Page 902 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 402802852892898899900901902903904905906912952100214021902 ... LastLast
Results 13,516 to 13,530 of 77781

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I imagine both sides will end up getting wins. Starks side will probably win round one and capture a good portion of Steve's forces. Steve will probably free them and win round 2. Both sides can trade wins so that no one looks bad.
    I'm more interest to see who switches or are spies or whatever. T'challa I expect to switch or something, Widow I would guess is spying, and who knows what someoen like Vision will do
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'm more interest to see who switches or are spies or whatever. T'challa I expect to switch or something, Widow I would guess is spying, and who knows what someoen like Vision will do
    If Widow ends up being a spy, no one including Stark should be that surprised. Really, despite her ties to the government it's almost surprising that she would side against Cap in the first place since she was at Caps side last time the government was hunting him in Winter Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    When you think about it, T'Challa having a connection to a god should allow for him to have abilities that push him past just simply "peak human". Having a mystical connection in the comics world should at least net you super strength, durability, accelerated healing.etc.

Then again, if T'Challa had those abilities, what he does and how he does it wouldn't be nearly as impressive.
    That's actually what he does have...

People forget that T'Challa has to become peak human just to become Black Panther and eat the heart shaped herbs. The heart shaped herbs give him his connection to the Panther god and enhanced senses.

I think even Panther fans forget that T'Challa has enhanced senses. He's supposed to have senses on par with Daredevil only instead of a "radar" vision he has night vision. It's rarely touched upon because writers prefer to focus on his tech abilities.

Invincible Member

Really, even people that aren't super human will often do superhuman things in comic books and in action movies for that matter. Look at Daredevil for example, who is not supposed to be super human... there's absolutely no way a human being can do the things we've seen him do in real life. They're all super human by real world standards. So I'm certain we'll see plenty of cool stuff out of him regardless of what term they use to describe him. It's an action movie... you go big, realism and physics be damned.
    This is true Bruce Willis who's appeal in the first Die Hard was that he was a regular guy in an extraordinary situation, is basically superhuman in the last couple of Die Hard film

I suspect Black Panther will betray Stark in some manner once he feels Stark's Avengers have served their purpose to whatever he is planning.

There's clearly some deeper agenda since otherwise, I have no idea why he'd even want to join the Avengers in the first place. Regardless of whether it's Cap's or Tony's teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I suspect Black Panther will betray Stark in some manner once he feels Stark's Avengers have served their purpose to whatever he is planning.

There's clearly some deeper agenda since otherwise, I have no idea why he'd even want to join the Avengers in the first place. Regardless of whether it's Cap's or Tony's teams.
    I don't really think he's joining either team in Civil War. It's being framed as Black Panther being on "Tony's team" when in reality it's more likely they have similar goals for a brief period. T'Challa likely doesn't give a damn about Tony and Steve's issues.

Remember this is what Feige said about Black Panther in Civil War:

“The reason we introduced him in Civil War is because we needed a third party. We needed fresh eyes who wasn’t embedded with the Avengers and who has a very different point of view than either [Iron Man] or [Captain America]."

As we've seen with past rumors, people hear bits of info and then fill everything else in on their own. Things often get framed as being something it's not. Kinda like how people ran with the Hawkeye/Black Widow romance despite it never being a thing in the film.

BANNED

I dont think Cap is Peak Human in the MCU, he is much closer to Ultimate Cap outright Superhuman. Bucky is what I say is Peak Human in the MCU. U could see Cap utterly outclassed Bucky when he was really trying but Bucky can stomp Widow. Or like how Cap just straight up outclassed Batroc. So yeah I say Cap is above Peak Human.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    I dont think Cap is Peak Human in the MCU, he is much closer to Ultimate Cap outright Superhuman. Bucky is what I say is Peak Human in the MCU. U could see Cap utterly outclassed Bucky when he was really trying but Bucky can stomp Widow. Or like how Cap just straight up outclassed Batroc. So yeah I say Cap is above Peak Human.
    He also survived attacks from Thor, Iron Man, Loki, and Ultron. Shield or no shield, that's well out of peak human.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    He also survived attacks from Thor, Iron Man, Loki, and Ultron. Shield or no shield, that's well out of peak human.
    In general the power gap in the Cinematic universe is smaller. I think the more street level guys (like a Cap or a Bucky) seem more powerful and the higher end characters (like a Thor or a Hulk) seem less powerful.

In general the power gap in the Cinematic universe is smaller. I think the more street level guys (like a Cap or a Bucky) seem more powerful and the higher end characters (like a Thor or a Hulk) seem less powerful.
    In the cast of Thor is kind of weird since he seems to be getting weaker with every film. Thor seemed to be at his most powerful at the begin of the first Thor film.

Cap has been getting more powerful with each film.

BANNED

eh Thor is getting his standard Avengers Nerf. Cap is definetly beefing up, I believe peak Human in The First Avenger but Winter Soldier yeah no

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    IMHO, none of those guys are as powerful as their 616 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    eh Thor is getting his standard Avengers Nerf. Cap is definetly beefing up, I believe peak Human in The First Avenger but Winter Soldier yeah no
    It's not just in the Avengers films though. I think Thor appeared to be at his weakest during Thor: The Dark World. I don't remember anything in that movie that made him look all that formidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    It's not just in the Avengers films though. I think Thor appeared to be at his weakest during Thor: The Dark World. I don't remember anything in that movie that made him look all that formidable.
    I could agree one of his best showings was at the beginning of Thor, but I always thought that was seeing Thor 100% unleashed on a people and planet that he grew up hating. Add his hate for the Jotuns + his anger from having his ceremony interrupted + the anger of being called a princess + being on a planet he gave 2 shits about = Thor Unleashed.

I mean, he didin't just smash everythign in his path, but he also smashed the planet to bits. He can't exactly go to London and strike the ground so hard it destroys 5 city blocks lol. He also can't do that in Asgard.

So... it was kind of a perfect storm and also kind of mirrors the comics a bit. Take Thor off Earth and his feats increase 10 fold. Put him on Earth and he is just your standard brick.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I could agree one of his best showings was at the beginning of Thor, but I always thought that was seeing Thor 100% unleashed on a people and planet that he grew up hating. Add his hate for the Jotuns + his anger from having his ceremony interrupted + the anger of being called a princess + being on a planet he gave 2 shits about = Thor Unleashed.

I mean, he didin't just smash everythign in his path, but he also smashed the planet to bits. He can't exactly go to London and strike the ground so hard it destroys 5 city blocks lol. He also can't do that in Asgard.

So... it was kind of a perfect storm and also kind of mirrors the comics a bit. Take Thor off Earth and his feats increase 10 fold. Put him on Earth and he is just your standard brick.
    Yeah, even in the comics Thor typically holds back. It's rare to see Thor dial it up all the way to 11. Certainly not on earth surrounded by his buddies. I think we'll potentially be able to really see what Thor can do in the Infinity War movies against Thanos.