Page 59 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263691091595591059 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I had seen that as another example of Marvel trying to drive yet another wedge between a black man and a black woman. But I see this as another opportunity to speak directly TO Marvel about it...and Mike Marts, because he is now a part of this (unless this script was approved by Nick Lowe before his departure from the X-Office). They'll be hearing from me on this issue (literally and figuratively).

On an unrelated note, judging from what we saw of T'Challa in "Black Panther: Man Without Fear" and "Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive", would you all say that T'Challa has skills like MacGyver? (can make a weapon out of almost anything/can escape situations using items in ways which people would not normally think they could be used in)?

More power to you. Honestly, unless there is a serious cultural change in the X-office, imho it's pointless. But what you said is pretty much it. It's sad that no one is aware how this looks. It's sad really.

On the second, yes. One old Avengers arc had him build a dimensional portal with scrap parts! Simply put, T'challa is probably the best lateral thinker among the super genius characters on earth.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Deleted off-topic posts. This is not a thread for X-Books-bashing, Wolverine-bashing, Storm-bashing or speculation related therein. You don't like how Black Panther is treated somewhere? Okay. Discuss something you actually appreciate. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Is that Johnny Alpha the Strontium Dog I see in your avvy, Joe?
    Yes.

Mighty Member

I read Original Sin #3 and BP is only on one page. Obviously not much happens with him in the issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    My major problem with that mini is that Dickey needlessly reversed the roles of who saved who.
    I was actually fine with that but a lot of Storm fans doesn't like it so I guess, retcon was the best thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I really like the way Aaron is writing BP in Original Sin.
    Scans please.

The teenage sex in Dickey's book was definitely something that got just a tad bit icky and could have been left out entirely!

Who saved who is a trivial matter since they both grew up to become super heroes anyway and do that as an afterthought for complete strangers!

The real problem that was revealed was that there was such vitriol between the fan bases that none of it is worth the trouble on any level again!

Sure if you were going for the tabloid reading crowd then all that drama is well worth it all the way to the Wendy Williams Show but sometimes you just want to read your comics in peace where it's plainly clear who the good guys and the bad guys are!

I am on the fence about buying the Storm solo comic considering I don't buy the New Avengers "King of The Dead" issues but with all that being said I still chose T'challa...

BANNED

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/6...ospective_pt_1

Has this been posted before. A retrospective on the Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGodKing View Post
    http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/6...ospective_pt_1

Has this been posted before. A retrospective on the Black Panther.
    Yeah, I think this was posted earlier in this thread. There's also a Part 2 to the retrospective:

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/6...ospective_pt_2

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    This is not a thread for X-Books-bashing, Wolverine-bashing, Storm-bashing or speculation related therein. You don't like how Black Panther is treated somewhere? Okay. Discuss something you actually appreciate. Thank you.
    Joe A, where's the "speculation" here?

http://i61.tinypic.com/107rtk6.jpg

Itt's pretty much obvious that some of these writers are obssessed with pushing the false meme of T'Challa as "bad husband" ad nauseum to shore up the increasingly weak position of some of their favoured characters and to be frank, it's gotten old really fast.

It's as if they seem to have forgotten that Ororo also has African-American family members who are still very much alive and kicking......

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ezibv4.jpg
    http://i48.tinypic.com/30b1yxv.jpg

This is a Black Panther Appreciation thread populated by Black Panther enthusiasts and as such, it's inevitable that tasteless depictions of T'Challa as a character or the BP mythos in general are highly unlikely to go down well in this thread especially as the writers churning out said tasteless depictions have zero legitimate reason to keep negatively namedropping T'Challa in their books.

It's not as if Jonathan Hickman has referenced the T'Challa/Ororo annulment post AvX, so what's up with the X-office continuously dredging up what's supposed to be a dead issue?

