Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Read more of Superior Spider-Man.

Superior Spider-Man#10.By Dan Slott and Ryan Stegman.
    This was likely the less action packed issue of Superior Spider-Man so far.More like moving sub plots.But quite interesting sub plots.Especially with the Green Goblin.And it had the return of White Dragon(yeah not the original one but still i liked it a lot)Art by Stegman is cool as always.7.5/10.

Superior Spider-Man#11.By Dan Slott and Giuseppe Camuncoli.
    Quite a suspensful story arc.I liked the main plot being set in a island/jail for super powered criminals.Made the tone of the story really interesting.Quite good first part of this story arc.
    Camuncoli art is at the best here imo.8/10.

Superior Spider-Man#12.By Dan Slott and Giuseppe Camuncoli.
    Continuation of this "Claustrophobic" story arc set with Spider-Man against the Spider Slayer in a island/jail for super powered criminals.And the story just gets better with Vulture,Scorpion and Boomerang with high tech costumes.Camuncoli art like in last issue is great.8/10.

Superior Spider-Man#13.By Dan Slott and Giuseppe Camuncoli.
    Conclusion of this story arc.In line with the previous stories.Good story and cool art.And leads directly to how Superior Spider-Man gets the resurces to have a Spider Army in the next issue.
    8/10.

Superior Spider-Man#14.By Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.
    In this story a sub plot from the Daredevil stories finally get resolved(Kingpin leading the Hand in a Feudal Japanese Castle in Hell´s Kitchen)
    Superior Spider-Man having giant spidery robots and a army against the Hand may seem over the top story,but actually makes sense and is quite well writen.
    Kingpin for example is a villain that i want to see more writen by Dan Slott.Ramos illustrations are awesome as well.One of the best stories illustrated by him in this volume of Superior Spider-Man.8.5/10.

Superior Spider-Man#15.By Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.
    Another issue that have sub plots moving,quite interesting nevertheless.Especially the Green Goblin one.
    Hobgoblin(Kingsley) that had apeared during Big Time have a interesting return in this story.
    Ramos art is great as well,but does not seem as good as in the previous issue but that may be due the fact this being a more slow paced story.7/10.

Superior Spider-Man#16.By Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.
    Conclusion to this story arc about Hobgoblin(Kingsley).
    Good story but not as good as the best stories of Superior Spider-Man.
    Interesting clifhanger with Hobgoblin being recruted by the Green Goblin.
    Art by Ramos is great.7/10.

Superior Spider-Man#17.By Dan Slott and Ryan Stegman.
    One of the best story arcs in Superior Spider-Man,that have Spider-Man 2099 going to the present in a great story.
    This story works as a really cool way to have Spider-Man 2099 in the present.
    Art by Stegman is awesome in this issue.8.5/10.

Astonishing Member

Read the first Spider-Man comics lately and a more recente issue.

Amzing Fantasy:15.By Stan Lee and Steve Dikto.
    Read the first Spider-Man story many times and i keep finding it to be a great origin story.
    Stan Lee story with Dikto art makes for one of my favorite first story and origin story of any comic book.
    10/10.

Amazing Spider-Man:1.By Stan Lee and Steve Dikto.
    The first issue of Amazing Spider-Man (and the second one) have two stories each.Because Amazing Spider-Man replaced Amazing Fantasy a comic book featuring several stories per issue.
    The first story have Spider-Man trying to join the Fantastic Four,a great story that have Spidey meeting for the first time the FF.
    And in the second issue there is a Spider-Man story that features the Chamaleon.(First powered villain that Spider-Man faces in the comics)
    Both stories keep on the greatness of the previous issues.
    Another 10/10.

Amazing Spider-Man:2.By Stan Lee and Steve Dikto.
    The first story of Spider-Man against the Vulture is great.A much better villain to Spider-Man that the Chameleon imo.
    Second story is a less traditional spider-man story and more in line with the previous mysteries/Sci-Fi stories of Marvel from the 50s and 60s.
    Right from the start of the Spider-Man stories shows how Spider-Man is such a great super hero that works really well in less traditional stories of super heroes.
    Interesting how the Tinkerer bounced back from this story many years later to be a villain in the Marvel stories.
    And not surprisingly 10/10.

Amazing Spider-Man:791.By Dan Slott and Stuart Immonem.
    A cool story of Spider-Man.
    The new relationship of Peter Parker and Bobbie Morse is great and is quite promising.Will be interesting to see how it develops in the stories.
    Peter Parker new job is cool as well.Daily Bugle was missed from the stories,and having Peter Parker being a editor is quite interesting.
    And enjoying the use of the suporting cast in this issue,as Joe Robertson and Mockinbird.
    This story featuring old school robots and a Thor villain is another reason why i enjoyed this issue.
    So a 8/10.

