Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man Appreciation 2024

Miles is going to have a great year
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Indeed he is!

Should be another big year for the wall crawler. His ongoing is hitting Legacy 300 this year, and he's co-starring in a secondary title Spider-men. Ziglar seems to have some big plans for our hero, It'll be fun to see what happens. There's of course the DLC for Spider-man 2 to look out for game-wise and while Beyond the Spiderverse was removed from 2024's release calendar, it's still likely well get some information this year about where it's at. Not sure if Miles will make an appearance in the 6160 Ultimate universe in any sort of 'permanent' capacity but odds are fairly high the 1610 native will at least get some sort of crossover. Doubtful he'll appear in the MCU animated Spider-man show, but you never know. There's quite a bit to look forward too.

Astonishing Member

His regular title has been on a roll since Ziglar took over, and he just starting.

Also Greg Weisman will write him too. Good things ahead for Miles.

Happy New Year for Miles and his fans .

Niffleheim

Happy New Year Everyone and 2024 needs more
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Happy new year!

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone, here's to a strong year for Miles. Here's the insignia variant for issue 300, it looks good in white.

Fantastic Member

Hopefully Miles and Peter reconcile soon... that whole tension thing is off-putting.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Hopefully Miles and Peter reconcile soon... that whole tension thing is off-putting.
    i think its good for their relationship in the long run
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It is annoying, but somewhat understandable in context. While we could argue that Miles should be more understanding of where Peter's coming from and what he's gone through, it's also fair to expect that Peter can do a somewhat better job of being there for his friends and family and other loved ones, given his own series has been hammering him about neglecting those social responsibilities to focus almost exclusively on crimefighting as Spider-Man. Hell, Nick Spencer's run emphasized that Peter's loner act hurt him with his fellow superheroes that didn't necessarily also bear spider symbols and have spider-related names, as they didn't know whether or not they could still trust him, so there is some precedent for this, unfortunately. If we get lucky at all, I expect Greg Weisman's Spectacular Spider-Men to help bring them back together, especially since Peter and Miles will be hanging out a lot more often outside of "fighting crime, spinning webs," to quote the Spectacular Spider-Man theme song.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

You know Spectacular Spider-Men was announced recently, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that's probably the real reason this conflict exists, so they can set up them hanging out more in the Spider-Men book.

Which is still stupid, in my opinion, but that's not new for this era.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I know... but this is Wells, I want to see it in ASM, too. In other words, I don't want to see only Weisman writing them friendly.