Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What if Batman's world was no more..

I had this idea in my head for the past couple of weeks on what if story about everything tied to Bruce/Batman's world simply get wiped from existence or blown to pieces if you will. What I am talking about is all his Bat Allies, Rogue's Gallery, Batcave/Hideouts, Wayne Manor & all of Gotham itself getting completely destroyed, it's all in rubble, only Bruce/Batman survived the fallout and the main story is about how he deals with it all afterwards.

What do you think of this idea for Batman? Could a story like this ever be told of a Batman who lost it all? And how exactly do you think the story should go?

Incredible Member

Batman Beyond?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raichi View Post
    I had this idea in my head for the past couple of weeks on what if story about everything tied to Bruce/Batman's world simply get wiped from existence or blown to pieces if you will. What I am talking about is all his Bat Allies, Rogue's Gallery, Batcave/Hideouts, Wayne Manor & all of Gotham itself getting completely destroyed, it's all in rubble, only Bruce/Batman survived the fallout and the main story is about how he deals with it all afterwards.

What do you think of this idea for Batman? Could a story like this ever be told of a Batman who lost it all? And how exactly do you think the story should go?
    I'd like to see Gotham City utterly wiped out, every building leveled, every inhabitant dead or moved on. Would he know what to do with himself without a Gotham?
    Last edited by oasis1313; 05-07-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Much more interesting to imagine what he would do with no money.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Much more interesting to imagine what he would do with no money.
    I like that, too--very much. Could he hack it without all the toys? It'd be a great idea, though I doubt DC would have the cajones to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I like that, too--very much. Could he hack it without all the toys? It'd be a great idea, though I doubt DC would have the cajones to do it.
    Oh, he could definitely hack it. But his tactics would have to change drastically as his resources dry up...

Incredible Member

I'd like to see Gotham City utterly wiped out, every building leveled, every inhabitant dead or moved on. Would he know what to do with himself without a Gotham?
    Sort of like No Man's Land. Sort of.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

He'd probably just go full-time Justice League. Or move to Metropolis just to PO Supeman.

He'd no doubt try to save the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    He'd no doubt try to save the rest of the world.
    Idea: Turns out the rest of the world doesn't exist. Everything outside of Gotham is just some grand delusion sustained by the fevered mind of an Arkham patient. Gotham has existed in some dark nether dimension all along.
    Have Swamp Thing co-star, art by Mike Mignolia. Call it Batman: Aaaaaah!

Would he know what to do with himself without a Gotham?
    That's kinda where I am getting at except add in the idea that he is also without a Home, Batcave, Alfred, Dick, Jason, Tim, Barbara, other BatFamily members and his rogue's gallery... Would he really know what to do with himself? Would he become twisted like Superman is in Injustice? Or fall to a deep depression and cause himself self hurt? I like to see his journey through this and maybe take batman into a whole new direction.

BANNED

If Gotham was well and truly OBLITERATED--no population left, no two bricks standing on each other. No nothing. I'd that Bruce's primary concern would be to clone Tim Dreck--after all, as Bruce said in "Hush"--Tim's moves are just . . . . so . . . . . (gasp) . . . . vibrant..But othersid if i's absolutelu usalvageable, na=maybe he sould moove to Boston--dojrehrtr uht foren yhr oaf,,,,,

BANNED

If Gotham was well and truly OBLITERATED--no population left, no two bricks standing on each other. No nothing. I'd that Bruce's primary concern would be to clone Tim Dreck--after all, as Bruce said in "Hush"--Tim's moves are just . . . . so . . . . . (gasp) . . . . vibrant..But othersid if i's absolutelu usalvageable, na=maybe he sould moove to Boston--dojrehrtr uht foren yhr oaf,,,,,
    Wow.

To address the OP, idk how a writer would explain that happening. Maybe if Bruce went on vacation and Gotham got nuked or something, but in any case I think maybe Bruce would kill himself. The job he'd been doing forever is over, what's there to live for?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    The job he'd been doing forever is over, what's there to live for?
    There'd still be lives to save. Assaults to stop.

Mad Bat: Beyond Arkham... Dome.

"Two men enter! Two-Face leaves!"

Incredible Member

Bruce has been so connected to Gotham City that it would just depend on what his mentality would be like afterwards.
    The logical answer is to say go to Metropolis. It is supposedly right next door. But Bruce could just
    decide that he needs a break, heads out to Paris for a little bit. But something would draw Bruce back to a new locale.
    Some supervillain in Wichita or Dallas is holding people hostage or something, then Bruce would feel it is time to be
    Batman again. The original Earth-2 fan in me would point out that a hero never retires. They may think they have
    retired, but that is a separate issue.

We have seen that after all with the old heroes in the JSA who insist on being active when their careers stretch back to before World War II. If that
    were true for them, hard to believe that Bruce Wayne could live with himself while some problem was out there to be
    solved. I am looking forward to Kansas City Central or Batman: Beyond where he is fighting crime in Duluth.