Ultimate Spider-Man #45: I think I took it for granted when this comic came out that this was just the type of story that Bendis would tell, and that Bagley could do well, but the Aunt May spotlight is even more daring in retrospect, as we learn the secrets that this version of May has been keeping, and how she views the world.
    A

Ultimate Spider-Man #46: Solid one-off intro to the Sandman, including decent fight scenes and a believable perspective from bystanders.
    B+

Amazing Spider-Man #252: Excellent intro to the alien costume.
    A

Amazing Spider-Man #253: Solid intro the Rose, but the Peter Parker story is the highlight, as Aunt May reacts differently than expected to news he's been keeping from her for some time. Leonardi's sketchy art isn't the best match for regular artist Ron Frenz, though, and some scenes seem a bit rushed.
    A-

Amazing Spider-Man #254: Great standalone story that features progress in Peter's life, as well as the big Hobgoblin mystery, while also introducing some nice twists, and an excellent dilemma involving Peter's duties as Spider-Man.
    A

Spider-Man II #1-5: This story takes on slightly higher significance with Bendis' imminent departure. It's a bit weird in that it provides some unexpected closure while focusing the advertising on something else. I'm not sure I buy a pivotal scene, involving Peter's frustrations at Miles.
    B
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

ASM #298 & #299 by Michelinie and McFarlane.

Had a random urge to read early era McFarlane, but could not find my Visionaries sets.

I've always liked Michelinie's one or two part stories...and his humor for Spidey.
    They've always reminded me of the Season 1 episodes from the `67 cartoon.

Astonishing Member

Superior Spider-Man#18 by Slott and Stegman.
    Continuation of the Spider-Man 2099 story arc in Superior Spider-Man.8.5/10.

Superior Spider-Man#19 by Slott and Stegman.
    Conclusion of the Spider-Man 2099 story arc in Superior Spider-Man.8.5/10.

Superior Spider-Man#20 by Slott and Camuncoli.
    In this issue Superior Spider-Man meets Black Cat,in a story that have changes in Black Cat characterisation.
    Another cool story in this series and with a unexpected clifhanger that is the return of Stunner in the next issue.8/10.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Read some Wein/ Andru.

Amazing Spider-Man
    #156:
    Mirage is kinda generic as a villain, but given that he's dispatched so quickly in a story that seems to mainly exist to set up the return of Ock and feature a big moment for the supporting cast, that's not too disqualifying.
    B

Amazing Spider-Man
    #157-159:
    The return of Ock has some good moments, although it is rather dependent on one of the silliest Spider-Man stories ever (the wedding of Ock & Aunt May.) The final team-up between Spider-Man & Ock is kinda satisfying. Andru's art is really nice, and Wein does capture the quieter indignities of Spider-Man's life, even if we've seen many of the beats before, and Peter's life is a bit dull.
    B

Amazing Spider-Man
    #160:
    The return of Tinkerer and the spider-mobile is probably one of Wein's best issues, giving the book some interesting action sequences, and mostly getting past the dopiness, while adding a somewhat contribution to the mythos (Tinkrer as an aide to Spider-Man enemies).
    B+

Amazing Spider-Man #161-162: There's some interesting stuff in this story about Nightcrawler trying to avenge a friend and Punisher being framed by a new villain, as well as some nice set pieces in New York City landmarks, but it is just too crammed (it didn't need both Punisher and Nightcrawler) so that a murder happening during a date for Peter and MJ is quickly forgotten.
    B

Amazing Spider-Man #163-164: It's a decent story with an interesting trap for Spidey by the Kingpin, and a compelling challenge when Peter's lifeforce is used to restore someone else to life, but it could've been better with more attention for what Spider-Man's going through (the painful realization he might die) and the question of whether he owes anything to a mostly innocent man whose survival may depend on a risk to Peter.
    B+

Reading these issues, I'm getting an impression of the good (Andru's attention to detail/ storytelling, Wein capturing the small moments especially the indignities) and bad (stories that are a bit rushed and sometimes derivative of what had come before, Peter stumbling into some big adventures, a lack of interesting problems for Peter.)
    I’m currently collecting the original Clone Saga. 5 more books, and my 130-150 run will be complete.

