Page 56 of 81 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Last time I read a Spider-Man comic was October last year, I loved that Punisher Spidey What If..? one shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I blame my recent three-hit health problem combo on the nightmarish, medieval European-style torture that is O'Neil's ASM run. These 20 issues have taken me so long to get though, grinded my normal comic reading rate to a halt, and should be retconned to be the actual biblical origin of evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I actually dropped ASM for the first and only time in my long comic-reading life due to O'Neil's run. I didn't find it so bad as boring-----which is arguably worse. But, like New England weather, just wait a bit and things change-----Uncle Rog came on board a few short years later and crafted my all-time favorite ASM run and ushered in a whole new era of greatness!
    I actually like that run, especially the annual with Punisher and Doc Ock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Issue #19 is one of my all time favorites.
    Attachment 76572
    Is that the one where the new Ox is trying to undermine Spider-Man, but ends up getting a fist to his jaw? I love how Lightmaster came to the wrong conclusion that poor Hector Ayala is Spider-Man.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Haven’t read it yet, but I just won Amazing Spider-Man 135. One more chapter from the original Clone Saga complete. Also completing the rest of the Wein run, as well as the first 18 issues of Spectacular Spider-Man series.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just bought issues 161, and 162 of Amazing, as well as Spectacular 1-30, and finished MTU 100-150 (minus issue 121). Going to continue working on getting the rest of Wein’s, Wolfman and O’Neil’s run. That’ll make me have a complete run on Amazing 150 to 385 uninterrupted.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I recently read the Spider-man: Spider Island HC. I haven't read this story since the hardcover came out in 2011 or 2012 I think. It was very fun and now I'm reading the Ends of the Earth HC.

Reading these makes me really want some Brand New Day and Big Time era Omnibuses. Superior Spider-man and most post-Superior Amazing Spider-man (we really need a final HC that finishes Slott's run off - Red Goblin HC leaves a gap) are collected in oversized hardcovers, but not much Slott pre-Superior Amazing Spider-man.

C'mon Marvel!

Re-read:

Edge of Spider-Verse #1 (November 2014)
    featuring Spider-Man Noir (2nd printing)

Really wish we had gotten a regular series (or at least a limited-/mini-series) starring this character back on his own Earth / in his own time-period after the whole Spider-Verse event was wrapped up. Oh, well.

Astonishing Member

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #310. Instant classic encompassing Spidey and brings the feels. Ranks highly on my Spider-Man best of.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #310. Instant classic encompassing Spidey and brings the feels. Ranks highly on my Spider-Man best of.

variant cover by Chip Zdarsky:

I'm starting my way from ASM #224 to #251, alongside Annuals #16 and #17. It's my first time reading Stern's run, thoug I had previously read "The kid who collects Spider-Man" and #224 to #226. Last story I read was the two part storyline "Nothing can stop the Juggernaut". I'm really enjoying this writer so far!
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Working my way through Spider-Man Brand New Day. Currently Reading Volume 4. Very enjoyable first time read!

Re-reading most of the "Spider-Verse" stuff.

Some Slott stuff I bought. They were published by an editorial in Argentina, and have the following arcs from ASM:
    -Ends of Earth
    -Danger Zone
    -Dying Wish

I really liked those storylines. I have been collecting some Big Time and going forward material of Slott’s Spider-Man this year
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

One of my favorite Spider-Stories:
    Gangland: Amazing Spider-Man #113-115
    ASM-114-cover.jpg

Tonight I stared my read through of Amazing from the beginning. I have the 20 current Masterworks so will be reading from those. My goal is one issue a day. Should be easy. 212 issues of amazing plus annuals and bits. Should be done in time for Vol 21 in November.

AF 15 and ASM 1 read. Love this old stuff.

Some single issues from the Spider-Verse storyline:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    One of my favorite Spider-Stories:
    Gangland: Amazing Spider-Man #113-115
    ASM-114-cover.jpg
    This was a GREAT story and is sadly kinda forgotten today; I also really like the Doc Ock/Ghost of Hammerhead story that came later circa #155 or so.