Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    Nice list. Though, I think Northstar is the only one who's famous enough to make it into the game. His powers overlap with Quicksilver's as well, so it wouldn't be too much work to add him.

I would actually prefer Karolina since light powers would be a fun addition, but I think they would add Dazzler before her.
    What we need then is Northstar and his sister Aurora!
    SHSO - Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 4700+

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    Yeah, Charles was pictured on the CC11 list, but so was Bishop, and we know he is on the DNU list. I think the movie studios who own the licenses to characters that couldn't support their own video game (for example- Spider-Man games sell, a Prof. X game would not) should allow video game producers to utilize these characters for it only helps them advertise their movies by growing the genre. As far as the "wheelchair aspect", I think the MODOK animations- and to a lesser extent, my suggestions- show that a body in a machine could have sensible attacks.
    I forgot about MODOK. It's true that he could play in a very similar way to Prof X. I think he definitely should be included in the game, since it's a very high profile omission.

I also think the current most famous character would be Daken, almost everyone has some level of Wolverine fanboydom and Daken is Wolvie's most popular kid. Next, I think Wiccan and Hulkling would rank on a fame-o-meter ahead of Northstar. And Gaz would give us a Joey Chapman Union Jack LONG before Brian Falsworth. I just hope the list isn't moot.
    I disagree. Northstar's wedding was featured in mainstream news outlets with far bigger reach than CBR or comic news sites. Even if people are only aware of that one event, Northstar's pop culture awareness is much higher than anyone else on the list. Daken/Wiccan/Hulkling are only familiar to comic-reading fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    What we need then is Northstar and his sister Aurora!
    That would be nice. But instead they keep releasing more Iron Men and Spider-Men clones.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    I disagree. Northstar's wedding was featured in mainstream news outlets with far bigger reach than CBR or comic news sites. Even if people are only aware of that one event, Northstar's pop culture awareness is much higher than anyone else on the list. Daken/Wiccan/Hulkling are only familiar to comic-reading fans.
    Just ran my keyword programs using each of the characters (Daken, Northstar, Wiccan, Hulkling) with the list caveat of "Marvel" to narrow the search terms. Daken led by far (averaging a 37% margin with a 2.3% variant over Northstar), 2nd place was Northstar edging out Wiccan (less than 2.1% difference- Wiccan was actually higher in one of the five programs) with Hulkling a distant 4th. In non-actuary terms this suggests that Daken is almost twice (minimally 1.575X) as popular as Northstar (in internet terms- searches/postings). I ran Daken up against Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Daredevil, and Mr. Fantastic and Daken beat Mr. Fantastic in internet popularity over the last 5 years. Most of the other heroes are between 7x to 48x more popular (Wolverine then Spider-Man are the highest) than Daken.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Default Alphabet Top 10 (or so) "Q" List

I'm surprised I found more than 10 that started with "Q"...but Marvel does have 35,000 characters...

1. Quake: Daisy Johnson is a seismic-powered SHIELD agent. SHSO is missing a pure seismic character, I'd like to see her have similar ground breaking attacks like Thing & Hulk as well as a large "Ground Zero" HU.
    2. Quentin/Quintavius Quire: AKA Kid Omega. Quentin is another omega-level, psionic mutant. This flying X-Men has shown Team healing powers, psionic tentacles, psionic mind attacks, and a "psychic shotgun"- easily his 4 PUs/HU. The only thing that might hold him back (other than the DNU list) is that he is hooked on a drug called "kick" in the books.
    3. Quasar: AKA Phyla-Vell, Martyr, Captain Marvel. Quasar is the daughter of the Kree Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell). She has her dad's same powers with the Quantum bands, but also wields the Quantum sword.
    4. Quicksand: We would all rather have Sandman, but I would like to have his female equivalent. I imagine giant sand fist attacks, giant sand-swords or whips, sand waterfalls. Now I really want Sandman...
    5. Quark: First of two 'Quarks' on this list. This is the genetically engineered, goat-slave race version from the Mojoverse. This friend of Longshot has that 'luck-generating' power that should give him a solo Damage & Energy boost. He should also be able to teleport and wield diffferent guns & melee weapons. Let's get some Mojo stuff in the game, Gaz!
    6. Quasar: Wendall Vaughn also possesses the Quantum bands. He also has the Star Brand that allows for self-healing- a "Star Brand" 2nd PU is obvious. Wendall often uses the psionic energy to create psionic constructs, most notably nunchukas.
    7. Quill: Max Jordan is the 4th Marvel Quill. He is a Xavier student and a member of Cyclop's Corsairs Team. I should say "was" because this porcupined, quill-shooting hero is dead.
    8. Quark: Quark made my list because I wanted to give the Microverse/Enigma Force some love. It would be interesting to see what could be done by Gaz to get some Microverse love. I'd like to see some Microverse mini-missions accessible by using a shrink potion.
    9. Quasimodo: Quasimodo is a computer created by the Mad Thinker who gained sentience. Silver Surfer built him his body which disgusted the computer out of jealousy (he saw how his form was ugly compared to Silver Surfer's) and he became a bad guy because of it. He later works for Norman Osborn and would make for a fine sub-boss in an Oscorp mission.
    10. Qnax: AKA Amphibion. He is a spear & sword fighting underwater behemoth. We need some underwater missions ASAP.
    11. Quantum: AKA Lomen. This Dakkamite has the "strong force" power which grants him super-strength, flight, and the power to make multiples of himself. He is most famously known for teaming up with Graviton.
    12. Quagmire: Giggity, giggity. This villain can wall-crawl and send out a super-sticky ooze created from Quagmire's ability to call up Dark Force particles.
    13. Quill: Marvel's 2nd Quill. Surprise, he has porcupine quills that he can shoot out. He was a member of the Resistants and fought alongside of Plantman.
    14. Q'Wake: This Force Work's enemy is a seismic villain who is a servant to the Mandarin.

