Do you ever think we'll get this Storm:

We definitely need a new Storm...
    SHSO Name: Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Signature Hero: Storm/Mohawk Storm
    Squad Level:1800+

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedTraveler View Post
    Do you ever think we'll get this Storm:

We definitely need a new Storm...
    I believe that if we get another Storm, would be this one! (We can dream)
    LGBT

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis Enforcer View Post
    I wonder how long until we get a new Daredevil now that everyone is raving about the Netflix series?
    I'd rather they put in a character that's not in the game than one we already have 3 or 4 versions of already. I rather see Namor finally show up since he was one of the original Squaddie figures in the two packs from around 5 years ago. I still have him along with a few I didn't give to my little nieces and nephew. Heck, a long time ago they had a SuperHero Squad mag and they had design sketches for a couple of new zones. It would be nice if they weren't abandoned. Or maybe expand the Daily Bugle Zone so that you could walk over into Daredevil's Hell's Kitchen neighborhood.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-18-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

oops...duplicate post
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-18-2015 at 10:43 AM.

Back in the early, early days of the game, there was a small expansion of the Bugle that included Oscorp.

I like the idea of zone expansion...if they could utilize teleport platforms like those in the missions in zones (and I'm more than sure they could), they could do a setup that allows players to teleport from Baxter Plaza to the Negative Zone and/or an Atlantis zone if any of those are ever green-lighted and/or can be afforded to program (Asgard took a cool $1 million+ to happen). Hell's Kitchen being there alongside Oscorp in the Bugle would be cool too. Based on the Deadpool concept art picture (which came to be used for the Strange Teleportation card), looks like K'un-Lun was being considered for a zone...too bad it hasn't happened.
    Last edited by Maven; 04-18-2015 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Added the Oscorp pic.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

The Guy From ComicList Charles LePage's Avatar

Here's a link to a 2010 article about the game that mentions the Oscorp building:

http://ifanboy.com/articles/hero-up-...-squad-online/
    SHSO Squad: Squire Valiant Snail

The Guy From ComicList Charles LePage's Avatar

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/16/m...with-jay-minn/

"He went on to show us around the Daily Bugle, one of the explorable zones in the game. He told us that the Bugle would be just one of numerous locations from the Marvel lore, such as OsCorp, the Baxter Building, and even Asteroid M."

"Obviously the hint of PvP lured us to ask more. "I can't tell you the details," Jay said. "But I can tell you for a fact that there will be various different kinds of PvP -- not just one, but many different kinds of PvP using these characters. And it's not what you think it is. It's not going to be like, just Call of Duty PvP, it's going to be really interesting.""
    SHSO Squad: Squire Valiant Snail

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'd rather they put in a character that's not in the game than one we already have 3 or 4 versions of already. I rather see Namor finally show up since he was one of the original Squaddie figures in the two packs from around 5 years ago. I still have him along with a few I didn't give to my little nieces and nephew. Heck, a long time ago they had a SuperHero Squad mag and they had design sketches for a couple of new zones. It would be nice if they weren't abandoned. Or maybe expand the Daily Bugle Zone so that you could walk over into Daredevil's Hell's Kitchen neighborhood.
    There is only 2, Storm and Mohawk Storm.
    I want a new Storm with new Moves.
    SHSO Name: Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Signature Hero: Storm/Mohawk Storm
    Squad Level:1800+

