Page 55 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859651051555551055 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Actually it's not that cut and dry( as I side bar for a minute ), I asked Mark Brooks at a con about what on twitter do folks got to do to get a Miles Morales cover out of him and he said he didn't know as he'd love to do one and he's talked to Skottie Young who said the exact same thing, he even assumed he'd get to draw Miles for the 200th issue but didn't. So some artist want to do it but if the editor ain't feeling it then that is where the problem is

Art Adams does sell prints at cons and all his Avengers prints have T'Challa in them both with and without cape

Now back to the show
    this is why any future Black Panther ongoing needs an editor that has his ear to the ground as to what his readers would want and enough pull to get things done. i think one of the things that hampered the last BP ongoing was the editor was kinda outside the big editorial offices and did not have the pull to get some things done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    What's funny is that Hudlin really kind of set this up during Civil War in Black Panther! Honestly, a World War Marvel should have been the next logical step following Civil War.

It would have kept the people from the Avengers: Initiative in play as well.
    I'd say Priest set it up and Hudlin just built on it...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    I'd say Priest set it up and Hudlin just built on it...
    Priest wasn't writing Black Panther during Civil War.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    What's funny is that Hudlin really kind of set this up during Civil War in Black Panther! Honestly, a World War Marvel should have been the next logical step following Civil War.

It would have kept the people from the Avengers: Initiative in play as well.

What if AXIS is that story?
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    What if AXIS is that story?
    I really hope T'challa isn't in that event.

Thanks Maj I think i'll pick up the floppies since the trade doesn't come out till September.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I really hope T'challa isn't in that event.

Thanks Maj I think i'll pick up the floppies since the trade doesn't come out till September.
    No probs my bro.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/6...ospective_pt_1

I didn't know about Don wanting to do the Apartheid story. I really wish he did it since we rarely see T'challa dealing with African issues plus it had something to do with his mother which we know next to nothing about but I'm happy we got the Panther vs the Klan story.

Don's last quote in this interview is pretty funny since its the same today but that's a topic for another thread lol.
    We need better comics

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Whoa! Nice drop!
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/6...ospective_pt_1

I didn't know about Don wanting to do the Apartheid story. I really wish he did it since we rarely see T'challa dealing with African issues plus it had something to do with his mother which we know next to nothing about but I'm happy we got the Panther vs the Klan story.

Don's last quote in this interview is pretty funny since its the same today but that's a topic for another thread lol.
    this is a great article, Don McGregor put a lot of effort into making sure BP stood for something and dealt with societal issues insted of taking the easy road and making BP a caricature.

BANNED

New Batman Arkham video game screenshots look Black Panthery to me. Or at least American Panther/

Might as well jack the Black Panther vibe if he is not using it himself!

If I were a Batman writer I would use all of Black Panther's concepts and hardly anyone would notice... Except for diehard Black Panther fans though!

This would be an excellent preemptive strike for DC to mine all things Black Panther and block what money could come to this franchise!

I would even have Batman do an archeological dig funded by Bruce Wayne in Africa for an ancient civilization's tech ideas as a mockery to how so much of what Black Panther could be doing is buried beneath the sands of time!

The Heart of Africa... Wakanda, or what is left of it.

Bruce: "Alfred look at this heart shaped herb I found!"

Alfred: "Surely Master Wayne you are not going to eat that without further testing done on it's properties."

Bruce: "Heck yeah Alfred, high fiber diets keep you regular!'

Alfred: "Is this some way of saying that you will be crapping on someone symbolically?"

Bruce: "Look Alfred a Kimoyo Card! SWEET!"

Alfred: "Looks like an iPhone to me."

Bruce: "Catwoman would love this place they worshipped cats here long ago!"

Alfred: "I don't think Catwoman will have anything to do with Bast ever again after all the negative reviews for her solo movie."

Speaking of which I need to reserve my copy of Batman: Arkham Knight and hope this comes with an apology for all the crashes and freezes with the Batman: Arkham Origins game!

The Batmobile looks cool now that the power of the new Playstation and Xbox is upgraded!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    this is a great article, Don McGregor put a lot of effort into making sure BP stood for something and dealt with societal issues insted of taking the easy road and making BP a caricature.
    That's why I used to always laugh when people would complain about Hudlin's run tackling certain issue while at the same time claiming they loved the previoius stuff. Black Panther has been dealing with that sort of thing for decades now. People said Hudlin was too heavy handed with it but compared to some of those old Panther stories Hudlin damn near tip toed around some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    New Batman Arkham video game screenshots look Black Panthery to me. Or at least American Panther/

that really angers me.

Makes me hate Marvel

A few tweaks of the Thrice Blessed Armor and the distinction between Black Panther and Batman can be made... In fact calling it "Thriced Blessed" should probably be the standard as part of the whole ceremonial concept!

I was at the gym talking to a dude who had just taken my son to school on the basketball court... Quick Note: I actually tell the older and better ball players to go hard at my son to force him to adapt to the higher level on the fly to make him mores BOSS by the time senior year comes around and he graduates to being watched by Global Honored on somebody's NCAA tournament team! Lol

One of the white guys who plays basketball wears Captain America t-shirts and I having played in one of my Black Panther t-shirts on occasion often talk comics while guarding each other every now and then... I should take a picture of that one day he has some cool shirts!

The other guy who schooled my son was a brotha from Jamaica so I showed him a picture of Black Panther on my iPhone to which he replied that it looked too much like Batman!

Other than my t-shirts this was the first time he had ever heard of Black Panther as a character and thought that I meant the Black Panther Party!

The Batman and Black Panther Party connection is a problem one way or another even for those who are black so a clear distance must be made from those other well known entities to separate Black Panther as a stand alone intellectual property!

It should not be too hard to distinguish between a bat and a dark coated leopard but this is why T'challa should be a bonafide king of a nation and not yet another black spandex wearing vigilante member of the Avengers!

If upon first initial response of seeing Black Panther another black man sees him as a Batman ripoff this is problematic!

BANNED