Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    <laughs>Ugh! You're killing me, Mags! I just went throught the files again, I don't see Superior anywhere. Which file is he in?
    He's in the main XML file which I don't have handy at the moment (I'm on a different computer). You can search for spider_man_superior to find it. They only have the initial sketch of his powers, so he's still very early in development. He wasn't in the code two weeks though, so it's definitely a new hero.

Looks like Shadow won't be happy since he's "Superior" and Miles "Ultimate" Spider-Man's #1 hater.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    You left off Superior Spider-man. I think he just appeared in this update, though I haven't been keeping track that closely, so maybe he was around before.
    He's not worthy for this game. He's not kid friendly. He killed Peter. He should NOT be in this game.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-01-2014 at 03:46 AM.

The Guy From ComicList Charles LePage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    He's not worthy for this game. He's not kid friendly. He killed Peter. He should NOT be in this game.
    Should killers like Punisher or Wolverine be in the game?

Doc Ock is ALREADY in the game. Should they remove him?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-01-2014 at 03:46 AM.
    SHSO Squad: Squire Valiant Snail

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charles LePage View Post
    Should killers like Punisher or Wolverine be in the game?

Doc Ock is ALREADY in the game. Should they remove him?
    Wolverine and Punisher are different. They're Peter's friends they'd never kill him.
    And yes, they should remove Ock. It'll be 10000000% better without him

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I grew up on the re-runs of the awesome 60's Spider-man cartoon, I'd love some of the classic villains from those shows like Elektro, Rhino, Vulture & Sandman. J.J.Jameson needs to be part of the game in some form or other too, I'd like to have him standing out front of the Daily Bugle ready to lambaste any costumed super freak in his vicinity.
    How great would that be! If a Spidey character climbs up the right side of the Daily Bugle (the side with his office on the top floor), he opens the window and shakes his fist at them.

SHSO Quick Guides Creator the_key_24's Avatar

I'm bringing back the CBR Codebreaker Report to the thread that started it all.

Let's get started-

1. Gold Ultron (Playable): Now has his three PUs- 1. Encephalorays 2. Nanotech Boost 3. Double Trouble.

2. More Mayhem Missions (in-zone boss fights) coming: Lizard, Kingpin, Fin Fang Foom, Malekith, Ymir & Surtur, Ultron, Juggernaut, Mystique, Bullseye, Mysterio and Destroyer.

2a. Separating because this bigger news than #2's Mayhem Missions but still a Mayhem Mission: Dark Surfer.

3. Agent Venom: That's right! A symbiote with guns! Here's his three PUs: 1. Boom Time 2. Goin' Venom 3. Tongue Lashing.
    **** YEA!

Also, I think here's how the new Mayhem Missions will be set up...

Bugle:
    Lizard
    Kingpin
    Mysterio

Asgard:
    Malekith
    Ymir & Surtur
    Destroyer

Baxter Building:
    FFF
    Ultron
    Bullseye

Villainville:
    Juggy?
    Mystique?
    Dark Surfer

Possible new X-Men Zone:
    Juggernaut
    Mystique
    SHSO Squad Name: Squire Bird Mage
    Next DUEL Most Wanted List: Warriors of the New Age
    Next SOLO Most Wanted List: thwip, thwip, thwip

Default Gay/Bi-Sexual Pride Month Top 10 (or so)

In honor of National Gay/Bi-Sexual Pride month I have a Top 10 (or so) list of gay/bi-sexual characters. I know this list (and their sexualities, moreso) probably dooms any of these characters from making it into SHSO (you have Mystique, Gaz!) but they SHOULD be considered entrance for their popularity or uniqueness. A little History- Northstar was Marvel's first openly gay character 'coming out' in 1992. Before that, Marvel's editor-in-chief, Jim Shooter, was following guidelines from the CCA (Comics Code Authority). The CCA was set up BY the comic publisher to escape US government censorship/control. The CCA is now defunct, ending in 2011, after Archie comics finally left them. Archie comics now has several gay/bi-sexual characters. Here's my list:

1. Rawhide Kid: Johnny Bart AKA Johnny Clay has been around since 1955. He was recently retconned (2003) in Marvel's MAX series as a homosexual. SHSO needs Old West heroes/missions. I'd love to see knife throwing and quickdrawing PUs & HU.
    2. Daken: Wolvie's most famous kid's (I smell another compendium) real name is Akihiro. He can have an amalgam of Wolvie's PUs/HUs, but I'd want another Claw Slash (Regular Wolvie's P1).
    3. Northstar: Jean-Paul Beaubier (Martin) came out in 1992, before that he didn't date women because he wanted to be a champion skier (John Byrne's plot device because no one was allowed to have openly gay/bi-sexual characters). I'd love to see more Alpha Flight in SHSO. I'd like to see him have a P2 solo-shield boost from his super-kinetic skin ability.
    4. Hulkling: The son of the Kree Captain Marvel and a Skrull can shape-shift with the best of them. This Young Avenger goes by both Dorrek VIII and Theodore "Teddy" Altman. He should have regenerative healing, a claw attack, and a winged attack.
    5. Union Jack: Brian Falsworth was the second Union Jack. His father, Lord James Montgomery Falsworth was the first. Like his father he was excellent with a 6" dagger and a .455 Webley revolver, both would make excellent multiple PUs and an HU.
    6. Rictor: I love Julio Esteban "Ric" Richter's old X-Men uniform. SHSO needs a seismic hero. I wouldn't even mind if Gaz re-used some of the ground-disrupting graphics from Thing and Hulk.
    7. Wiccan: Scarlet Witch created his soul while making him (and his brother Speed) to be her & Vision's sons. Wiccan, AKA Billy Kaplan, should have a Team Health boost and Team Shield boost (via magical force fields) to go along with lightning and pyrokinetic attacks.
    8. Ms. America: America Chavez is the 2nd Miss America. There is actually a 3rd Ms. America who is current along with America Chavez. America Chavez came out AND has two lesbian moms. She has similar powers to Sentry.
    9. Shatterstar: Gaveedra-Seven, AKA Benjamin Russell, is the possible son (definite clone) of Longshot. He is a swordsman whose swords can create shockwaves.
    10. Lightspeed: I'd prefer the non-sexual kid "Power Pack" version of Julie Power, but she has grown up. She should have her Kymellion healing power as one of her PUs as well as having her rainbow trail follow her on her flights and racetrack hotspot romps.
    11. Anole: Victor "Vic" Borkowski is a wall-crawling, health-regenerating, and tongue-lashing X-Men. I would love to see himb lose limbs in an emote and grow bigger/stronger ones.
    12. Destroyer: Roger Aubrey is the third character to don this Destroyer's uniform. The first was Keen Marlow, the second was Brian Falsworth (before he became the 2nd Union Jack). The interesting thing is that all three characters used that moniker in the same time on the same Earth. Destroyer is also known as Stan Leee's first popular character.
    13. Martyr/Quasar: Another child of the Kree captain Marvel, Phyla-Vell now possesses a Quantum Sword and maintains powers similar to her dad's.
    14. Living Laser: SHSO could use a pure electrical hero, Miguel Santos could be its first.
    15. Jackpot: The current jackpot is Alana Jobson. She bought the identity from Sara Ehret THEN Alana Jobson changed her name to Sara Ehret, too!
    16. Karma: Xi'an Coy Manh, is a swordsman and can psionically posess other creatures. That would make an interesting PU/HU.
    17. Graymalkin: Jonas has nigh invulnerabilty in the dark. It would be neat to see a "turn off the lights" type of PU/HU.
    18. Karolina Dean: Runaway fans also know her as Lucy in the Sky (gay and a drug reference? good luck making it into a kids' game). Karolina can manipulates solar light energy to generate lasers, concussive blasts, and forcefields.
    19. Inertia: Edith Eddy Freiberg has the ability to transfer inertia.
    20. Striker: This Avenger Academy member is also a pure electric hero.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Thanks for this list Centurion, I would add Destiny but it's hard to think how her powers could work in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    He's on the DNU list sadly
    How do you know that? And who else is on that list? thanks

