Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Most powerful being in the MCU?

I thought about a poll, but I'm sure I couldn't cover everyone that people would vote for, so just say your opinion.

Right now I'd have to say Franklin Richards, although Scarlet Witch seems to be pretty close. They almost have a similar power set.

There was a point in time when the obvious answer was The Phoenix Jean Gray.

I think there was a point when Nick Fury would have been an acceptable answer too. In a different way though, his power came through information. He's the only guy that we would have accepted as being able to blackmail Thanos to leave Earth alone.

Oh, and Bendis or Quesada is a cop out.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

BANNED

I remember hearing from the man Stan Lee himself that Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) is the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe. Ghost Rider has the power of the demon Zarathros, who is literally the spirit of vengeance. The true rider. Zarathos's power is described as boundless, so when the rider takes over everyone is toast.

In my personal opinion Doctor Strange is the most powerful being in the MU. When he is using his true power he is unbeatable. For instance he can literally freeze universes and destroy them without even breaking a sweat. This guy is able to merge with eternity and change reality.

Valeria or Squirrel Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    I remember hearing from the man Stan Lee himself that Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) is the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe. Ghost Rider has the power of the demon Zarathros, who is literally the spirit of vengeance. The true rider. Zarathos's power is described as boundless, so when the rider takes over everyone is toast.

In my personal opinion Doctor Strange is the most powerful being in the MU. When he is using his true power he is unbeatable. For instance he can literally freeze universes and destroy them without even breaking a sweat. This guy is able to merge with eternity and change reality.
    I remember Stan Lee saying that. Johnny's the failsafe so it keeps the Rider under control, lucky for everyone. I think when you're described as "the vengeful fist of God", it definitely puts you up there.

Franklin Richards
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

BANNED

Hasn't it been established that MCU stands for " Marvel Cenimatic Universe" and the comic verse is simply what it always been the MU? I'm pretty sure that is the case....

Anyway, most powerful character in the MU is probably Captain Universe or Eternity. After that I would say any character that can manipulate reality or the molecular integrity of mater.

Considering that "cenimatic" isn't a word. I'm not sure if that's what it stands for or not.

I made a mistake assuming we were talking mortals. I guess Living Tribunal then

Living Tribulal's boss (One Above All or whatever it's called) would be the top guy.

Then we'd have to go with the Living Tribunal, unless someone happens to be holding the Heart of the Universe.

Course, something off panel took down LT... so it's possible that the Great Destroyer or something else out there has taken his number 2 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Living Tribulal's boss (One Above All or whatever it's called) would be the top guy.

Then we'd have to go with the Living Tribunal, unless someone happens to be holding the Heart of the Universe.

Course, something off panel took down LT... so it's possible that the Great Destroyer or something else out there has taken his number 2 spot.

Good Point. Let me change my vote to: I have no idea

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    Considering that "cenimatic" isn't a word. I'm not sure if that's what it stands for or not.

I made a mistake assuming we were talking mortals. I guess Living Tribunal then
    Whoops... Typing on a cell phone so it happens. Cinematic is what I was referring to .

I seen MCU used as the abbreviation for Marvels Cinematic Universe a few times now . I thought that was the general consensus for the terminology.
    Last edited by Trident; 10-07-2014 at 06:53 AM.

Living Tribunal (or his boss, The One Above All).

Peace

Extraordinary Member

It's not Scarlet Witch because she only had that kind of power for one story. Doctor Doom has had omnipotent power in many stories (including the same omnipotent power Scarlet Witch was using in House of M) and he's not the most powerful being in the MU.

BANNED

Yeah, uh, MCU refers to the Marvel franchises of movies, so...

Thor?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post

Thor?
    Yeah if we are talking about movies it probably between.....

Thor
    Heimdall
    Odin
    Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post

Thor?
    If we're talking movies, I believe they mentioned in Guardians of the Galaxy that Thanos was considered the most powerful being in the Universe, though Ronan at least believed he took the top spot once getting one of the stones.