Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1207

Reading mostly Miles Morales stuff these days, and jumped to Life Story, which has a solid first issue.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Im finally done with the clone saga
    What did you think overall? Have you read it before or first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Reading mostly Miles Morales stuff these days, and jumped to Life Story, which has a solid first issue.
    I really need to catch up with Miles. I'm probably 2 volumes behind, as I thought it was Kaine on Miles' Beyond cover.

I've started on the Venom Epic Collections released in the last year, so some are collections of the 90's miniseries and, much better, the start of Remender's run. I've also got the Spider-Gwen one to read and will soon try the Spider-Man/Deadpool volume.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    What did you think overall? Have you read it before or first time?
    First time reading it fully. overall started strong with the death of Aunt May and the reveal that Peter is the clone I did like the bromance between Peter and Ben. But I feel like once they made Ben spider-man they didn’t fully commit to it. I was under the impression he was spider man for a long time before they bring back Peter but I think he was the main spider man for like a year at most? Not that many memorable opponents in my opinion
    Plus it felt directionless at one point cause not only did they do a mini for Peter titled the last adventure he’s back in New York again like the following week. Then Peter die only to be revived with his powers acting out of wack.So when they made Norman the final mastermind of the whole thing I was good cause at that point I was tired of the saga as well.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

That's fair, I definitely feel the shifting status quo for Ben screams that they're not confident in Ben as Spider-Man.

I've said it before, but I do feel that when a company is changing the hero (i.e. replacing Peter with Ben) up they need to keep the rest as recognisable as possible, at least for a time, or the audience will feel they're not reading the same comic. Ben really suffered from this.

The longer it goes the more painfully clear it becomes that there is no real plan or goal in mind, so when Peter returns and everything starts barrelling towards Revelations it's almost a relief to have an ending in sight.

I'm actually a fan of this era and Ben, nostalgia is a solid part of that, but even I find it tough to read the whole thing without taking breaks.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

I am currently rereading Spider-Man from the beginning, started with Amazing Fantasy 15 and worked my way up. I am now at Amazing 200. Additionally I read The Spectacular SM and Marvel Team Up.

I already read every Spidey book there is and own almost every book in form or another, but I always find new and interesting things while rereading it.

John Byrne on Marvel Team Up was so good. His Spidey looks incredible.

Sal Buscema, I almost forgot him, draws a constitently good Spidey.

Ross Andru was my favorite.

Another thought: Ant May is a pain in the butt, I almost skip everything with her. After years of reading about her health and abductions, I just glance over the pages with her and hope she dies. I know, she will never really die.

With that being said, most books are good to great. The quality was top notch in my opinion, with a few misses in between.

BANNED

My LCS got a ton of late 80s/early 90s Amazing Spider-Man issues in, so I grabbed a ton of those and have been reading those. Lots of Micheline/McFarlane stuff, some Erik Larsen (who I think is underrated), etc. Still trudging through the current ASM, but enjoying Spine-Tingling and Spider-Boy so far.

Astonishing Member

Currently reading through the Chip Zdarsky omnibus and enjoying it. man alot of omnibus to read, I do sometimes get the urge to reread the Stern omnibus in time for the Black Costume omnibus come next year. also thinking of reading the David Michelinie Mcfarlane/Larsen omnibus before the Bagley one comes out. I have a feeling when I read it, its like reading about my Spider-man again, and not that poor imitation from the current books and BND.

Astonishing Member

Rereading the arc (ASM#346-347) where Spidey tricks Venom into thinking he killed him on a deserted island.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I am currently rereading Spider-Man from the beginning...
    I did this in my 20's, it was mostly a fun ride. Now I'm revisiting past eras with each new Epic Collection (or era specific TPB), so I'm dying for them to start Spectacular. I haven't read that in over a decade so it'd be pretty fresh to revisit (if they ever get around to it).

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    My LCS got a ton of late 80s/early 90s Amazing Spider-Man issues in, so I grabbed a ton of those and have been reading those. Lots of Micheline/McFarlane stuff, some Erik Larsen (who I think is underrated), etc. Still trudging through the current ASM, but enjoying Spine-Tingling and Spider-Boy so far.
    Nice, Micheline is my favourite "voice" for Spider-Man and his main supporting cast. And definitely agree about Larson, now that I'm older I prefer his art to McFarlane's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Currently reading through the Chip Zdarsky omnibus and enjoying it. man alot of omnibus to read, I do sometimes get the urge to reread the Stern omnibus in time for the Black Costume omnibus come next year. also thinking of reading the David Michelinie Mcfarlane/Larsen omnibus before the Bagley one comes out. I have a feeling when I read it, its like reading about my Spider-man again, and not that poor imitation from the current books and BND.
    I do love an Omnibus. I wish I had more room for them!

Mostly, I just get the classic(al) Batman ones (Golden/Silver Age), though I recently caved and got the gorgeous Batman Adventures one. That comic was my gateway drug into US comics.

I did grab McKay's Black Cat, though.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Rereading the arc (ASM#346-347) where Spidey tricks Venom into thinking he killed him on a deserted island.
    I must own those early Venom appearances in 5-6 different collections (and I have all the single issues). Probably my most re-read Spider-Man comics as they're ridiculously fun.

While his own books are questionable in quality, especially the 90's miniseries, I do think he was in danger of burning out if he'd just stayed a Spidey villain forever.
    Last edited by exile001; 12-14-2023 at 03:47 AM.

I am currently reading House of M Omnibus and i have read House of M Spider-Man tie ins of 5 issues. The things that happened in 5 issues long House of M Spider-Man didn't fit in anywhere in the 8 issues long House of M Event. Did the tie in writers even communicate with Bendis and each other back then !??!? There were some serious logical mistakes in some of the tie ins that i read so far as well. For Example Peter's Diary in House of M Spider-Man. How could it excist ????? It was impossible for Peter to write that Diary because he didn't remember the reality before Scarlet Witch Altered it to House of M reality.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RCO023_1664877278.jpg

this reveal is disappointing I really want to know how this issue was received back in the day. but I finished reading the "final chapter" saga of Spider-Man which means I'm done with the post clone saga of Spider-Man. There isnt much I like in this era. Only thing I guess I like was seeing Norman being Norman instead of the Green Goblin.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    this reveal is disappointing I really want to know how this issue was received back in the day.
    Pretty much universal hatred.

Most wanted it to be Pete and MJ's baby May, which had been heavily foreshadowed in ASM. Otherwise, it was still largely confusion as to why they'd undo such a classic story (ASM #400) and derision at the ludicrousness of Norman's plan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Pretty much universal hatred.

Most wanted it to be Pete and MJ's baby May, which had been heavily foreshadowed in ASM. Otherwise, it was still largely confusion as to why they'd undo such a classic story (ASM #400) and derision at the ludicrousness of Norman's plan.
    I was pretty young at the time and even I was like "this is so dumb." May's death in #400 was a heartwrenching story and (in my opinion) an absolute classic. It just felt so tacky and convoluted the way they undid it. I think that was when some of my childhood love of Spider-Man wore off a bit, during that era. I was bummed about Ben Reilly being killed off, Peter was feeling a bit stale, and that story just felt so over-the-top ridiculous.

Stuff like Ultimate Spider-Man and the movies brought me back, but there was a period there where I was mostly checked out. That might have been when I started exploring DC a bit more.

Kraven's Last Hunt.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by JT221 View Post
    Kraven's Last Hunt.
    First time or 100th? It's still a great read either way.