Page 994 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 49489494498499099199299399499599699799810041044109414941994 ... LastLast
Results 14,896 to 14,910 of 77781
    Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I kinda Agree with him to a certain extent, and reason for that is because they were trying to hard to find someone that it seemed like they would grab anyone (no matter if they had any previous experience or the work they had was terrible) to do it so long as they were black. Thats a good way to make a movie as important as Black Panther, to be utter crap. I dont care if the directot is white black, green, man, or woman, as long as they write a good story and portray BP how he should be is what matters. That being said, i truly hope they get Ryan Coogler to direct BP as he is an up and coming direct and his films look fantastic and i think he can pull it off, and BP will take him to the next level.
    But you see why the whole angle of this thing is off right?
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I agree. I just find it convenient that now, of all times, non-BP fans are questioning Marvel's vetting process for directors.
    I'm personally not worried about in the slightest though. Marvel has thus far done a great job as far as choosing directors who are able to get it done. Many don't necessarily sound like happy campers when they're done... but at least they get it done.

They probably are looking for a black director, and I'm sure that person will do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm personally not worried about in the slightest though. Marvel has thus far done a great job as far as choosing directors who are able to get it done. Many don't necessarily sound like happy campers when they're done... but at least they get it done.

They probably are looking for a black director, and I'm sure that person will do a great job.
    I'm not too worried about Marvel, they've earned the benefit of the doubt. It's the fans inconsistent actions that are the issue at hand to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I'm not too worried about Marvel, they've earned the benefit of the doubt. It's the fans inconsistent actions that are the issue at hand to me.
    Eh... for this particular character, you're going to get complaints no matter what. If they got a white director there's probably be a few complaints because he's not black. And if they pick a black director (which I assume they will) there will be complaints because the person is black. But really the BULK of the movie goes aren't paying attention to all of this and won't care... as long as the movie is good (and I'm sure it will be) people complaining either way will shut up and move on.

To me it's not a real issue... it's just the internet being the internet.

meh

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    But you see why the whole angle of this thing is off right?
    Of course, being African American myself i have experienced such stupidity before of people jumping on what i have said and saying "He's saying it and hes black!!!" its really dumb and its a shame that what he said is gonna be taking into that light. Like don't lose out on a good director because they aren't black in favor of someone that will do a subpar job because they are black.

Eh... for this particular character, you're going to get complaints no matter what. If they got a white director there's probably be a few complaints because he's not black. And if they pick a black director (which I assume they will) there will be complaints because the person is black. But really the BULK of the movie goes aren't paying attention to all of this and won't care... as long as the movie is good (and I'm sure it will be) people complaining either way will shut up and move on.

To me it's not a real issue... it's just the internet being the internet.
    solution... hire a biracial person!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Maybe hiring someone from South Africa will make for an ideal compromise.

T'challa should be shown to be a ruthless master strategist that we saw during Priest run... swiftly eliminating anybody who dares to get in the way of his plans build into plans, built into plans.

But he should also be like The Gorgon and Ozymandias. He is a superb fighter and martial artist, almost a superhuman unarmed combatant, which when combined with his tech and his super genius mind..it would put him on par with anyone. For me its enough of the lost common denominator and moving backward and dumbing down or removing things. How about moving him forward like Peter Parker always is?Ozymandias is the perfect model of what T'challa could be if writers would write him consistently and treat him like they do with the heroes they grew up loving.

T'challa should be able take on a Black Dwarf, fight Doom or Namor. There is nothing wrong with his suit in my opinion. I would like to see clear distance from Batman and not via dumbing him down or de-powering him.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

I personally think that the Mystical and Technical should be one in the same. Look at Asgard. Their tech is so up and out there that it looks like magic.
    -Mjölnir =magic or MCU Science?
    Look at Quantum mechanic and string Theorums.

As far as his Habit it should be a Vibranium weave...ALWAYS
    -He is one man a King of Wakanda with at best the Dora
    -Or Bast's Champion.
    So he is going to need some kind of protection. Ask any Head of State. (T'Chaka anyone)

He should be at least a ten tonner look at Spiderman he has been over 25 tons forever.

His Gear should be Priest standard equipment, with enhancements, cloaking and teleportation.
    -He does not need a European suit of armour.

And Screw the Bat I like Nightwing better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    T'challa should be shown to be a ruthless master strategist that we saw during Priest run... swiftly eliminating anybody who dares to get in the way of his plans build into plans, built into plans.

But he should also be like The Gorgon and Ozymandias. He is a superb fighter and martial artist, almost a superhuman unarmed combatant, which when combined with his tech and his super genius mind..it would put him on par with anyone. For me its enough of the lost common denominator and moving backward and dumbing down or removing things. How about moving him forward like Peter Parker always is?Ozymandias is the perfect model of what T'challa could be if writers would write him consistently and treat him like they do with the heroes they grew up loving.

T'challa should be able take on a Black Dwarf, fight Doom or Namor. There is nothing wrong with his suit in my opinion. I would like to see clear distance from Batman and not via dumbing him down or de-powering him.

Agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by The_Panther View Post
    I personally think that the Mystical and Technical should be one in the same. Look at Asgard. Their tech is so up and out there that it looks like magic.
    -Mjölnir =magic or MCU Science?
    Look at Quantum mechanic and string Theorums.

As far as his Habit it should be a Vibranium weave...ALWAYS
    -He is one man a King of Wakanda with at best the Dora
    -Or Bast's Champion.
    So he is going to need some kind of protection. Ask any Head of State. (T'Chaka anyone)

He should be at least a ten tonner look at Spiderman he has been over 25 tons forever.

His Gear should be Priest standard equipment, with enhancements, cloaking and teleportation.
    -He does not need a European suit of armour.

And Screw the Bat I like Nightwing better.
    Right. Nothing Stops Spider man from doing all the other things, "he really doesn't need". Let's apply the same exact logic to Black Panther. So if Peter can evolve into what he is doing right now...T'challa should never be limited to the lowest common denominator or placed in a box, with a fictional glass ceiling with power creep.

I'm not buying the being blatantly super human make his skill not matter. Everything T'challa does is challenged as PIS. Even writers find ways to underwrite him. " Fans" cry PIS anytime be doesn't anything remotely spectacular. He should function like midnight on Ellis Authority. Not the Oracal on watchtower duty.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Worked perfectly with our president, didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    Right. Nothing Stops Spider man from doing all the other things, "he really doesn't need". Let's apply the same exact logic to Black Panther. So if Peter can evolve into what he is doing right now...T'challa should never be limited to the lowest common denominator or placed in a box, with a fictional glass ceiling with power creep.

I'm not buying the being blatantly super human make his skill not matter. Everything T'challa does is challenged as PIS. Even writers find ways to underwrite him. " Fans" cry PIS anytime be doesn't anything remotely spectacular. He should function like midnight on Ellis Authority. Not the Oracal on watchtower duty.
    Course Peter did lose all his power ungrades, his wife, and did spend a year or so dead while Doc Oc ran around on his body. Pete had his share of bad days too.

Course Peter did lose all his power ungrades, his wife, and did spend a year or so dead while Doc Oc ran around on his body. Pete had his share of bad days too.
    And so has T'challa. His Father, wife, Mother(MIA), Uncle, best comrades, his powers, his title, his country. I'm not counting in bad days, but good days. I'm counting in how there are no obstructions to Peter evolving. He's a bonafied globe troting hero, with the top company in MU. On top of all he had going for him. And thing that he bad during that arc is not being used to grow and evolve him.

Should be the same for Panther.