Most Wanted Year by Year: 1940

1X, 2X, & 3X: In the detective group known as the Three X's, 1X is the leader, 2X is the brains, and 3X is the muscle. I've loved detective stories since I was a kid, so I felt compelled to put the group on the list. However, they are some of the least likely characters to be added, considering that a) only one Golden Age character is playable, and 2) they don't have powers. Both of these categories need to be represented more, along with private investigators (where are Scorpion and Jessica Jones)?
    Aarkus: Most of us are hoping for a new Vision costume when the new Avengers movie comes out. But how many of you knew that the android wasn't Marvel's first character named Vision? The original Vision was an alien named Aarkus from a dimension known as Smokeworld. His powers include flight, teleportation, and control over gases.
    Flexo: Flexo the Rubber Man is a rubber robot operated by remote control. He was used by his inventors, the Williams brothers, to fight crime. In more recent times he was upgraded and joined Howard the Duck's alternate reality zombie-fighting team, the Ducky Dozen. Flexo is super-fast, strong, and can fly.
    Human Top: After a lab accident caused by a lightning bolt (Wow! Two origin story clichés at once!), Bruce Bravelle was given the powers of superfast spinning, flight, and durability when he crosses his wrists. He became the first Human Top and only appeared in two comics.
    Makkari: Makkari is a member of the Eternals, a race that can utilize cosmic energy to give themselves superpowers. Since Makkari is obsessed with speed, he focused on developing that rather than flight, teleportation, or energy projection. Makkari was actually mentioned in one episode of the Super Hero Squad Show.
    Red Raven: Red Raven was a child on a plane which crashed into Sky-Island, the home of flying Inhumans known as the Bird-People. The Bird-People raised Red Raven and gave him a suit that would allow him to fly. His weapon of choice is a mace, which hasn't yet been used in SHSO. Red Raven has been a member of both the Ducky Dozen and the Liberty Legion.
    Thin Man: Bruce Dickson discovered an extradimensional civilazation called Kalahia in the Himalayan Mountains. The Khalahians gave Bruce the ability to shift his molecules into sub-dimensional space, which lets him stretch, twist, or become two-dimensional.
    Toro: Thomas Raymond was the sidekick of the original Human Torch. He was originally a mutant, but was later retconned to have latent Inhuman genes. Toro has flight and fire powers, just like both Human Torches.

Since Bobby is coming out...maybe it's time for a new Ice-Man in SHSO. I'd accept either the Bendis-geometric unis or a proper bald Ice-Man.

Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Default July Secret Wars Solicitations

I'll add more content soon...I promise.

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Default Most Wanted Year by Year: 1941

11941 is the year that Captain America, SHSO's only golden age hero, was created. Let's take a look at the other characters created that year.

Black Marvel: When Daniel Lyons learned that his father's friend Man-To was dying, he underwent a series of trials to see whether he was worthy. Lyons managed to outrun a deer, swim faster than a salmon, and wrestle a bear. He was also an expert marksman. Lyons was given the identity of the Black Marvel and the responsibility to do good deeds. In more recent times, Black Marvel made a deal with Mephisto to get the costumes of four of Spider-Man's alternate identities, and gave them to a group called the Slingers. Black Marvel's costume also inspired the Mayor of Super Hero City's outfit.
    Blazing Skull: While in Japan, Mark Todd discovered a subterranean race of Skull-Men. They gave him pyrokinesis, super strength, durability, and the power to turn his head into a flaming skull.
    Blue Diamond: Elton Morrow discovered a piece of the Lifestone Tree in the Antarctic. Nazis destroyed the stone, which caused it to become embedded in Morrow's body. This gave him enhanced strength and durability.
    Bucky: I'm not quite sure why SHSO has both Winter Soldier and Bucky Cap, but not the classic Bucky. James Barnes was one of Marvel's few sidekicks. He had no powers, but was an excellent acrobat.
    Destroyer (Kevin Marlow): A German scientist gave Kevin Marlow a serum that enhanced his strength, speed, durability, and agility. Marlow became the crimefighter known as the Destroyer in Germany during the Golden Age.
    Fin: Peter Noble was an officer in the Navy who is the reincarnation of a Neptunian hero called the Fin. He then used this as his superhero alias after donning a costume enhancing his underwater movement. Fin can breathe underwater, possesses super-strength, and has a magical cutlass.
    Jack Frost: Jack Frost is a minature Frost Giant who was exiled to Midgard because of his size. He can create snow and ice like Iceman.
    Major Liberty: John Liberty was able to summon the spirits of American historical figures, like Paul Revere and Ethan Allen. This could be a really interesting gameplay mechanic.
    Patriot: Jeffrey Mace has been both the Patriot and one of the six Earth-616 Captain Americas (all of whom should be in SHSO, by the way). Patriot doesn't have any powers, but he does use a titanium shield.
    Silver Scorpion: Elizabeth Barstow used a powered suit her friend Professor Carson built in World War II. She became the Silver Scorpion. The suit had energy blasts and enhanced the wearer's durability.
    Thunderer: Marvel's first sonic-powered hero wasn't Black Bolt or Banshee. It was Jerry Carstairs, also known as the Thunderer. He built a costume which used a speaker loud enough to deafen people or even knock buildings down. This could apply a stun effect to mission enemies. SHSO needs at least one sound-based character.
    Whizzer: Robert Frank was bitten by a cobra, then injected with mongoose blood. This gave him the power of super-speed. At one point, Whizzer thought he was the father of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, but was later revealed not to be. Quicksilver really shouldn't be the game's only speedster.

