Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1207

What the hell is the purpose of Judas Traveller? I feel like he doesn’t fit in this whole clone saga situation. Everytime he shows up he is doing something random and his power set is changing every appearance. He can do illusions, teleport, manipulate memories, control time he’s pretty annoying. Did he had any fans during that time?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm reading the 2nd half of Nick Spencer's run. I left the title once I lost interest with Last Remains. I decided to finish the run now. I like the first half of the run, but this latter part leaves a lot to be desired. I'm in the Sinister War book now and I think the writing is lazy and the art changes kills the book visually
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    What the hell is the purpose of Judas Traveller? I feel like he doesn’t fit in this whole clone saga situation. Everytime he shows up he is doing something random and his power set is changing every appearance. He can do illusions, teleport, manipulate memories, control time he’s pretty annoying. Did he had any fans during that time?
    The best I can come up with is editorial said "do an X-Men villain." Lol.

The whole thing is just a random mess. Fortunately, he's abruptly shelved.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    the art changes kills the book visually
    This really killed the flow of the issues. It's so distracting and happened with increasing regularity as the run came towards the end.

Sinister War really doesn't work at all. I feel it was due to his trying to cram in so much before the end.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Re-reading The Clone Saga.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

I've been catching up on some more current ASM, and read the Joe Kelly two parter that ran through ASM #19-20.

It was pretty bad. There was actually a glimmer of an intriguing idea in there somewhere, but it was buried under mounds of irritating dialogue and characterisation. The scenes with Black Cat, Spider-Man, MJ and Paul at the spa were toe-curlingly bad, and honestly quite sad to read. I find it interesting that Joe Kelly is quite a well regarded writer (or at least I consider him to be) and yet this was probably worse than the majority of the current Wells run, which seems to have been universally panned. This suggests to me that there is something beyond the writing going wrong in ASM at the moment.

While I do like Kelly as a writer, I find a lot of his dialogue irritatingly affected. It often takes me out of the story - I particularly found this during any arc featuring Norah Winters in the BND era. I can't quite explain it, but it feels very knowing and almost too clever and witty for its own good. I don't believe that real people ever speak like this.

I loved Dodson's art on MK:SM, but didn't enjoy his work on this arc nearly as much. I love his style, but here I felt like it it looked a little sloppy and loose. I'll have to give some his earlier stuff a re-read to see if my tastes have changed or if this is a step down from his earlier work.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I recently read Ultimate Spider-Man vol.1 along with Last Hero Standing and Last Planet Standing (the two MC2 event books from the mid-2000's). Bendis' dialogue gives me flashbacks of reading his eight year Avengers run and, oddly enough, Ultimate Spider-Man mirrors Spider-Girl in many respects. So...yeah. The MC2 event books were pretty interesting with LHS focusing more heavily on the Parker Family and A-Next in particular while LPS was more of a Fantastic Five-centric story than anything else.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

starting the sensational era of the clone saga

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    starting the sensational era of the clone saga
    I loved Dan Jurgen's run on Sensational. His artwork is top drawer, while also feeling quite different to any style that had been seen on a Spider-book before then. I was really surprised to learn that he hated writing Ben Reilly, as the scripts did a great job of fleshing him out as a character and establishing his supporting cast.

I did think that a few of the stories were hampered by the multi-part storytelling that was in vogue at the time though. I remember the first part of the 'Media Blizzard' being excellent, but the story arc as a whole was let down by a fairly lacklustre conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I recently read Ultimate Spider-Man vol.1 along with Last Hero Standing and Last Planet Standing (the two MC2 event books from the mid-2000's). Bendis' dialogue gives me flashbacks of reading his eight year Avengers run and, oddly enough, Ultimate Spider-Man mirrors Spider-Girl in many respects. So...yeah. The MC2 event books were pretty interesting with LHS focusing more heavily on the Parker Family and A-Next in particular while LPS was more of a Fantastic Five-centric story than anything else.
    If you're interested and jonesing for more Spider-Girl (and don't already have it readily available), her first Epic Collections comes out next March. I've never read the whole series so it's a must buy for me. I love the Epic Collections.

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    I loved Dan Jurgen's run on Sensational. His artwork is top drawer, while also feeling quite different to any style that had been seen on a Spider-book before then. I was really surprised to learn that he hated writing Ben Reilly, as the scripts did a great job of fleshing him out as a character and establishing his supporting cast.
    I never vibed with his Spidey for some reason. Maybe I was feeling his lack of feeling for Ben.

His early-mid 90's Superman is killer, though.

Did he bring in the Burglar's daughter thing? That isn't one of my favourite concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I never vibed with his Spidey for some reason. Maybe I was feeling his lack of feeling for Ben.

His early-mid 90's Superman is killer, though.

Did he bring in the Burglar's daughter thing? That isn't one of my favourite concepts.
    Yes, that was probably the most prominent subplot that ran through his run on Sensational. I thought it was a really clever idea at the time, but looking back I don't think it particularly went anywhere which is kind of a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    If you're interested and jonesing for more Spider-Girl (and don't already have it readily available), her first Epic Collections comes out next March. I've never read the whole series so it's a must buy for me. I love the Epic Collections.
    There are lots of obvious parallels between USM and Spider-Girl. I am up to around the #60s-70s in my re-read of the latter, and perhaps the most striking one is how both series began to drop off in quality as they became more and more bogged down with their own continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    There are lots of obvious parallels between USM and Spider-Girl. I am up to around the #60s-70s in my re-read of the latter, and perhaps the most striking one is how both series began to drop off in quality as they became more and more bogged down with their own continuity.
    Ah, I'll keep that in mind. I really only read the very start, as it launched a bit before the Byrne era and my quitting Spidey for several years. I've never had chance to go back to her but now I will.

Im finally done with the clone saga