I've been reading through Ultimate Spiderman from the beginning (currently on #46.) It's awesome. I'm having serious nostalgia because I remember reading it as a kid. I'll see a panel and I'll distinctly remember that I read it at least ten years ago. It's great run by Bendis.

Spider-Man's Tangled Web 1-3: The Thousand
    I read it basically cause Garth Ennis is brilliant as a Punisher writer, I thought I'd give this story from "Superheroes are overrated" writer a try, and it's stupid.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I just got a Marvel Digital Unlimited subscription.

So far, I've read...

Amazing Fantasy # 15 Amazing Spider-Man
    A one-shot with recolored versions of Amazing Fantasy #15 and Amazing Spider-Man #1. It often works, allowing for a new appreciation of classic material, and Ditko's skill as a storyteller. There are some mismatches mainly because the material wasn't always meant for it.

The Many Loves of Spider-Man
    Seems to largely be a way to repackage a fun Black Cat team-up where Spider-Man encounters a twisted magician. Added to that is a Carlie Cooper flashback of an encounter with Gwen Stacy (nice art but it is weird that a kid so young has an insight into a serial killer) and a Roger Stern/ Ron Frenz MJ spotlight.

Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #64
    Cloak and Dagger make an impressive debut. The highlight is how rattled Spider-Man is by his experiences.
    A

Spider-Girl #10-11:
    The series' first multi-part story takes Mayday back in time to the pages of a Lee/ Ditko classic, making for fun contrasts between the MC2 world and Silver Age Marvel. Might be proof the series was at its best when exploring its complicated legacy (other highlights being the first issue and the Spider-Venom story.)
    A

Shadowland: Spider-Man
    One of Dan Slott's more obscure stories spotlights what happens when Shang-Chi is corrupted by Mr. Negative in the midst of the larger Shadowland epic, reacting differently than most, but still putting Spider-Man in a position where he has to worry about saving an ally's soul.
    B+
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This morning, I began reading Civil War from the beginning and I intend to read it in its entirely. So I read the mini-arc "Mr. Parker goes to Washington." It was cool seeing the Iron Spider suit.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

I read One More Day over the weekend and...man, WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I read One More Day over the weekend and...man, WTF.
    When editorial necessity clashes with good storytelling you get trash like OMD. What else can I say, it's just awful in execution.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    When editorial necessity clashes with good storytelling you get trash like OMD.
    I dislike it on so many levels...

Spectacular Member

I just finished Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider Vol 1 - Back in the Hood. It collects Clone Conspiracy: Omega and #1-5. Overall it was... alright. I honestly would rather Spidey 2099 continue than have PAD move to a Clone Conspiracy spin-off, but with him and Bagley on these issues I expected more than what I got. I liked the conflict between Ben and Kaine, but it was incredibly forced how Ben got his old costume back (from memory, this was from the backlash when the new costume was revealed, right?). Giggled a bit at the Aunt June stuff to begin with, but after a few issues it became old. Rolled my eyes at the reveal of the connection between Cassandra Mercury and Thorne. Hopefully Vol 2 will be better...

I'm currently halfway through Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 1 - Into the Twilight, collecting the Free Comic Book Day 2017 issue and #1-6. So far I've got through FCBD and #1-3. I've been following a lot of the threads about this series and knew beforehand that the first few issues weren't too well received. Personally, I've enjoyed it so far. There's been several times I have thought Zdarsky was trying a bit too hard (some of the footnotes for one example), but it's been nothing offensive. If anything I've found it more fun already than any of the Worldwide run of ASM. I also knew beforehand that Teresa returned, but it is still nice to see her back - I definitely didn't peg a seemingly one-time character from a Marvel OGN to pop up in an ongoing series. I also like the dynamic between Peter and Johnny. Always enjoy seeing them together.

Spectacular Member

Continuing on from my earlier post, I just finished the first Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man volume. I had #4-6 left to finish it off. Really liking this series. "My Dinner With Jonah" (#6) is a fantastic issue. Can't wait for Vol 2.

I've just started Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows Vol 2 - The Venom Experiment, collecting RYV #6-12. I have read the first three issues so far. #6 and 7 ("School Daze") were alright, #8 ("The Venom Solution") has me intrigued, I'm curious to see how the rest of this story plays out. So far though, I am finding the same problem that I had with Vol 1 - I'm just not enjoying the overall vibe of this series. It comes off as a bit too juvenile for my tastes - I know it's necessary since it revolves around the Parkers as a family unit, but I guess I prefer my Spidey with a bit of drama too.