Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast

Default SHSO Top 3's #9

Top 3 Spider-Man Villains

I've included a lot of Spider-Man villains on previous lists. These are three that I haven't yet mentioned.
    Prowler: Hobie Brown designed several inventions to use in a life of crime before reforming. These include a cape allowing him to glide and pneumatic boots that let him super jump.
    Hypno-Hustler: Antoine Delsoin is one of the weirdest characters Marvel has ever come up with. And this is the company that created Armless Tiger Man. Hypno-Hustler's guitar allows him to play hypnotic music. He also has "hypno-boots" which release knockout gas. It would be hilarious if he somehow was added.
    Mr. Negative: Martin Li was mutated by the same drug that created Cloak and Dagger. By day, he runs a soup kitchen, but by night he is an evil crime lord. Mr. Negative can control the Darkforce to either heal or corrupt things by touching them. This is what turned the Venom symbiote into Anti-Venom.

Top 3 Iron Man Villains
    SHSO has surprisingly few Iron Man villains, especially compared to the number of Iron Men. These are a few of his foes that deserve to be playable.

Killer Shrike: In Iron Man: Armored Adventures, Killer Shrike was a Maggia enforcer. Despite the lame codename, Killer Shrike would be pretty fun to play as. His suit of armor grants him durability and flight, and comes equipped with power blasters.
    Madame Masque: Madame Masque has taken several identities, including Whitney Frost, Whitney Stane, and Giuletta Nefaria. She's a Maggia assassin. In most universes, her mask just hides a scar on her face. However, on Earth-904913, it projects a hard-light hologram (sologram) around her, giving her the ability to look like anyone, similar to a shapeshifter. Madame Masque fights with intense energy weapons.
    Count Nefaria: Luchino Nefaria is the head of the Maggia, a crime family. He was granted the powers of Atlas, Living Laser, and Whirlwind, but at a hundred times the magnitude. If he was added, he should be one of SHSO's most powerful villains.

Top 3 Fantastic Four Villains
    The Fantastic Four have always been my favorite superhero team, but they've been neglected in the game recently. These characters would make up for it.

Diablo: Esteban de Ablo is a master alchemist who's been alive since the ninth century. He can use potions to shapeshift, freeze people, cause explosions, or transmute objects into other things. His Hero Up should be summoning four creatures, each one representing a different mystical "element": earth, air, water, and fire.
    Wizard: In spite of his name, Bentley Wittman is a scientist, not a sorcerer. His greatest invention is anti-gravity disks, which, as you'd expect, negate gravity. He can use these disks to fly. Wizard is also the founder of the Frightful Four, a group completely absent from SHSO.
    Dragon Man: Dragon Man, strangely enough, is neither a dragon nor a man. He's actually a robot. Dragon Man has strength, durability, flight, and fire breath. Dragon Man is another Frightful Four member.

Default Repaints, Retreads and Rehashes- Episode XXXIV: Me and Ms. Jones

When in doubt add a pyrokinetic to the team. It seems that almost every team in Marvel, or any other super-powers based comicbook, has one. I think many of us got our start with Angelica Jones from the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends cartoon and then fell in love with this mutant. Firestar was given her name and training by Emma Frost, with whom she still has intense loyalties. She was a Hellion, Young Ally, and New Warrior- three teams that Gaz has apparently never heard of. She was an Avenger and is now an X-Men. She's been engaged to Marvel Boy/Justice and has breast cancer caused from the radiation of her own powers. I hope you learn a lot about the history of pyrokinetics in Ang's R3s:

• Repaint- AKA Reskin. An exact or near exact duplicate hero in terms of combo & PUs/HU. We have just a few of these in SHSO: AAIM, White Phoenix, Classic Daredevil, Avenging Wolverine etc.
    • Retread- Same hero different combos, PUs and HU. Examples: Swashbuckling Nightcrawler and Pirate Deadpool.
    • Rehash- Similar hero similar combo, PUs, and HU. Examples: Red Hulk, Rescue, Beta Ray Bill.