Hope you liked it!

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Great Q list, learned a lot as always!
    SHSO Name: Indescribable Frost Baron

Default Pictorial Codebreaker Report

New Addition: Look who's back...it's Anti-Venom. Sure he's only a Voice Interaction (new code), BUT, his long dormant coding has been updated again. This fits for the four would make a nice Spidey theme.

That leaves...

He fits no theme...makes me speculate whether he will be craftable or the new World Event hero (1 year anniversary was June 6th with no fanfare or change).

Why Impossible Man? A few weeks ago I posted 12 new Mayhem Missions...now there's 13. Very interesting.
    Last edited by CenturianSpy; 06-12-2014 at 01:56 PM. Reason: spelling errors abound

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

So they're moving around the mayhem villains to make room for more, and lowered the fractal reward for adamantium for agents from 4 to 3. Impy will be in Baxter Plaza as an FF character I assume,
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm surprised I found more than 10 that started with "Q"...but Marvel does have 35,000 characters...
    No Captain Quebec!??!?!

SHSO - Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 4700+

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    No Captain Quebec!??!?!
    Captain Canada Wolverine would say something about that.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Default Alphabet Top 10 (or so) "R" Characters (Part 1)

Going to be busy on Thursday, so I'm posting this now. Enjoy!

1. Rocket Raccoon: Rocket almost didn't make my list because I believe he is inevitable. That said, he needs to be in the game. Him and his two laser pistols and other assorted arsenal.
    2. Rawhide Kid: I want tumbleweeds. I want stagecoaches. I want cacti. I want bandits. I want horses running around the racetracks. I want Old West heroes & villains & missions. I want a six-gun sharpshooter. Will his recently retconned homosexuality prevent him from entering SHSO?
    3. Rictor: Julio Richter's seismic powers would be welcome to SHSO. Will his homosexuality keep him out? If it doesn't I'd love to see his 4 PUs/HU all be based on the Richter scale. Gaz can be clever with names like "6.0 on the Rictor Scale".
    4. Red Guardian: If there was a Captain Russia in Marvel it would be Red Guardian. Whether you like him leading the Winter Guard or the Soviet Super Soldiers. Whether you like the Black Widow's husband (Alexei Shostakov), or you prefer the Steel Guardian, or the Vanguard version...or one of the other eight versions. I'd like to see a Red Guardian in the game with his belt-buckle disc as a special.
    5. Ronin: So many Ronins! Do you want the Clint Barton (Hawkeye), Eric Brooks (Blade), Maya Lopez (Echo), Alexei Shostakov (Red Guardian- reread #4!), or Marc Spector (Moon Knight) version? The answer should be "Yes, as long as he/she has nunchukas".
    6. Ronan the Accuser: This Kree will be in the new GotG movie, so he may get the missions IF we get a GotG theme. If he does make it to SHSO, he better have a "Universal Weapon" attack.
    7. Red Sonja: This practically clad (right, Raven?) sword-wielding warrior is actually owned by a couple of distribution/production companies. Is her scale armor (scale mail) to racy for SHSO? Will the Comic Buyer's Guide "#1 Sexiest Woman" be TOO sexy for SHSO? "So sexy, it hurts."- Right Said Fred
    8. Red Wolf: Remember Red Wolf beer? It was horrible. Any of the four Red Wolves would be welcomed. I'd prefer either the Old West comics version of Johnny Wakely or the newer version, William Tall Trees. Red Wolf uses a hunting knife, bow and arrow, tomahawk, and most importantly, a coup stick. 4 weapons = 4 PUs/HU. Though a coup stick combo would be appropriate.
    9. Rhino: Another victim of the DNU list (damn you Sony-Marvel licenses!). It gives me some hope that Aleksei Mikhailovich Sytsevich appears in Gaz's MH...but not much. I'd prefer him unmechanized.
    10. Red Ronin: Marvel's response to the large robots of early 70's anime. This 100 foot tall robot could bring on a new class of giant-sized villain missions.
    11. Red Raven: Marvel's FIRST winged hero (Aug. 1940). I'm a sucker for historical Marvel. His backstory was retconned to have him be a small boy/sole survivor of a plane crash on a floating, hidden island populated by an offshoot of the Inhumans called Winged Ones (Bird-People). They created the graviton suit with wings for Red Raven as well as arming him a ray-gun and anti-gravity gun.
    12. Red Shift: I would love a Galactus theme with 3-5 of his Heralds. Red Shift wields the Power Cosmic along with his two swords. Or at least he used too, he's dead.

