is walking in like Darth Vader at the end of Rogue One, the most powerful being in the universe, wielding 5 freaking Infinity Stones, 100 yards from completing his goal

and its, "omgz, why didn't T'challa pull some rabbit out of his ass to look cooler right then!"

Hell, T'challa gets bonus points in my eyes for even able to get close enough to be touched by Thanos lol. Everyone got Gauntlet blasted from distance.

Except Steve, he got back up, got a sneak attack in to the knees, arms, and chin... only for Thanos to look at him like he is crazy and then drop the damn hammer on him.

T'challa's "role" in IW was king of Wakanda, welcoming a desperate set of individuals into his country in order to be the last stand against the armies of Thanos to protect vision. His role was a general of an army.

He only got to show up towards the end of the movie, which puts a time limit on what he can actually do. Unfortunately he showed up at a time in the movie when there were also approximately 10 other heroes on the field... that were then joined by 3 more heroes soon after.

And then, the Russos action style, which has been praised constantly to vomit inducing levels on here (they are dope though), simply doesn't work as well in a chaotic open field invasion setting.

T'challa had a few cool moments in fighting the hoard... but the frenetic quick cut syle makes it really really hard to follow when there are 10000 dudes on the screen at the same time. T'challa would get to do something and it would cut to the next hero so fast that you couldn't even absorb what happened fully.

Frankly, if we wanted more Black Panther in IW, that means there would have had to been a stone in Wakanda. And judging what happened to Xandar, Asguardians, Gamora, Knowhere, and Vision... i'm OK with that.

I'm also "ok" with what Black Panther got to do in the movie because it was Avengers: Infinity War. My expectations were he'd only get a few minutes on screen, just like most heroes. Woudl I have liked more? Of course... I'm always down for more T'challa and I woudl gladly sacrifice all of Widow's stunt double's screen time or Spider-Man lol
    The Hulk got bitch-slapped by Thanos to the point that he was too scared to come out. And that was a Thanos with one gem.

This was after he kicked Thor's butt and killed Loki.

Gotta keep isht in perspective here.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    Wakanda was treated badly in IW. Lets hope for less racism in the next Avengers films.
    Wakanda held up very well considering everything that was thrown at them.

Where's the racism tho'?

A new reality tv show has just ben announced...

You Can Get The Hands starring Thanos!

(cue drumroll and canned applause)

Thanos: "Thank you thank, you're far too kind. Welcome to 'You Can Get The Hands' I'm your host Thanos. Some call me the Mad Titan but with all this paper I'm making who can be mad right. On this show we will have special guests and a couple of comedy skits. Over there is my band The Black Order lead by the legendary conductor Ebony Maw. Tell us about yourself."

Ebony Maw: "You know how we do... Rejoice, we are all children of Thanos. On lead guitar we have Corvus Glaive... Piano and backup vocals we have Proxima Midnight... And on drums banging away Black Dwarf."

Thanos: "Very racially inspired names but I aint saying nothing... Anywho, speaking of race our first guest hails from Wakanda please put your hands together for King T'challa!"

T'challa: "Thank you it's a pleasure to be here."

Thanos: "Thank you for being here... So let's get right into it. You have a huge hit movie your first out the gate and you break all types of records even opening in Saudi Arabia which is unheard of... Tell us why your fans think you got shortchanged in my movie!"

T'challa: "I mean... All I did was get grabbed, punched to the ground and all that kinetic energy dispersed right to the dirt."

Thanos: "Okaaaaaay... AND!"

T'challa: "Wakanda should have contingency plans for you... We have plans for Galactus, Aliens versus Predator, Star Wars and the Muppets!"

Thanos: "N!&&@ is you smoking that heart shaped herb or what?"

T'challa: "No, the heart shapes herb was all burned by Killmonger."

Thanos: "So your cousin whips yo @$$ and throws you over the waterfall and you think that you can throw hands with Thanos?"

T'challa: "Well yeah."

Thanos: "Let's go over you feats... You turned a 4280 pound Lexus on a dime, raced up a wall and then shredded a hubcap off a tire and then you stopped a stampeding rhino in it's track."

T'challa: "That is correct... I also had a great showing in Captain America Civil War."

Thanos: "Yes, you got tossed by Scarlet Witch who I ran through to get to Vision... Not very impressive to me but what do I know. Did you ever fight the Hulk?"

T'challa: "The Hulk was not in Civil War."

Thanos: "He was in Infinity Wars let's take a look at this clip..."

clip...

Loki: "We have a Hulk!"

Bang... Biff... Splat.. Crack... Clang... OOMPH... Bing... Boom... Slam!

Hulk: "Hulk quit... Hulk had enough... Hulk tap out, Hulk tap out!"

end clip...

Thanos: "See that's how Thanos do... I don't need contingency plans and all that Batman prep time. Just put a N!&&@ in front of me and I go to work and get that infinity stone believe me!"

Ebony Maw: "He aint never lied, praise be to Thanos!"

T'challa: "Look, I just wanted a good showing for a 1.3 billion dollar movie star and my fans just wanted respect."

Thanos: "My movie made 2 billion dollars so put some respect on my name... Big bank take little bank!"

T'challa: "Indeed!"

Snap...

Thanos: "Wait, how did you get the Infinity Gauntlet?"

T'challa: "Some writer named Redjack was hired as official 'Pointman' for all of my intellectual property so halftime adjustments have been made."

Thanos: "Mother Fu..."

Thanos fades into ashes.

T'challa: "Welcome to 'You Can Get The Hands' I'm your Infinity Gauntlet wielding host King T'challa... AHEM!"

Looks hard at Ebony Maw...

Ebony Maw: "Rejoice, we are all children of Wakanda all hail King T'challa!"

Double Triple Quadruple Post!!!
    Last edited by FLEX HECTIC; 08-03-2018 at 02:43 PM.

“It’s unfortunate because half of them are gone now, but of the ones that are left?” Russo joked. “Danai did, I thought, amazing work in Infinity War. And I think that that character is very powerful and super compelling and I think there’s a lot of places to go with that character.”
    “Her goal in life, her mission in life is protect the king and watching him evaporate in front of her and there is nothing she can do about it is really taking that source of pride from her and that duty.” Russo continues, “It challenges her in the most painful way possible.”
    https://heroichollywood.com/avengers-4-okoye-joe-russo/

That is the nice thing about half the characters vanishing at the end of the last Avengers movie. It at least gives a lot more space for the surviving ones to get more spotlight for at least the first part of the movie. I gotta admit I'm a bit surprised that Okoye might be one of those characters, but it sounds cool. Maybe if there aren't two dozen super heros running around, she'll have room to do something more.