Page 70 of 81 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1201

Marvel Two-In-One Annual 2 (1977)

Jim Starlin has a very well balanced handle on the powers and abilities of Spider-Man, his handling of the character against Thanos and his army landed him as the acrobatic and agile strategist with strength to handle his minions, not rush into situations, and opt to cleverly release the Avengers (most importantly Thor) to stand a good chance in saving the universe from annihilation.

Pit this issue against...

Fantastic Four 250:

a Skrull pretending to be Nightcrawler took down Spider-Man in a battle that Spider-Man had the time and chance to release himself from captivity and turn the tide of battle in his favor. But I guess John Byrne was too used to drawing Spider-Man for Chris Claremont in Marvel Team-Up, who made sure that Spider-Man turns unconscious every so often.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I have just started the John Romita Sr era of Spider-Man. I am very happy about that as I always liked him more then Ditko.
    I agree. 70s and 80s Spider-Man aren't too on the dark side of things though, Len Wein, Roger Stern, and Bill Mantlo had a good handle on the tone most fitting for the character.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I read the last 3 volumes of the Ben Reilly epic, they were prettt good for the most part, except most of the Spider-Man Unlimited issues (really most of Spider-Man Unlimited suck) and the ending of the saga was awesome.

Well, that's a whole era of Spider-Man finished and that lasted 3 years, 94 was mixed with some good and really well done stories, like Web of Death, Lost Years and The Gift, but it also has a lot of meh/okish issues here and there. 95 mostly sucks, Maximum Clonage would probably be the worst Spider-Man story ever made if it wasn't for OMD and most of the New Warriors stuff feels unecessary, there are some nice moments here and there though, like when MJ feels the baby kicking for the first time. 96 is mostly good with some dark spots, like most of the team up issues (really just read the Gambit story is the only one worth remembering) and ignore the Punisher and Venom stories, but Web of Carnage and Blood Brothers are pretty great and so is Spider-Man Redemption.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man: Blue. Such a great and moving story this is. It's one of the best Spider-Man stories ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Spider-Man: Blue. Such a great and moving story this is. It's one of the best Spider-Man stories ever.
    Probably in the top 100, IMO. Bought it along the rest with the "Marvel Knights: Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale: Yellow, Blue, Gray & White Omnibus", granted, not all of them are as cherishable, but I found a good offer on eBay for it.

BANNED

double post

I'm reading my newspaper strips collection.

GUIA DE CORES SPIDER MAN.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Which Spider-Man comic do you own that's the most valuable? Mine would probably be the first printing of Edge of Spider-Verse #2, Spider-Gwen's debut. Issue went to four printings.

Which Spider-Man comic do you own that's the most valuable? Mine would probably be the first printing of Edge of Spider-Verse #2, Spider-Gwen's debut. Issue went to four printings.
    Hmmm

I have the first appearance of the black suit in ASM and I also have the first iron spider appearance. Those are probably the most valuable in my collection though I do have ASM 48 as the oldest in my collection.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

i read sins past
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i read sins past
    My condolences.

Astonishing Member

I re-read Amazing Spider-Man#275 and 276.
    By Tom De Falco and Ron Frenz.
    One of the best Hobgoblin stories and ASM#275 have one of the best Spider-Man covers as well.
    The art by Ron Frenz in these stories are way cool.

Mighty Member

Probably my copy of AMS #365, I got it signed by Stan Lee a few years back.
    Outside of that, maybe Venom #3, the first appearance of Knull.

I do own a copy of the first Iron-Spidey appearance as well through.

In terms of what I've been reading, honestly, outside of the current ASM and Venom stuff, I haven't been reading a lot of Spider-Man, but that's because most of my Spider-Man stuff are in storage right now.
    I did however try and go through Stan's run in the epic collections, got to about issue 80 so I will continue that again sometime soon. May start that read again when volumes 6 & 7 come out.

I loved Superior Spiderman. The first one any way. And now I have started Slott's Run on Amazing Spiderman from 2014. I am going to do a mix of that and the old stuff from the 60s and 70d. I am still reading my Marvel comics month to month and year by year but along with the older stuff I am doing some New stuff as well.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I just read Avenging Spiderman 21. When did 161 Nick Fury become the Sam L jackson Nick Fury?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

That's Nicholas Fury, Jr., first appearance: Battle Scars #1 (January, 2012)