Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Continuing my way through JMS's very excellent run on Spider-Man. While I am loving this run overall, I did just finish Sins Past and it was quite terrible. Now into Vol. 9 of his run, Skin Deep.
    Sins Past and One More Day are terrible. Greatest strength of JMS' run was Coming Home, The Conversation, Doomed Affairs and how he wrote Peter/MJ/Aunt May. Nobody writes May like JMS did.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

variant cover by Chip Zdarsky:
    Wonderful issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Sins Past and One More Day are terrible. Greatest strength of JMS' run was Coming Home, The Conversation, Doomed Affairs and how he wrote Peter/MJ/Aunt May. Nobody writes May like JMS did.
    His Peter is one of my all time favorite takes on the character. He's mature, competent, and I definitely agree with you about how he wrote May.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Finished reading

Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2: Spider-Verse tpb collection

I am trying to get back on the bus after a lengthy hiatus, and I'm reading the collection of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 794-801, ANNUAL 42.

I am really enjoying it, but I'm looking forward to the ASM that started last year, so I can get caught up with the new releases.

Just finished Spider-Geddon, 0-5, Spider-Force 1-3, Spider-Girls 1-3, Vault of Spiders 1&2, and PPSSM 311-313.

Overall, I can only say I got a “C” story. A lot of it seemed convoluted.

Astonishing Member

His Peter is one of my all time favorite takes on the character. He's mature, competent, and I definitely agree with you about how he wrote May.
    My turn to agree with you. Cheers.

Finished my JMS run on ASM with Back in Black (I have not and have no desire to read that garbage that is OMD). Overall his run was quite enjoyable and I really enjoyed his characterization of Peter, May, and MJ.
    I thoroughly enjoyed Kingpin getting his butt handed to him in that beat down. Kingpin is one of the more "over powered" villains in Marvel, so I was glad to see him humiliated and beat within an inch of his life.

Restarted by read through of the Lee/Ditko era with Marvel Masterworks Amazing Spider-Man vol 3, which collects issues 20-30 and Annual no. 2.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

BANNED

Finished my JMS run on ASM with Back in Black (I have not and have no desire to read that garbage that is OMD). Overall his run was quite enjoyable and I really enjoyed his characterization of Peter, May, and MJ.
    I thoroughly enjoyed Kingpin getting his butt handed to him in that beat down. Kingpin is one of the more "over powered" villains in Marvel, so I was glad to see him humiliated and beat within an inch of his life.
    If you like Back in Black, you have to read Matt Fraction's Sensational Spider-Man Annual #1 -- "To Have and to Hold". It's the finale to the JMS Era that Spider-Man fans deserve. It's one of the greatest Spider-Man comics of the 21st Century and is a huge influence and reference point for Nick Spencer's current run.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    If you like Back in Black, you have to read Matt Fraction's Sensational Spider-Man Annual #1 -- "To Have and to Hold". It's the finale to the JMS Era that Spider-Man fans deserve. It's one of the greatest Spider-Man comics of the 21st Century and is a huge influence and reference point for Nick Spencer's current run.
    Ohhhh thanks!!! I haven’t heard of that issue and will definitely track it down.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Some of the Bill Mantlo's work on Marvel Team-Up.
    Issues #48 is one my earliest comic book purchases.
    48.jpg

BANNED

So today I read Gerry Conway's Amazing Spider-Man: Spiral at the local library. It was printed as "16.1, 17.1, 18.1, 19.1, 20.1" (similar to Hunted) and it's a great miniseries and incredible use of the Spidey underworld. Parts of it seem to have directly inspired the PS4 game especially the DLC story with the gang wars and so on. It really reads and feels great, and some really nice dialogue and captions from him. Also Conway's Spider-Man feels like a real competent and capable Spider-Man.

The second series in Slott's later years -- Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Zdarsky's Spectacular, and Conway's Spiral -- was miles and leagues better than the main book.

I finished up the 2 TPB of the recently started Amazing Spider-Man series, which I am really enjoying. I picked up issues 11-13 at my LCS, so now my floppies will bring me up to date on the series.

Quick question, for the 16.hu issues, do I read 16 first, or 16.hu first? Thanks in advance!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daveismyhero View Post
    Quick question, for the 16.hu issues, do I read 16 first, or 16.hu first? Thanks in advance!
    Those issues are done in such a way that you can read them in any order. They both revolve around a particular plot point and show it from the perspective of two different POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveismyhero View Post
    I finished up the 2 TPB of the recently started Amazing Spider-Man series, which I am really enjoying. I picked up issues 11-13 at my LCS, so now my floppies will bring me up to date on the series.

The HUs are intended to be read after the issue they're HUing, so #16.HU after #16, this weeks #18.HU after #18, and so on.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate