Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21616768697071
Results 1,051 to 1,064 of 1064
  1. #1051
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,871

    Default

    I re-read Amazing Spider-Man#275 and 276.
    By Tom De Falco and Ron Frenz.
    One of the best Hobgoblin stories and ASM#275 have one of the best Spider-Man covers as well.
    The art by Ron Frenz in these stories are way cool.

  2. #1052
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Which Spider-Man comic do you own that's the most valuable? Mine would probably be the first printing of Edge of Spider-Verse #2, Spider-Gwen's debut. Issue went to four printings.
    Probably my copy of AMS #365, I got it signed by Stan Lee a few years back.
    Outside of that, maybe Venom #3, the first appearance of Knull.

    I do own a copy of the first Iron-Spidey appearance as well through.


    In terms of what I've been reading, honestly, outside of the current ASM and Venom stuff, I haven't been reading a lot of Spider-Man, but that's because most of my Spider-Man stuff are in storage right now.
    I did however try and go through Stan's run in the epic collections, got to about issue 80 so I will continue that again sometime soon. May start that read again when volumes 6 & 7 come out.

  3. #1053
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    2,727

    Default

    I loved Superior Spiderman. The first one any way. And now I have started Slott's Run on Amazing Spiderman from 2014. I am going to do a mix of that and the old stuff from the 60s and 70d. I am still reading my Marvel comics month to month and year by year but along with the older stuff I am doing some New stuff as well.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  4. #1054
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    2,727

    Default

    I just read Avenging Spiderman 21. When did 161 Nick Fury become the Sam L jackson Nick Fury?
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  5. #1055
    Incredible Member Ozymandias's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    667

    Default

    That's Nicholas Fury, Jr., first appearance: Battle Scars #1 (January, 2012)

  6. #1056
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    2,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    That's Nicholas Fury, Jr., first appearance: Battle Scars #1 (January, 2012)
    Thank you. I will look up ore about him.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  7. #1057
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    2,727

    Default

    Hello All. I am currently reading the 2012 run of Scarlet Spider. I never had much exposure to Khaine so this is pretty good. I will say him talking about how he was a monster and trying to have a second chance to do better ever page is getting old. I mean I get it, you were a bad guy trying to be good now. Stop ramming it in my face every two seconds.

    But I still enjoy it. I am also going to start on Amazing Spiderman from 1968 as well as Superior Spiderman team up as Well. It is going to be a Spider heavy weekend.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  8. #1058
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    2,727

    Default

    I am reading more of the 2014 Amazing Spiderman run. Just read the story that was the Spiderverse lead in. And The Spiderman from the Spiderman and his Amazing friends universe was killed. That made me very sad. I loved that cartoon. I feel like that story killed my childhood. Like I am for real not joking. It made me kind of upset. The way Firestar's litte annoying dog was barking and then sad howling. It was rough.

    Then it got worse. The Spider girl that I loved to read. They attacked her universe and Killed Peter and Mary jane. I really may skip that story. it seems very dark. And that is not for me.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  9. #1059
    Fantastic Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am reading more of the 2014 Amazing Spiderman run. Just read the story that was the Spiderverse lead in. And The Spiderman from the Spiderman and his Amazing friends universe was killed. That made me very sad. I loved that cartoon. I feel like that story killed my childhood. Like I am for real not joking. It made me kind of upset. The way Firestar's litte annoying dog was barking and then sad howling. It was rough.

    Then it got worse. The Spider girl that I loved to read. They attacked her universe and Killed Peter and Mary jane. I really may skip that story. it seems very dark. And that is not for me.
    The Spider-Verse comics are such a miserable bummer to read which is baffling to me considering how much fun the concept should be with embracing the character's history. Thank goodness the movie happened and did everything better than the books.

  10. #1060

    Default

    Marvel Age Spider-Man 01

    I've read plenty of criticism toward this series, but I did not think it was warranted based on my experience enjoying that version of retelling Doc Ock's debut story, and now that I've read the Vulture portion of this issue I don't think it's bad, just that it's way too fast paced and this version has more pages than the Lee & Ditko original. It's awkward that a recreation has no time to breath between scenes when the classic still gave each scene more breathing time with its boatload of text not tricking us into believing so.


    EDIT: The Tinkerer back-up story is poorly paced and written.

    Time to read the rest of the 20 issues series.


    EDIT 2: Issue 2 has a girl named Olivia talking to pre madness Otto Octavius. Probably a coincidence, but it could be what inspired the name Olivia Octavius in the Miles Morales movie.
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 11-19-2020 at 06:34 AM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  11. #1061
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Picked up Tom Taylor's Friendly Neighbourhood run in trade. Read the first two issues so far, I'm liking it a lot. I enjoy how these side issues focus on the more social aspects of Spider-Man, how he deals with being at Home, the drama behind May's cancer. It's all good stuff so far.

    I think that's why I don't have much interest in Non-Stop Spider-Man, we already have Amazing to be the action orientated comic, I'd like to take a breather every now and then and just see how May is doing.

  12. #1062
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Marvel Age Spider-Man 01

    I've read plenty of criticism toward this series, but I did not think it was warranted based on my experience enjoying that version of retelling Doc Ock's debut story, and now that I've read the Vulture portion of this issue I don't think it's bad, just that it's way too fast paced and this version has more pages than the Lee & Ditko original. It's awkward that a recreation has no time to breath between scenes when the classic still gave each scene more breathing time with its boatload of text not tricking us into believing so.


    EDIT: The Tinkerer back-up story is poorly paced and written.

    Time to read the rest of the 20 issues series.


    EDIT 2: Issue 2 has a girl named Olivia talking to pre madness Otto Octavius. Probably a coincidence, but it could be what inspired the name Olivia Octavius in the Miles Morales movie.
    It was poorly received? I thought people just didn’t talk about it because it was just a retelling of Spider-Man’s first run.

  13. #1063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It was poorly received? I thought people just didn’t talk about it because it was just a retelling of Spider-Man’s first run.
    Maybe not as poorly as I thought when I made that post, I recalled reviews of some the issues on Spider-Fan.org, and they were pretty poor.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  14. #1064
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,907

    Default

    Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #308-309: I reread it because it was on two "Best of" lists. I'm not sure this clash with Sandman is quite on that level, but it's a good take on Spider-Man trying to help out a dying enemy and then things getting a little crazy. There's also some fun with the Jonah knowing his identity dynamic.
    A

    Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #310: Zdarsky's last issue is a great spin on something we've seen before, with ordinary people talking about their experiences with the wall-crawler, that goes in a different direction when we learn about his bond with a kid who does something stupid. I think this is Zdarsky's best spider-comic.
    A+

    I'm also rereading Nick Spencer post-"Hunted"

    Amazing Spider-Man Volume 5 #24: This is some excellent set-up for Kindred as he tackles Mysterio, and sends a warning to Spider-Man.
    A

    Amazing Spider-Man Volume 5 #25: Gets bonus points for the amount of content (and it's two bucks on comixology, same as any other issue.) The two main stories (MJ saves a rival actress; Spider-Man tries to persuade the Lizard life's worth living) ate pretty good.
    A

    Amazing Spider-Man Volume 5 #26-28: A Boomerang team-up is pretty fun, with a solid B-plot as May tries to rebuild the Feast Center, and the dynamics of a female supervillain team.
    B+

    Amazing Spider-Man Volume 5 #29: Rereading these, I can see that Nick Spencer is really good at set-up, with the prelude of a Chameleon arc coinciding with a bad day for Peter Parker, and several gut punches in the end.
    A
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •