Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    just reread marvel knights spider-man.. perfect spidey book IMO

i feel like i reread every other month. just incredible
    Big fan of it, too.

It seems to be what you get when an A-list creative team decides to combine everything from the best Spider-Man stories. It's kinda hilarious that their previous project had been Trouble.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Continuing to read the three main titles during PAD's 1980s Spectacular Spider-Man run.

Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #115-116: This story could put Felicia's so-called heel turn in context, as Peter's decision to remove the cause of his bad luck backfires. The little moments elevate the story, the stuff that isn't strictly necessary for the story, but serves to entertain. Solid art by Leonardi and Beachum (who brings a 1980s David Mazzuchelli style realism to the title.)
    B+

Web of Spider-Man #16-17: The Roxxon machinations are a bit absurd, but the stakes are higher than usual for the action, and the creepy small town angle is played pretty well.

Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #117: The ongoing subplots allow PAD to do well with the "Spider-Man is missing" gimmick. His absence is noted, but doesn't drag down the story.
    B+

Amazing Spider-Man #279: The "Spider-Man is missing" subplot leads to an okay Silver Sable solo story.
    B-

Web of Spider-Man #18: The explanation to the "Spider-Man is missing." It's territory Michelinie has covered before a bit too much, and based on a coincidence of Peter stumbling onto a criminal conspiracy. The bookend with MJ is excellent.
    C
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Capture.jpg Amazing Spider-Man #240 as of now.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Astonishing Member

Amazing Spider-Man:16.1. A very well writen story by Gerry Conway.Great start to this story arc. Decent art,but villains as Tombstone seem illustrated a bit too much cartony,the Spidey and other scenes are well ilustrated.

Untold Tales of Spider-Man:1 to 5. Quite well written as well,I liked how this series mixes new characters (as new villains) with stories that resemble more the Spidey stories of the 60s with more classic villains.
    A great series set in the first years of the stories of Spider-Man.Cool art as well.

Amazing Spider-Man #193-200: While the emphasis is on the Burglar, I believe this could be considered one of Mysterio's best stories. My favorite part was Peter having to adjust after seemingly losing his powers.

Hobgoblin Axis: Kingsley is training others to become heroic Hobgoblins and Urich isn't cool with this. Really nice art and story. I like how Kingsley outsmarted Urich in the end and showed him why he was the best goblin.

Carnage Axis: While killing was normal to someone like Cletus Kasady, becoming a hero was totally different. At first I wasn't a fan of the idea, but this story ended up being far better than I expected. I also enjoyed the newer Sin Eater and how Carnage interacted with the reporter lady. Another great story with awesome art.

Amazing Spider-Man #416: The aftermath of the battle with Onslaught.

Spectacular Spider-Man #186-188: The Vulture is dying because of his equipment, but he wants to settle things with Spider-Man, those who wronged him, and convince May to forgive him for what he did to Nathan. This story is very dark, but I can say this is easily the best Vulture story I've ever read. Despite wanting May's forgiveness, he's still shown to be a very cold man. Even after kidnapping Peter, he says that he's only keeping him alive because he's May's nephew. The Vulture's ultimate goal is crushing Spider-Man, but of course, this doesn't happen. This was really good.

Spectacular Spider-Man #107-110: The Death of Jean DeWolff. A story I'd consider top 3 on my list. I can read this anytime. The Sin Eater is a great villain. You also can never go wrong with a Spider-Man/Daredevil team-up.

Amazing Spider-Man #366-367: Peter still isn't comfortable with the idea of his parents returning and wants to find the Red Skull to get more answers. Taskmaster makes an appearance and sends his trained fighters to fight Spidey and Solo, who are no match for the duo. Eventually Peter finds the Red Skulls files and finds out that his information goes along with Mary and Richard's story. This relieves him to an extent.
    Last edited by Turlast; 09-23-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Incredible Member

Help needed I'm trying to find Kravens last Hunt but on amazon uk all they have is the actual book version not the comic book ! Which kind if misses the point but there you go. Does anyone know where I could find the comic or graphic novel version ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    Help needed I'm trying to find Kravens last Hunt but on amazon uk all they have is the actual book version not the comic book ! Which kind if misses the point but there you go. Does anyone know where I could find the comic or graphic novel version ?
    I've been looking for it for ages in the UK too. I still haven't found it anywhere, other than 2nd hand on ebay. I'd like a new one though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've been looking for it for ages in the UK too. I still haven't found it anywhere, other than 2nd hand on ebay. I'd like a new one though.
    Would they have it in Forbidden planet down in London do you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    Would they have it in Forbidden planet down in London do you think ?
    I'm not sure about London. I've been to the Forbidden Planet's in Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham and they didn't have it. I haven't been to any of them for a few months though. I've never been to the London store, but I imagine it would be pretty big, so there's a better chance of them having it.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm not sure about London. I've been to the Forbidden Planet's in Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham and they didn't have it. I haven't been to any of them for a few months though. I've never been to the London store, but I imagine it would be pretty big, so there's a better chance of them having it.
    The only recommendations I have is stuff you probably already known (Check the websites of every UK based online retailers.)

It's hard to find in the US too, but I'd imagine Marvel will print more copies soon enough.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spider-Man #6-7: Okay, this story was pretty strange. Hobgoblin is out punishing "sinners" and ends up taking a little boy under his wing. He actually disfigures the kid and has him looking sorta...demonic. Ghost Rider, after scaring the crap out of a disgusting pedo, finds out about Hobby's crimes and goes to stop him. Both he and Spidey take him on, with Spidey realizing that Hobby could be a serious threat if he learns to control his power. Hobby might be powerful, but Blaze is shown to be more powerful and is ready to finish him....before Spidey stops him from attacking an unconscious Hobby. No matter who the enemy is, Spider-Man will not allow killing if it can be avoided. Annoyed, Blaze tells Spidey he won't be around to save Hobby next time and leaves. Really weird story, but cool nonetheless. Far better than Torment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The only recommendations I have is stuff you probably already known (Check the websites of every UK based online retailers.)

It's hard to find in the US too, but I'd imagine Marvel will print more copies soon enough.
    Yeah I keep checking the usual retailers I use but I haven't seen it in stock anywhere. Here's hoping for a reprint!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Turlast View Post
    Spider-Man #6-7: Okay, this story was pretty strange. Hobgoblin is out punishing "sinners" and ends up taking a little boy under his wing. He actually disfigures the kid and has him looking sorta...demonic. Ghost Rider, after scaring the crap out of a disgusting pedo, finds out about Hobby's crimes and goes to stop him. Both he and Spidey take him on, with Spidey realizing that Hobby could be a serious threat if he learns to control his power. Hobby might be powerful, but Blaze is shown to be more powerful and is ready to finish him....before Spidey stops him from attacking an unconscious Hobby. No matter who the enemy is, Spider-Man will not allow killing if it can be avoided. Annoyed, Blaze tells Spidey he won't be around to save Hobby next time and leaves. Really weird story, but cool nonetheless. Far better than Torment.
    Possibly one of the best Macendale Hobgoblin stories out there. McFarlane's art was great and demonic Hobby never looked or acted more evil than here.

Comixology had a short sale on Ultimate Spider-man. Run I've wanted to read for a fair while, apart from anything else good to get a super hero story with a beginning, middle and ending.

For once I didn't faff about, got entire run, 143 comics, including Ultimate 6 mini. Good job, sales ended next day.

Only read first 8 so far, don't read many comics nowadays, but very pleased so far.

Incredible Member

Currently reading Marvel knights and I'm not disappointed