Default Alphabet Top 10 (or so) "R" Characters (Part 2)

(cntd)

13. Ricochet: Another awesome theme that could give Gaz TWO themes. The first could be a Black Marvel theme with his group the Slingers (this could also include The Mayor of Superhero City because The Mayor's outfit is based on the Black Marvel). The other theme could be Spidey retreads. Johnny Gallo wears the Ricochet outfit equipped with discs that can bounce and explode.
    14. Rockslide: A Hellion theme would be SWEET. And adding this rock-morphing bruiser would be great. Santo Vaccarro can blow-up his body and reform. He can shoot off fiery parts of his body. These would make for spectacular animations for his PUs/HU.
    15. Raza Longknife: A Starjammer theme would be SWEET. This Cyborg can turn his Cyborg parts (arm) into various Shi'ar weapons including knives and guns.
    16. Ricochet: I think we're close to getting another Spidey theme (Lizard, Agent Venom, Superior, and Anti-Venom), but the Spidey Theme that I want is the Identity Crisis. AND I LOVE Peter's Ricochet look.
    17. Red Ghost: The main reason I want Ivan Kragoff is his Super-Apes (Mikhlo, Igor, and Peotr). I think fighting all four of them in a boss level would be hilarious. I want Ivan to have freeze guns, force fields, and his cosmictronic gun. I think some Russia/Siberia missions would look amazing too.
    18. Ringmaster: Who doesn't want a circus/carnival mission? Gaz could reuse the circus/carnival missions for spooky Halloween missions, too. AND if you have a circus you have to have the Ringmaster. I want to fight off a bunch of clowns and carneys and have The Ringmaster use his Cosmic ring and portable nullifier to trick teams into fighting themselves (it'd be cool if one of his attacks was changing everyone into a clone of him so you don't know who to attack).
    19. Ringo Kid: You gotta love a list that has three Old West characters on it. I want Rand to ride around on his horse Arab in the zones.
    20. Riptide: I actually liked X-Men: First Class and having a Riptide who sends out his calcium spikes and shurikens could only be bested by having his boss, Mr. Sinister in SHSO.
    21. Romulus: Any Wolvie fan want Wolvie's #1 enemy in the game. I figure that someday Romulus will be revealed to be Wolvie's true father. His Addy-clawed gauntlets and japanese-styled missions would be amazing in SHSO.
    22. Ripjak: A HG Wells Martian with Spider-Man's blood. Sounds about right.
    23. Ruckus: I want all the Nasty Boys in SHSO. And when are we going to get a sonic character, Gaz?

Should've posted this on "Sound like a pirate Day"...

Can you tell me, who else besides Rhino is on the DNU list? Thanks
    Phantom Forest Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Arnier View Post
    Can you tell me, who else besides Rhino is on the DNU list? Thanks
    DNU list is closely guarded. We've seen Bishop, Carnage, New Warriors, and the majority of the Sony/FOX movie casts.

DNU list is closely guarded. We've seen Bishop, Carnage, New Warriors, and the majority of the Sony/FOX movie casts.
    But Lizard is also in the game, so why not Rhino, Especially if he won't be mechanic?
    Phantom Forest Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Arnier View Post
    But Lizard is also in the game, so why not Rhino, Especially if he won't be mechanic?
    It all depends on who owns the licenses for a particular character. So, I'd assume that whoever owned Lizard's granted/sold his license to Gaz and whoever holds Rhino's licenses did not. There is NO rhyme or reason for who is on the list, and we are NOT privy to the list.