Default Most Wanted Year by Year: 1942

1942 was a very slow year for new Marvel characters, likely due to the U.S. having just entered World War II. I was only able to find one semi-interesting superhero.

Citizen V: John Watkins was a British hero during World War II with no superpowers. However, SHSO does need more foreign characters (or ANY new characters) at the moment. Also, more recently, Baron Zemo posed as a new Citizen V,pretending to be the original's grandson. Zemo led the Thunderbolts under this guise. Either Citizen V would be a fairly unique character to play as.

Default Most Wanted Year by Year: 1943

Time for another one-character "list".

Miss America: Madeline Joyce gained superpowers when a bolt of lightning hit a device her uncle was working on. The machine granted her the abilities of flight, stamina, strength, durability, and X-ray vision. Miss America was married to the Whizzer, another Golden Age superhero. She was one of the most famous female Marvel superheroes in this time period.

Default Repaints, Retreads & Rehashes: Episode XXXV- It's Alive!

Who knew when the poet Lord Byron challenged his housebound (due to rain) summertime guests to write and share ghost stories that Mary Shelley would create one of the most iconic monsters, ever? And for everyone who knows Frankenstein knows someone who would correct them by telling them that Frankenstein was the doctor/scientist in the story and the monster was referred to as "the creature". "Frankenstein" has been part of the Marvel tradition since the early 50s during the Atlas Comics phase and was written by Stan Lee. But, his first 'Marvel' appearance was in X-Men #40...and he was in android form in that book. Since then, there have been numerous clones an incarnations. He's been a member of the Legion of Monsters, Legion of the Unliving, Fearsome Four (we're only missing Howard the Duck from this one), and the more recent Howling Commandos. He's even had a Nazi clone...which I think Gaz should just replace the swastika with the HYDRA logo. Some of these R3s are a stretch...but still logical. It's been over a month, let's do this:

• Repaint- AKA Reskin. An exact or near exact duplicate hero in terms of combo & PUs/HU. We have just a few of these in SHSO: AAIM, White Phoenix, Classic Daredevil, Avenging Wolverine etc.
    • Retread- Same hero different combos, PUs and HU. Examples: Swashbuckling Nightcrawler and Pirate Deadpool.
    • Rehash- Similar hero similar combo, PUs, and HU. Examples: Red Hulk, Rescue, Beta Ray Bill.

1-2. Frank: Earth-616. AKA "Big Frank". The Frankenstein Monster's look during the Murder Circus arc. Dapper and deadly.
    3. Adam: Earth-616. One of my favorite trade was the 4 part Bloodstone book. It introduced Elsa Bloodstone to Marvel and made the Frankenstein Monster a lovable and funny caretaker who helps Elsa fight vampires. A baseball hat and a shovel would be a must.
    4. Frankenstein: Earth-616/Earth-TRN173. The original Frankenstein was more based on the Universal Movie monster. What makes Earth-TRN173 interesting is that it exists in Earth-91119.
    5. Frankenstein: Earth-TRN123. From the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. You gotta love the SHIELD technology installed on his body.
    6. Frank, Clone of Frankenstein: Earth-616. Nick Fury and SHIELD clones Frankenstein to be part of a Clay Quartermain led, Howling Commandos team. A team of monsters tasked to kill terrorists. This is what comics should be.
    7. Franken-Castle: Earth-616/666. After Frank Castle (The Punisher) was killed by Daken, he was resurrected by Morbius and rebuilt by the Legion of Monsters. He mainly fought monster hunters led by Robert Hellsgaard. Frank was reverted back to human form after obtaining the Bloodstone from Ulysses and his daughter.
    8. Impossi-stein: Earth-616. One of the many forms Impossible Man took during his time with Silver Surfer. He also became Tom Impossiselleck.
    9. Chickenstein's Monster: Earth-8311. Larval Earth's version. I'm afraid of many veggies, too.
    10. Tombstone: Earth-616 (multiple Earths). Lonnie Lincoln was an albino streetfighter who became an enforcer for many crimelords (like #11 Hammerhead) and gangs (including the Maggia and the Hand). He filed his teeth to points and was injected by a drug called DiOx-3 which gave him super-strength and skin much like Luke Cage's.
    11. Hammerhead: Earth-616 (multiple Earths). Joseph H was a Russian immigrant who lied to girl (telling her he was Italian) and was beaten up by a bully. He followed the bully and girl to a movie (showing a Al Capone movie) theater and killed them both. There we was seen by a Maggia member who took Joe under his wing. After another fight Joe was taken to Dr. Jonas Harrow who gave him a steel/titanium skull with the pronounced flattop. This surgery also left Joseph with partial amnesia and made reverted his personality to the last thing he remembers seeing...the Al Capone character. Later (during the Civil War arc) he would get a adamantium upgrade to his skull (and some other strength enhancers) from Mr. Negative after a failed, adamantium bullet-ridden hit ordered by Kingpin.
    12-13. Golem: Earth-616. An animated statue filled with the lifeforce of the oppressed (and later on victims). The statue would glow with the Hebrew symbols for "truth" (emeth) and when one of the symbols was erased it formed "death" (meth) and the Golem would once again become inanimate (or turn to dust). Later versions had the Golem react to mystical scrolls (or 'shems' with names on them) placed in its mouth, and once removed from the mouth the Golem would once again be inanimate. It's interesting to see the Torah/Biblical links between Frankenstein and Golem from life creation/reanimation, to turning to dust, to even the name that Frankenstein picks for himself- Adam. The one that looks most like Frankenstein is Jacob Goldstein who was the brother of the Blue Bullet and worked with the Invader team.
    14-15. Zombie: Earth-616 (multiple-Earths). Simon Garth was created by Lee/Everett back in Atlas Comics' Menance #5 July '53. Lee and Everett's Zombie was credited for the inspiration from the 1954 Richard Matheson's book I Am Legend (which is credited for starting the modern Zombie/vampire movie genre). I Am Legend was later adapted for the movies in the 1964 Vincent Price film The Last Man on Earth, where Matheson used the nom de plume "Logan Swanson". Which inspired the book "Logan's Run" (which Marvel ran for a few series as well). Which inspired Marvel's Wein/Romita in creating James Howlett (Wolverine) AKA Logan. So, we have Stan Lee/Bill Everett to thank for all the Zombie culture we have today. And... Zombie led to the creation of Wolverine. FUN FACTS!
    16. Frankenstein's Monster: Marvel's Classic Comics version of Mary Shelley's work. I cut my teeth on my dad's old Western comics. But, the first comicbooks my folks bought me were these titles. My love of the classics and comicbooks were born.

Hope you learned something!

Take-Aways & Questions:
    - Realistically, getting another Frankenstein probably won't happen. But there is no reason that similar characters, especially Hammerhead, Tombstone, Zombie, and Franken-Castle shouldn't be considered.
    - Will we see Howard the Duck?
    - What does Gaz have planned for next Halloween? I sure hope it's monsters...
    - I hope Elsa and Ulysses Bloodstone come to SHSO.

Stay Tuned, True Believers! Next episode- Charlie (Gam)bit my finger!