1. Firestar: Earth-985 (multiple Earths). Put a little black in Angelica's uni and it completely changes her appearance. She wore this uniform while battling the Carnage/Silver Surfer symbiote pair.
    2. Lady Comet: Earth-398. Anyone familiar with my lists knows my obsession with Morgan Le Fay's time-warped reality and the costume variations.
    3. Firestar: Earth-3062. Her Weapon X (Panoptichron) uniform also known as her Exiles look.
    4. Firestar: Earth-9105. Ms. Jones' Forever Yesterday look. This timeline was established based on the premise of "What If Moses was killed by the Pharaoh's sorcerer?" and established the realm of were The Sphinx (AKA Anath-Na Mut) is from. I love the retconned Lifestone Tree continuity plot device.
    5-6. Magma: Earth-616 (multiple Earths). I threw in a pic of her SHS toy, too. Amara Aquilla is a descendent of Hercules and born the a hidden city of Nova Roma. Nova Roma is hidden in the Amazon (Brazil) after it's formation during the time of Caesar, and was ruled by Selene. Amara was freed by the New Mutants, who she later joined. She was also a member of the Hellions and many other X-Men Teams. She can create localized earthquakes/volcanoes, can move rocks, and has regenerative healing to go along with her pyrokinesis. She also often fights with swords.
    7. Sunpyre: Earth-616. There have been two Sunpyres in Marvel canon. The first was Leyu Yoshida, half-sister of Sunfire and cousin of the Silver Samurai. She was a member of the X-Corps, a mutant police force set up by Banshee. She is presumed dead after a run in with mind-controlled (by Mastermind) members of the X-Corps. The second is Lumina who was plucked from Honey Lemon's Power Purse and later joined the Big Hero 6. Many believe that Lumina is the soul of Leyu.
    8. Volcana: Earth-616. Marsha Rosenberg was a fat kid who had only one friend, Mary "Skeeter" MacPherran, a skinny, little runt. The two of them were living in Denver when the Beyonder tore Denver from the Earth to create a new world which he dubbed "Battleworld". The two were hiding in a forest until found by Victor von Doom who offered to give them superpowers in exchange for allegiance. Marsha was transformed into Volcana and her friend Skeeter was turned into Titania. Marsha can also turn her body to stone (which gives her abilities similar to Thing) or ash (which gives her similar abilities to Sandman) to go along with her pyrokinesis. She was on SHS dating Molecule Man, which she also does off/on in the comics.
    9. Nova: Earth-616 (multiple Earths). Frankie Raye and her mother (Lanette) were abandoned by her father, who many now believe is Thomas Raymond (AKA Toro- a Inhuman who was the android Human Torch's sidekick) and taken in by a man who called himself "Thomas Raye". "Thomas Raye" was actually Phineas Horton who hypnotized Lanette into marriage because he was on the lam from the Secret Service because one of his androids attempted to assassinate President JFK. Phineas Horton was the creator "Horton Cells" which made Jim Hammond, the original android Human Torch (in fact, Horton's android designs were so revolutionary that Ultron used one to create The Vision). While helping her adoptive "father" with his experiments, Frankie fell through the floor and had vials of "Horton Cells" spill on her which turned on her latent (retconned) Inhuman abilities. Frankie later took the mantle of Galactus' herald and upon receiving the power cosmic changed her name to Nova.
    10. Firebird: Earth-616 (multiple Earths). Bonita Juarez got her pyrokinesis from an meteorite.
    11. Foxfire: Earth-TRN127. Rose Autumn is half human/half Progeny. She has the ability to turn her body into an alien golden metal (giving her similar powers to Colossus), she can absorb the Phoenix Force power, she can fly, and she can control her hair like Medusa to go along with her pyrokinesis.
    12. Sunstreak: Earth-616. Andrea Roarke is one of two Marvel characters with this name and a member of the Force of Nature, Oregon Initiative team. She was replaced by another pyrokinetic on this list.
    13. Tara: Earth-616. AKA Invader-1. A 'female' android sleeper-agent created by Red Skull (from stolen plans and "Horton Cells" from Phineas Horton) who is a member of the Invaders. She worked alongside US Agent, Jim Hammond HT, Blazing Skull, Union Jack, Spitfire, Fin, Nia Noble, and Thin Man.
    14. Spitfire: Earth-616 (multiple Earths). Jacqueline Falsworth is the daughter of the original Union Jack. She was bitten by a vampire, her uncle- Baron Blood and has vampire abilities. Her blood also contains "Horton Cells" from a blood transfusion from Jim Hammond. BUT, the cells did not give her pyrokinesis but super speed. Why is she on this list? Just look at her...and she has "fire" in her name...and she has "Horton Cells". It ties together!
    15. Solara: Earth-50701. Reiko Kurokaki is the daughter of a Yakuza boss. This character is co-owned with EA games based on the joint venture of comics/game that gave us Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects.
    16. Silk Fever: Earth-616. AKA Firewall. Min Li Ng is a mutate whose pyrokinetic powers were gained via being placed in the Dragons' Breath (Cambodian-Southeast Asian cult) "well of all things" which was a Universal Wellspring an interdimensional, magicical breach. She was member of the Folding Circle and Thunderbolts.
    17. Firestar: Earth-1610 & 81122. Elizabeth Allan is the daughter of the Blob in the Ultimate universe. She starts as anti-mutant...but turns into one herself.
    18. Magma: Earth-7964. Alison Crestmere will never come to SHSO because she was created as the main plot device for the Activision game X-Men Legends.
    19. Sunfire: Earth-2109. On this Exile book Earth Mariko Yashida is not the love interest of Wolverine, but a lesbian, mutant pyrokinetic.
    20. Sunstreak: Earth-616. Jennifer Burke is a scientist whose experiment becomes bonded to her skin. She is more of a photokinetic than a pyrokinetic. She was in the Nightwatch books.
    21. Firefall: Earth-616. The resident pyrokinetic on the First Line team from the underappreciated, retconned early 2000s Marvel: The Lost Generation books.
    22. Sunswift: Earth-616. The pyrokinetic from Marvel's 8th graphic novel released in 1983. Classic tale of futuristic evil beings sending items back in time to change the time line only to be thwarted by the very beings they were trying to change making everyone wonder if the evil beings actually worsened their lot paradoxically.
    23. Tempest: Earth-616. Angel Salvadore lost (I guess temporarily) her mutant-insectoid abilities after M-Day and had to rely on technology that granted her flight, pyrokinesis, and pagokinesis (ice control). I'd rather have her insectoid form.
    24. Goldfire: Earth-616. Ameiko Sabuki is the V-Battalions Penance Council pyrokinetic. Man I want Citizen V in this game.
    25. Flambe: Earth-616. A french villain and member of the all female team Hell's Belles.
    26-27. Crystal: Earth-616 (multiple Earths). Saved the best for last...this Inhuman is amazing an will make every list she can be considered for.

