Page 998 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 49889894898899499599699799899910001001100210081048109814981998 ... LastLast
Results 14,956 to 14,970 of 77781

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I prefer T'Challa's signature weapons to be his mind, body, and soul. Old school, and not really marketable for toys, but there you go. But there you go. I like the vibranium weave suit. It's unique. The rest of his tech or magic should come and go kinda like Reed. Richards has stuff he uses once in a while, but doesn't carry around in some techy bag of holding.
    And also to be honest, its kind of boring. Most of the characters in the marvel universe have signature weapons that make them identifiable and differentiates them from other characters

BANNED

Whoa! You guys have outposted the Cyclops Appreciation Thread. Congratz!

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Whoa! You guys have outposted the Cyclops Appreciation Thread. Congratz!

this is and has been for years the most active single character thread.

And that's without a Movie appearance

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    this is and has been for years the most active single character thread.

And that's without a Movie appearance
    Or 5+ animated series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    And also to be honest, its kind of boring. Most of the characters in the marvel universe have signature weapons that make them identifiable and differentiates them from other characters
    Signature weapons to me are kinda boring. When T'Challa's can pull something surprising on his adversaries, the others pull out the same old hammer, or shield, or whatever. One of the reasons Batz is do fun for writers is not the boring old batarang, but the inventive ways he sometimes defeats his foes. Yea, I'm an old school Panther fan, but that was, and is, something that appeals to me about the character. People are still talking about his defeat of Stark with windex. Course, you can't market windex as a toy.. But, seriously, I'd rather have T'Challa succeed on the quality of the story written than because of the toys that could be sold.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Signature weapons to me are kinda boring. When T'Challa's can pull something surprising on his adversaries, the others pull out the same old hammer, or shield, or whatever. One of the reasons Batz is do fun for writers is not the boring old batarang, but the inventive ways he sometimes defeats his foes. Yea, I'm an old school Panther fan, but that was, and is, something that appeals to me about the character. People are still talking about his defeat of Stark with windex. Course, you can't market windex as a toy.. But, seriously, I'd rather have T'Challa succeed on the quality of the story written than because of the toys that could be sold.
    You need a mixture of Brains, brawn and gadgets for. Having him use is intellect all the time just won't cut it for me at least. I like the old panther but it got to a point where I was like this guy is basically an intellectual Tarzan which I wasn't head over heels for. You ca have him use his toys here and there and then once you strip him off all those things, then you can show people how strong he is with his mind and body just like this panel but I do get where you are coming from

and Marvel, where the hell is the Civil War trailer? I want to see T'Challa but I'm sure they will only show a 2 second clip of him

Incredible Member

The hype for Star Wars has overshadowed any for Civil War. I'm sure once the hoopla dies down a bit they will release the trailer. Hopefully it's soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    The hype for Star Wars has overshadowed any for Civil War. I'm sure once the hoopla dies down a bit they will release the trailer. Hopefully it's soon.
    Given that Civil War doesn't come out till May, I think there's still plenty of time to built up to it.

Much agreed. If T'Challa is to have a weapon then I'd prefer something that fits his hand to hand style. This would be the gauntlets or knives.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

They might show the Civil War trailer with Star Wars to capitalize on maximum exposure.

Priest did an excellent job of showcasing T'Challa winning battles with his mind body or soul while showing us his tech without making it seem boring at all. He used the same 5 gadgets to spectacular effects. He used his daggers to shut down a helicopters electrical functions. He used his boots to stop a car flung at him and in a different case used then to scale a wall.

He doesn't have to solve all his issues with his tech and that's not even how he was created by Stan Lee. When he fought the FF used tech to defeat them as well as his mind and fighting prowess.

He should have his 5 standard gear. The microweave, the daggers, the claws, the kimoyo card, and the vibranium sole boots. KotD will also be there since they announced it on the ANAD lineup.

What makes T'Challa unique is that he isn't like the or Cap and having a signature weapon. Or Reed where he pulls out some plot device when convenient. He mixes his tech and his mindbody and spirit into an effective force you don't want to mess with.

As for a weapon to market. That scythe picture could be formed by him pulling out energy daggers and attaching the bases to form the scythe. That way it keeps the awesome properties of the daggers (being able to shoot them like darts) and gives a toy for kids to get from the store

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They might show the Civil War trailer with Star Wars to capitalize on maximum exposure.
    This would be the smartest thing they could do as the star wars movie is gonna be huge and to not put the trailer with it is a huge missed opportunity.

Mighty Member

To be clear, when I say brains it covers the technology. But it also covers when and where to use it. And brains is no more a plot device than signature weapons. I just don't think he needs all that. Like someone wrote earlier referring to wearing an iron man suit of armor, Hunter replied T'Challa is not that kind of man. His adversaries for our trip know if he is bringing the knives, or gloves, or cosmic energy absorbing tech he copied from Doom, or the cloaking or shield or gas gloves or telwporting or whatever.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Priest did an excellent job of showcasing T'Challa winning battles with his mind body or soul while showing us his tech without making it seem boring at all. He used the same 5 gadgets to spectacular effects. He used his daggers to shut down a helicopters electrical functions. He used his boots to stop a car flung at him and in a different case used then to scale a wall.

He doesn't have to solve all his issues with his tech and that's not even how he was created by Stan Lee. When he fought the FF used tech to defeat them as well as his mind and fighting prowess.

He should have his 5 standard gear. The microweave, the daggers, the claws, the kimoyo card, and the vibranium sole boots. KotD will also be there since they announced it on the ANAD lineup.

What makes T'Challa unique is that he isn't like the or Cap and having a signature weapon. Or Reed where he pulls out some plot device when convenient. He mixes his tech and his mindbody and spirit into an effective force you don't want to mess with.

As for a weapon to market. That scythe picture could be formed by him pulling out energy daggers and attaching the bases to form the scythe. That way it keeps the awesome properties of the daggers (being able to shoot them like darts) and gives a toy for kids to get from the store
    As far as weapons go, they can give T'Challa a spray bottle of Windex. As Priest demonstrated against Stark, it can be a very effective weapon in his hands.

To be clear, when I say brains it covers the technology. But it also covers when and where to use it. And brains is no more a plot device than signature weapons. I just don't think he needs all that. Like someone wrote earlier referring to wearing an iron man suit of armor, Hunter replied T'Challa is not that kind of man. His adversaries for our trip know if he is bringing the knives, or gloves, or cosmic energy absorbing tech he copied from Doom, or the cloaking or shield or gas gloves or telwporting or whatever.
    I was the one who referred to Starks convo with Hunter. The point is while yes he doesn't need any of his tech to take enemies done (Hudlin's run showcased him going tow to toe with enemies without using his tech) its apart of T'Challa and what makes him such a great character. He doesn't solely rely on one specific aspect he excels at, but every thing at his disposal is a weapon. It adds to the flavor T'Challa brings, and having him use his tech like the daggers or claws in a run doesn't take away from the character because he isn't relying solely on it to get the job done.

Remember BP taking on IF when he was enraged? He used his daggers yes but that was to set up the win by taking his ear piece and overloading it into IF to incapacitate him. That there is the kind of stuff people like to see, he didn't rely on his daggers.