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default Marvel Mangaverse: X-Men

Konnichi wa! If Marvel licenses the Mangaverse incarnation of its characters for Gazillion to use, then I'd like to see them in the game (with anime-style eyes and all that). Some have just minor variations visualy from their 616 originals, but others are radically different. From the cover of Marvel Mangaverse: X-Men we have (left to right, top to bottom):
    1. Storm: The buns are distinct from her flowing locks and mohawk 'do. That's enough for me!
    2. Rogue: Green-tinted hair. Oh my.
    3. Jean Grey: C'mon, who misses either of Jean's classic yellow on green costumes. The current yellow X on blue is just plain for me.
    4. Cyclops: How about that? A round visor for Scott? And he can shoot the beam in a cone as well.
    5. Wolverine: Energy claws! Psylocke ain't got a monopoly on energy weapons anymore.
    6. Mirage: So what if the original New Mutants are on the DNU list? Mangaverse Mirage kicks butt, and her subconscious-based powers have real-world effects.

That's just a start. I'll go through the rest of the Mangaverse later.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Storm: The buns are distinct from her flowing locks and mohawk 'do. That's enough for me!
    That's just a start. I'll go through the rest of the Mangaverse later.
    They're called "afro puffs" not "buns", I want them on Misty Knight, too! And this list is FANTASTIC!!! I LOVE THEM!!!

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default Marvel Mangaverse: Fantastic Four

They're called "afro puffs" not "buns",
    Learn something new everyday!

Next is everyone's favorite foursome, with a twist. Now we've read that Future Foundation Reed, Sue, Ben are already planned (and hopefully, a Negative Zone/Annihilation Wave/Light Brigade Human Torch will follow), but there's room for more, in my opinion. What's interesting about them is that for most of their appearances in the Mangaverse they didn't actually have powers themselves; instead they controlled mechas/exoskeletons with the powers. So imagine Super-Skrull sized Fantastic Four mechas. From the cover:
    1. Annihilus: He's more of a mechanical being here. Now if boss Loki has two costumes, why not Annihilus?
    2. Mister Fantastic: Super-genius but also super-one-night-stand-guy, at least at first.
    3. Invisible Woman: Real name is Sioux Storm.
    4. Thing: Still ever-lovin' and blue-eyed.
    5. Human Torch: This torch is a… woman! Meet Jonatha Storm, Sioux's sister.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Default Alphabet Top 10 (or so) "P" List

So, it looks like no update but Gaz slid in a Crisis mission. Hope Gaz is working on some cool stuff...here's my Top 10 +15 list of "P" characters not yet in game:

1. Professor X: Charles Xavier might be the single most glaring omission in this game. The only logical conclusion is that FOX Studios is not allowing Gaz to add him. I have no idea if he is on the DNU list, but I do have ideas on possible PUs/HU. they are mostly comic things that pop out of his chair like a giant boxing glove attached to a spring. Chuck should also have a psychic Team Shield and Speed boost. I also wouldn't mind a 'death from above', giant-psychic pineapple attack.
    2. Pulsar/Photon: Monica Rambeau, AKA Spectrum AKA Captain Marvel, makes almost all of my lists. And she SHOULD. I want to use Monica in a Bourbon Street mission with PUs/HU along the lines of: Force rays, holograms, and miniature Monicas from an energy split. Let's add another female to the game!
    3. Phantom Rider: 4 words- OLD WEST GHOST RIDER. Richard "Dick" Ayers one of the most important people in Marvel history recently passed away. I'd love to see a horse-rider in missions, but if Slade's steed only ran on the racetracks I'd still squeal. I'd love shotgun, rifle, and hogtying PUs/emotes to go along with a gun-slinging combo.
    4. Puck: Who doesn't want this diminutive Alpha Flight-er doing all types of cartwheels and somersault attacks? I'd also like to see him work his mystic abilities in a Solo Speed, Armor, and Damage Boost.
    5. Polaris: Lorna Dane is Magneto's daughter and has the same powers. I'd love to hear the dialogue with Havok.
    6. Pyro: I think we all know who the Brotherhood member, Saint-John Allerdyce is. I think it would be nice to have him have a fire animal construct as one of his PUs or HU. He's make a fine boss or sub-boss in a Magneto level, but it would be best to fight multiple Brotherhood members in one mission.
    7. Power Princess: Princess Zarda (if I don't have enough "Z" characters she'll make that list, too) and her purple Utopian outfit would be great in SHSO. She might be Marvel's "Wonder Woman" and has a clear Utopian shield and often throws discuses at her enemy. A spinning discus attack would make an amazing PU/HU.
    8. Prodigy: Ritchie Gilmore got his Prodigy costume from the Black Marvel (The Mayor of Superhero City was designed after the Black Marvel) who added the red cape (to the Peter Parker's Identity Crisis uniform) that helps Ritchie 'fly' (it's actually gliding after his superjump). So, Ritchie should have flight, megajump, and the upcoming "glide" for in-zone movements. He should have a bruiser melee combo and PUs/HU.
    9. Power Man: Victor Alvarez is the third hero to use that name. Luke Cage and Erik Josten used it first. I think Victor's combo should make him glow redder and redder as his stars increase, but that would be hard to program, so I'd take red-glowing PUs/HU.
    10. Patriot: Eli Bradley originally lied about receiving his superpowers from his Grandpa, Isaiah Bradley- the 'Black' Captain America. He was actually using MGH (Mutant Growth Hormone). He then was severely hurt and needed a blood transfusion from his grandpa, making his powers permanent. He has a triangle shield and many throwing stars, which would make easy PUs/HU.
    11. Prodigy: Peter Parker in one of his Identity Crisis uniforms. I think we'll get IM and Spidey alts on a regular basis.
    12. Pixie: Megan should be able to fly, teleport, and summon her Souldagger. She should also have a hallucination PU that gives a Team Boost in Speed and Damage.
    13. Paladin: A purple mercenary armed with stun and gas guns along with normal weapons. I want to hear convos between him and the other Heroes for Hire as well as Captain America.
    14. Pete Wisdom: I want an Excalibur theme! Pete Wisdom should have a British accent and shoot his "hot knives" for various combo moves and for his PUs/HU.
    15. Prowler: Hobie Brown gets his powers from his supersuit. He has wrist gauntlets that shoot different projectiles like darts, gas bombs, & explosives. Along with his steel-tipped gauntlets, these would make excellent PUs/HU. Hobie should be able to glide and wall crawl in zones.
    16. Patriot: Jeffrey Mace was a member of the Liberty Legion and All-Winners Squad. He first appeared in 1941. He works as a Journalist in the Daily Bugle. He was the third Captain America. I'd love a Golden Age theme.
    17. Penance: I'd prefer Robbie Baldwin's Speedball costume. But, the Penance outfit with all of the spikes is pretty cool, even if all the internal spikes are pretty disturbing. Creating force fields and storm fields would make pretty cool PUs or an HU, but will Gaz bring a S&M character to the game. It's not like I'm asking for Leather Boy...
    18. Psi-Hawk: (from my bird compendium)
    The first Psi-Hawk was created by a group called Psi Force, but the second was the cousin of the leader (Emmitt Proudhawk) of Psi Force, Michael Proudhawk. Psi-Hawk is a pyrotechnic via psionic energy.
    Psi-Hawk should fly, of course, and should have pyrokinetic bolts.
    19. Psi-Lord: Any Fantastic Force love out there? Psi-Lord is another dimension's Franklin Richards (Mr. F. and Invisible Woman's kid). I'd love to fight Hyperstorm with Franklin's psionic blasts.
    20. Plant-Man: Sam Smithers was in the greatest episode of SHS, "O Captain, My Captain". I want to fight him as Captain Lichtenstein, Brazil, Australia, or Canada.
    21. Perro: If you like the genetic drift storyline of the Children of the Vault, then you want this bruiser.
    22. Paragon: Maya (created a video game) is an Amazon Warrior who was given the same chemical treatments and training as The Imperfects. She can shoot energy blasts from her body as well as fight with her augmented blades that can come out of her skin like X-23, Daken, and Wolvie.
    23. Payback: A SHIELD agent and Symbiote, True Believer's Mavis Trent gets stronger the happier she gets.
    24. Penance: AKA Hollow. I'm starting to really enjoy the Generation X books and would like to have an Emplate mission where I can beat him up with his cursed sister.
    25. Panther: Earth-1119's son of Black Panther and Storm

Big list, hope you enjoyed it! I'll probably have to add "Q" and "R" together for next time...we'll see!

1. Professor X: Charles Xavier might be the single most glaring omission in this game. The only logical conclusion is that FOX Studios is not allowing Gaz to add him. I have no idea if he is on the DNU list, but I do have ideas on possible PUs/HU. they are mostly comic things that pop out of his chair like a giant boxing glove attached to a spring. Chuck should also have a psychic Team Shield and Speed boost. I also wouldn't mind a 'death from above', giant-psychic pineapple attack.

Big list, hope you enjoyed it! I'll probably have to add "Q" and "R" together for next time...we'll see!
    Prof X is definitely the most glaring omission. He is by far the most famous Marvel universe character who is not in the game already. I doubt he's on the DNU list since he appears in Marvel Heroes, and he was shown as an upcoming hero long ago. I wonder if they are having issues with the wheelchair aspect and can't think of ways to make him more combat active.

Also, I'd really like to see your top ten "Q" list

In honor of National Gay/Bi-Sexual Pride month I have a Top 10 (or so) list of gay/bi-sexual characters. I know this list (and their sexualities, moreso) probably dooms any of these characters from making it into SHSO (you have Mystique, Gaz!) but they SHOULD be considered entrance for their popularity or uniqueness. A little History- Northstar was Marvel's first openly gay character 'coming out' in 1992. Before that, Marvel's editor-in-chief, Jim Shooter, was following guidelines from the CCA (Comics Code Authority). The CCA was set up BY the comic publisher to escape US government censorship/control. The CCA is now defunct, ending in 2011, after Archie comics finally left them. Archie comics now has several gay/bi-sexual characters.
    Nice list. Though, I think Northstar is the only one who's famous enough to make it into the game. His powers overlap with Quicksilver's as well, so it wouldn't be too much work to add him.

I would actually prefer Karolina since light powers would be a fun addition, but I think they would add Dazzler before her.

Prof X is definitely the most glaring omission. He is by far the most famous Marvel universe character who is not in the game already. I doubt he's on the DNU list since he appears in Marvel Heroes, and he was shown as an upcoming hero long ago. I wonder if they are having issues with the wheelchair aspect and can't think of ways to make him more combat active.
    Yeah, Charles was pictured on the CC11 list, but so was Bishop, and we know he is on the DNU list. I think the movie studios who own the licenses to characters that couldn't support their own video game (for example- Spider-Man games sell, a Prof. X game would not) should allow video game producers to utilize these characters for it only helps them advertise their movies by growing the genre. As far as the "wheelchair aspect", I think the MODOK animations- and to a lesser extent, my suggestions- show that a body in a machine could have sensible attacks.

Also, I'd really like to see your top ten "Q" list
    Challenge accepted. I actually found more than I need!

Nice list. Though, I think Northstar is the only one who's famous enough to make it into the game. His powers overlap with Quicksilver's as well, so it wouldn't be too much work to add him.
    I think about the fame aspect constantly on these lists, and realize that after 5-7 heroes on each list the chance of getting a hero is close to zero. Some lists that number of viable characters end at #2. It would be interesting to see how Gaz measures fame and how it is weighted in adding characters. The Rawhide Kid (my #1) has the longest run and sold the most books out of all these heroes, including having his own titles, but most of his fans are older than me. So, his modern day fame level is low while his all-time fame level is off the relative charts. I also think the current most famous character would be Daken, almost everyone has some level of Wolverine fanboydom and Daken is Wolvie's most popular kid. Next, I think Wiccan and Hulkling would rank on a fame-o-meter ahead of Northstar. And Gaz would give us a Joey Chapman Union Jack LONG before Brian Falsworth. I just hope the list isn't moot.