Take-Aways & Questions:
    - When will we see Inhumans in SHSO?
    - I wonder if Galactus and his Heralds are just a pipe dream.
    - Four words: Jim Hammond Human Torch
    - Throw in Toro and Tara for good measure.
    - Where are our Hellions, New Warriors, and Young Allies?
    - Vance Astro, Vance Astrovik, Marvel Boy, Justice, or Major Victory?
    - Invaders were mentioned a few times. Wanted to mention them again because I love the storylines.
    - If you don't know who else is on the V-Battalion's Penance Council you will by the end of this series...which will be finished in 2016.

Stay Tuned, True Believers! Next Episode- IT'S ALIVE!!!
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Wiccan's True Fan Irritating Hurricane Ferret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    26-27. Crystal: Earth-616 (multiple Earths). Saved the best for last...this Inhuman is amazing and will make every list she can be considered for.
    Stay Tuned, True Believers! Next Episode- IT'S ALIVE!!!
    1. Just Crystal's amazing? What about all the royal family? Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Karnak, Triton, Maximus, freakin Lockjaw!
    2. I will imagine that episode will be difficult.
    Shso IGN:My username.
    Fav hero in SHSO: Carnage
    Fav hero in Marvel Comics: You probably know

Currently: Waiting to Prestige EOTE Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Irritating Hurricane Ferret View Post
    1. Just Crystal's amazing? What about all the royal family? Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Karnak, Triton, Maximus, freakin Lockjaw!
    I LOVE the Inhuman Royal Family...but Crystal is the only one with pyrokinesis. The SW Inhuman book will mainly focus on Medusa and Triton, so it would be interesting to see who Gaz will give us.

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    I LOVE the Inhuman Royal Family...but Crystal is the only one with pyrokinesis. The SW Inhuman book will mainly focus on Medusa and Triton, so it would be interesting to see who Gaz will give us.
    We can't just have them. Never.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Irritating Hurricane Ferret View Post
    Codebreaker: Black Suit Spider-Girl!

"Here comes 'Mayday' Parker in her sleek black costume, ready for battle!"