Are you saying that we're not allowed to discuss matters relating to T'Challa outside of the books Hickman is writing?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Yes.
    So I take it you're a fan of the Johnny Alpha character then?
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 06-05-2014 at 12:47 PM.

BANNED

Ah! My badd. I didn't mean for my comments to come off as basing.

i can see the powerful illuminati members huddles around a table in the necrolpolis... deciding how to best defend and preserve our reality.....

quitely t'challa asks beast what orroro is doing, does she miss him?

phaaallease... best part about being king of the dead is no female trouble

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    i can see the powerful illuminati members huddles around a table in the necrolpolis... deciding how to best defend and preserve our reality.....

quitely t'challa asks beast what orroro is doing, does she miss him?

phaaallease... best part about being king of the dead is no female trouble

Have you guys played the new Avengers Alliance tactics game on facebook?

BP is the first person you recruit and Klaw is in the game.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I was actually fine with that but a lot of Storm fans doesn't like it so I guess, retcon was the best thing to do.

Scans please.
    Speaking of Retcons BP's Origin story is one of those things that is in desperate need of retconning. I think matters got made worse with Hudlins first Arc on the Black Panther ( Even Though it's one of my favorite stories). In one instance Ramonda was pregnant with Shuri and the "Second in line to the throne" (and Unamed sun was killed) . In Maberry's Klaws of the Panther Shuri claims that she was there and saw Klaw kill T'chaka. Also it needs to be cleared up that T'chaka had four kids: T'challa , Jakara (Killed by T'challa) , Shuri, and Hunter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

This is a Black Panther Appreciation thread populated by Black Panther enthusiasts and as such, it's inevitable that tasteless depictions of T'Challa as a character or the BP mythos in general are highly unlikely to go down well in this thread especially as the writers churning out said tasteless depictions have zero legitimate reason to keep negatively namedropping T'Challa in their books.

It's not as if Jonathan Hickman has referenced the T'Challa/Ororo annulment post AvX, so what's up with the X-office continuously dredging up what's supposed to be a dead issue?

Are you saying that we're not allowed to discuss matters relating to T'Challa outside of the books Hickman is writing?
    I think the main issue is no one has flat out asked the X-Office nor Tom about this.

On the Black Panther side-there is no mention of this marriage.
    On the Storm side-it's mentioned nonstop and cheap shots are fired.

We have not heard anyone else Scarlet With/Vision or Scott/Janet or anyone else's marriages mentioned as much as those two. Why is that?

The issue at hand is this keeps happening in X-book and most likely the Storm series. More folks have access to the X-Men universe (trades, used book stores, libraries & comic cons) than the Avengers. I've YET to see Hickman's Avengers in trade.

And seeing how hard it is to find BP stuff period-you got one image of his being showcased -the bad husband image. So for those who have never read anything with BP and they see he's a black man that mistreated" a black woman.

You are making him unlikable and put him at the level of a character that no one wants to read about and will troll. We have seen that with Static, Eli Bradley and seeing it now with Blue Marvel.

All BP fans want is for the other side to move on because it's making HER look bad. The weak female who can't move on and the last thing we need is Storm acting like Robin Givens (who STILL harps on how bad Tyson treated her).

I don't want to stray off topic here (although it is Black Panther related). After the royal marriage ended, Tom Brevoort point blank stated that "We are not done with these two (Storm and Black Panther)..."

HOWEVER it is odd how only the X-Office keeps referencing the marriage and the rest of Marvel doesn't.

I remember that Mr MajestiK asked in the "Ask Alonso" Q&A thread why the X-office kept bringing up the marriage, but I don't remember what Alonso's response was (I do remember it was some sort of dodge).

So Marvel had always planned to "never let it go..." at least so far.

But um...yeah, it would be cool if in a Black Panther movie, we got to see him perform some high-level technological MacGyver-type feats.

And I also think Achebe needs to be brought back in a BIG way to cause trouble for T'Challa (and maybe also Shuri).