Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1207
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    As you say in the comic he flies past Gwen and apparently the wind of his passing knocks her off the bridge: there is indeed nothing to indicate that he does it on purpose.
    I definitely think he knocks her over the edge, but Spidey is right there so he could be telling the truth. The fun is that he could be.

SMGG1.jpg
    Last edited by exile001; 01-04-2024 at 07:11 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Before I read ASM 121 I always supposed Osborn was holding Gwen above the drop and then let go as in the first Raimi film. As you say in the comic he flies past Gwen and apparently the wind of his passing knocks her off the bridge: there is indeed nothing to indicate that he does it on purpose.

There's a "whack" and some kind of collision when Gwen is thrown so I always interpreted that as the Goblin swooping in and shoving her off or colliding into Spidey and Gwen which caused her fall.

god Mattie Franklin is annoying also whats up with her constant costumes changes? Well finally reached the part of the story where MJ written off and Peter is sexually abused
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    god Mattie Franklin is annoying also whats up with her constant costumes changes? Well finally reached the part of the story where MJ written off and Peter is sexually abused
    The era is not good. At all. This is peak "Loser Peter", which I find unreadable.

PS, in her spin-off book she changes the costume a bunch more times!
    Last edited by exile001; 01-05-2024 at 08:50 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I'm going to re-read the Len Wein run of Amazing.
    Some of my favorite stories.
    Also Len was the writer of Amazing when I discovered comic books all those years ago.
    151.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm going to re-read the Len Wein run of Amazing.
    Some of my favorite stories.
    Also Len was the writer of Amazing when I discovered comic books all those years ago.
    151.jpg
    I'm waiting for these to be collected in the Epic Collections before re-reading, and I think he's up next (or the start, anyway). I don't really remember his run, but it's got to have been 10 years or so since I read it so it'll be pretty fresh.

What are you highlights from it?

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Been reading Todd McFarlane's Spider-Man run lately after I got the collection as a Christmas present during the holidays. Obviously the writing isn't the best, but man, McFarlane's art in this run is fantastic. Not even remotely realistic looking, but it just oozes personality. Plus, as a long time Batman fan, I really love the added gothic horror vibes that are present here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    Been reading Todd McFarlane's Spider-Man run lately after I got the collection as a Christmas present during the holidays. Obviously the writing isn't the best, but man, McFarlane's art in this run is fantastic. Not even remotely realistic looking, but it just oozes personality. Plus, as a long time Batman fan, I really love the added gothic horror vibes that are present here.
    I have that book, and the Hobgoblin story is still a favourite (one of the earliest Spidey stories I read).

Dude drew a phenomenal Ghost Rider (a character I'm otherwise pretty indifferent to). Heck, the guy drew a lot of phenomenal things.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    What are you highlights from it?
    Some of my Favorite issues:
    amazingspiderman160.jpg
    amazingspiderman166.jpg
    amazingspiderman180.jpg

Yeah, not gonna lie those look hella fun.

Spidey vs the Spider-Buggy. Is that Tinkerer? Lizard vs Stegron (presumably over curing cancer)! Sign me up!!!

I remember the Bart Hamilton Goblin story being fun.

The Spider-Buggy issue will be in the next Epic Collection (Big Apple Battleground), but it looks like I'll be waiting a while longer for the other stories.

Astonishing Member

Everyone rags on 70s Spidey, but there were some fun issues. While I don’t think the decade had many iconic arcs outside the death of Gwen Stacy and the original Clone Saga, it made up for that in sheer goofy fun.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

I just read Spider-man/Punisher: Family Plot. It's such an oddity. First off, it's a TWO issue limited series. Second, it feature Spider-man during the time when he was replaced by Ben and Punisher during the time he had a ponytail and was running a mob family, making it a very specific time capsule for odd points in both characters histories.

As stories go it wasn't anything special and wasn't anything that couldn't have easily fit into either characters regualr series at the time, making me wonder why it even existed.

Wow, issue #1 had 4 pencillers and 6 inkers. A definite sign of quality!

Issue #2 had 1 penciller and 2 inkers so looks like a cohesive art team*, but it's 90's as heck**. I hate it. Your mileage may vary.

Is it bad that I kinda liked the Punisher design? They're still struggling with the onesie rather than just giving the guy trousers, though.

*None returning from the last issue. Lol.

**apparently, we auto sensor swearing now. Changed to heck as it's the most childish non-swear if we're not allowed to talk like adults. Sigh.
    Last edited by exile001; 01-15-2024 at 06:16 AM.

I just finished the Red Goblin story. Thought it was a little flat. Nothing new really happened. No real consequences. So what if Norman thought he was someone else. I don't know. It was ok. Not a favorite.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I just finished reading all spider-man books up to 1998. So vol 1 of all books. I wanted to say I e read all. Classic tales before I die lol.

Big debate on reading all ongoing to current day. I've we done some not all.
    X-Men Forever