P1: Web Burst
    P2: Static Cling!
    P3: Web Slingshot

My guess is she's next
    With today's Trivia Tuesday, you may be right. Wonder if she'll be boxed; there's no boxed female character yet.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    With today's Trivia Tuesday, you may be right. Wonder if she'll be boxed; there's no boxed female character yet.
    I can't imagine that Gaz will ever box a female. ESPECIALLY since Amora wasn't.

Nothing new in the code for me.

Default CBR Codebreaker Pictorial Report 4/8

1. spiderwoman_02 is in the files. Which new version of Jessica is anyone's guess. Or could it be...

2. Spider-Gwen's official Marvel name is Spider-Woman.

3. Ronan got some work...this excites me.

Stay Tuned, True Believers!
    Last edited by CenturianSpy; 04-08-2015 at 02:48 PM.

spiderwoman_02 is definitely Spider-Gwen. She just appeared in the main XML file with the character details. Ronan also just got his powers sketched out, so he is almost certain to be come out.

There hasn't been any work on Professor X, though. He first appeared in the code at the start of the year and other heroes who appeared after him have been released. Maybe they are holding him back until they can get enough heroes for an X-Men theme?

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    There hasn't been any work on Professor X, though. He first appeared in the code at the start of the year and other heroes who appeared after him have been released. Maybe they are holding him back until they can get enough heroes for an X-Men theme?
    It's odd what they're doing with Big Time Spidey and A.Loki, too. Holding the Loki back fro a AoU theme makes sense...but the BT Spidey thing has me puzzled.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    spiderwoman_02 is definitely Spider-Gwen. She just appeared in the main XML file with the character details. Ronan also just got his powers sketched out, so he is almost certain to be come out.
    Nice catch, Mags! I underestimated the sneakiness of Gaz by them adding the XML file a day later...

Immortal Cobra-La Member Nemesis Enforcer's Avatar

I wonder how long until we get a new Daredevil now that everyone is raving about the Netflix series?
    SHSO: Indescribable Count Watcher - 4400+
    Marvel Heroes: Scorpcookie

The Guy From ComicList Charles LePage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis Enforcer View Post
    I wonder how long until we get a new Daredevil now that everyone is raving about the Netflix series?
    Very rarely has Gazillion successfully timed a movie, comic or TV tie-in to SHSO. So, most likely, it will be well after the Daredevil series is forgotten.
    SHSO Squad: Squire Valiant Snail

Default Most Wanted Year by Year: 1939

I've decided to start a new "Most Wanted" series: Most Wanted Year by Year. Here, I'll take a look at the best characters created by Marvel every year from 1939, the year Marvel Comics #1 was published, to the present. Without further ado, I present the greatest Marvel characters created in 1939 who deserve to be playable in SHSO.

Golden Age Angel: Before Warren Worthington was the Angel, there was Thomas Halloway. Thomas was a crimefighter in possession of a magical item known as the Cape of Mercury which granted him the power of flight.
    Namor: Namor the Sub-Mariner is one of the game's most conspicuous absences, especially since many consider him to be Marvel's first superhero. Namor, the king of Atlantis, is the son of a human man and an Atlantean woman. After helping the Allies during World War II, he became a supporting cast member for the Fantastic Four and later a member of Marvel's Illuminati. He has standard Atlantean powers, such as strength and breathing underwater, as well as the mutant power of flight.
    Original Human Torch: The first Human Torch was, strangely, not human. He was an android created by Phineas Horton that ignited whenever exposed to oxygen. This Human Torch would be fairly easy to make, since he basically has the same powers as Johnny Storm. The original Human Torch also appeared in the Super Hero Squad Show, making him an obvious choice to add to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectacular Spider-Fan View Post
    I've decided to start a new "Most Wanted" series: Most Wanted Year by Year. I'll take a look at the best characters created by Marvel every year from 1939
    This is genius. I wish you luck. But, no Ka-Zar? Or are you considering his 1936 appearance disqualifying?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectacular Spider-Fan View Post
    Original Human Torch: The first Human Torch was, strangely, not human. He was an android created by Phineas Horton that ignited whenever exposed to oxygen. This Human Torch would be fairly easy to make, since he basically has the same powers as Johnny Storm. The original Human Torch also appeared in the Super Hero Squad Show, making him an obvious choice to add to the game.
    Jim Hammond just makes sense.
    Last edited by CenturianSpy; 04-12-2015 at 08:32 PM.