Page 56 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960661061565561056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    That's why I used to always laugh when people would complain about Hudlin's run tackling certain issue while at the same time claiming they loved the previoius stuff. Black Panther has been dealing with that sort of thing for decades now. People said Hudlin was too heavy handed with it but compared to some of those old Panther stories Hudlin damn near tip toed around some stuff.
    I never understood the hate for the Katrina arc

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    that really angers me.

Makes me hate Marvel
    You should hate DC for this not Marvel

T'challa still looks the same as he did in 1966, its the different versions of Batman that look more like BP

You can't call Black Panther a Batman ripoff when Batman looked like this in 1966

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...3-1024-768.gif
    We need better comics

I don't think there would be confusion if Marvel released a film titled Black Panther with the party, but calling it something like The King of Wakanda or something actually cool would solve that.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I don't think there would be confusion if Marvel released a film titled Black Panther with the party, but calling it something like The King of Wakanda or something actually cool would solve that.
    How about Black Panther: The King of Wakanda? I think that'd be a cool name for a film.

Meh its Shuri
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Meh its Shuri
    I'm glad whenever Shuri gets some burn. Also I think that's her first appearance outside of the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    How about Black Panther: The King of Wakanda? I think that'd be a cool name for a film.
    "Marvel's The Avengers"

"Marvel's Black Panther"

Anyone that would draw comparisons between Black Panther and the Black Panther and see it as a negative likely wouldn't go see the movie no matter what title it has.

The Black Panther is fine. The people that are going to complain will do it regardless.

And they'll say all the dumb crap trolls have said for years. Just watch Fox will talk about how the movie is anti-white, how in one comic panther withheld the cure for cancer, blah, blah, blah.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

The Black Panther itself is a good enough name for the movie title it's what he does in the movie that makes him what he is!

He has to be a warrior king and not just a vigilante freed up by his queen sister to play super hero with the other Avengers or the Bruce Wayne comparisons will double up!

Necropolis is literally the bat cave so it's a bad idea for the movie and wreaks of Catwoman in concept so if it does not want a Razzy award it should steer clear of that angle!

In fact The Black Panther: King of The Dead is a title best left for a Van Damme or Steven Seagal straight to video movie if you don't want to be taken seriously at the box office!

The worst case scenario for this movie is not to cross the T's and dot the I's properly and thus lay an egg that dies a slow death at the box office!

You don't want one of these moments the day after all the smoke clears...

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    I'm glad whenever Shuri gets some burn. Also I think that's her first appearance outside of the comics.
    She appeared in the BP motion comic remember lol

voiced by the beautiful Keri Washington

Man-Ape y'all

We need better comics

The comparisons with Batman are going to be unfairly used against a Black Panther film if one is released. They'd have to really push the fact that he is a king. It's not only right that he should be in his film but it will easily separate him from uneducated comparisons.

(General public could do with being told that the Batman they know today has only been around since the 80's.)

Man-Ape???

A public relations disaster just waiting to happen!

And have they figured how to reload a spear in the modern era where most armies use automatic weaponry and other high repetition projectile fire arms?

I think this is good because the backlash itself will have a Donald Sterling type ending finally forcing the issue of getting rid of the black man in an ape suit along with the african tribes in butt naked gear!

The only way to ensure this is to keep pushing this character until it offends enough people that the inevitable happens thus closing the door forever on this questionable concept!

Press conference, Burbank.

Mickey Mouse: "On behalf of Disney and Marvel we would like to extend our apologies to those who were offended by the depiction of a black guy in an ape suit. Our intent was just good fun and not to offend anyone so we deeply regret any negativity caused by his appearance in comics, cartoons and the movie that we sucked all the air out of when we could have just as easily used Klaw or Killmonger and made life much easier on ourselves. Again we reach out to all the communities that took offense to this racial stereotype and would like all to know that we at Disney do not condone nor support the making fun of ethnic races, cultures or creeds."

Meanwhile at ESPN...

Steven A. Smith: "Let me be clear... LE-BRON James has spoken up and says there is no place for Man-Ape at Disney and so eloquently expressed his views on the matter so I think Mickey Mouse should be voted out of Disney for this debacle that could and should have been handled better!"

Skip Bayless: "I agree with you Steven A. even though Disney owns ESPN and signs our checks there is no place for even the slightest hint of racism or mockery of other races... Let's let Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder weigh in on this controversy!"

Dan Snyder: "I don't see anything wrong or offensive having a black guy in an ape suit... It's all good kiddie fun in my point of view!'

Keep playing around with your revenue I mean it's only money after all...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_111263.html

Point Man: "STOP THE RANGE ROVER SIR!!!"

Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Man-Ape???

A public relations disaster just waiting to happen!

And have they figured how to reload a spear in the modern era where most armies use automatic weaponry and other high repetition projectile fire arms?

Its comics man. Why don't all the heroes use automatic weapons?

Because... comics... that is why. Comics is the place where a spear is just a mighty as an automatic gun.

And long live M'Baku!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html