Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Original Sin #1 Spoilers

Pretty good issue, particularly if you like mysteries I think. Considering the Illuminati story a few years ago not sure if we're far enough away from that little story to think anyone is trustworthy. I reviewed it with pictures here if anyone is interested.

The issue opens with a brief intro of The Watcher, then cuts to Cap, Wolverine, Nick Fury and Black Widow eating at a diner and talking about steak. Widow is adamant bear steak would be better, but Cap and Nick quickly shoot her down with a story from World War 2 that adds just enough color to spice things up. They quickly get called to the Moon and The Watcher is found dead. As far as murder mysteries go there are a ton of tiny details that are brought up to keep you guessing. Writer Jason Aaron does a great job with character tinges that add a bit of flavor to the dark and brooding story going on. Since this is a mystery, Aaron quickly establishes that everyone is a suspect, and of course Nick Fury of all people probably shouldn’t be trusted. There’s an Illuminati vibe going through this book that makes even the staunchest heroes unnerving.

Some biggest spoiler in this issue I can make out is that spoilers:
    Nick Fury is seen holding a green glowing object similar to the bullet pulled out of The Watcher while talking to Black Panther. The second is he's talking to someone about the case while on the Moon, then Cap asks him who he's talking to and he doesn't say. Clearly Nick knows something and won't say what it is...but it's an "original sin."
    end of spoilers

What did you guys think?
    Last edited by Nosocialize; 05-07-2014 at 11:07 AM.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Question is, who are these people:

spoilers:
    villain.JPG
    end of spoilers

Great set up in my opinion. I thought all the character moments were a lot of fun, plus Aaron's oddball group of hero team ups. I think this has some potential to be really good.

Oh, and those two people might be Oubliette the Exterminatrix and Jason Aaron's favorite villain, The Orb.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Great set up in my opinion. I thought all the character moments were a lot of fun, plus Aaron's oddball group of hero team ups. I think this has some potential to be really good.

Oh, and those two people might be Oubliette the Exterminatrix and Jason Aaron's favorite villain, The Orb.
    Yep, that's exactly who it appears to be. I believe bleeding cool actually ran a story showing a cover that did feature both of them on it.

This issue had a great set up. So far it's good and I'm cautiously optimistic about the series as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Wow, I've been reading comics for over a decade and I've never heard of them! The red hair seems to be a giveaway as far as Oubliette, but is that white hair? Maybe it's a sheet or cloak hiding the eye.
    Last edited by Nosocialize; 05-07-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Yep, that's exactly who it appears to be. I believe bleeding cool actually ran a story showing a cover that did feature both of them on it.

This issue had a great set up. So far it's good and I'm cautiously optimistic about the series as a whole.
    Any chance you have that cover handy?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Any chance you have that cover handy?
    Here's the url:http://http://www.bleedingcool.com/2...rom-july-2014/

Wow, I've been reading comics for over a decade and I've never heard of them! The red hair seems to be a giveaway as far as Oubliette, but is that white hair? Maybe it's a sheet or cloak hiding the eye.
    Well this is for all who don't know them, Oubliette is the daughter of Dr.Midas(who might also be in this, he turned himself into the thing as well as gained the other fantastic four members powers) and (ex?)girlfriend to Noh-Varr of the Young Avengers. The Orb is a ghost Rider villain who's head is a giant eyeball, who's obsessed with eyes. He's also Aaron's favorite villain who shows up in a lot of what he writes.

However these are b-list villains, so I don't think they personally killed the Watcher.

Do we know if Aaron is writing this entire series or if it's by committee like past events?

Just checked. Yes he does. Wow that's a lot.
    Last edited by Nosocialize; 05-07-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: checked

Mighty Member

Do we know if Aaron is writing this entire series or if it's by committee like past events?

Just checked. Yes he does. Wow that's a lot.
    Aaron is writing he entire main series.

BANNED

Question is, who are these people:

spoilers:
    villain.JPG
    end of spoilers
    dude in red is definitely the Orb. that thing in front of them is probably one of those Mindless Ones. no idea on the woman. I would have said Oubliette. but she's not wearing the face mask.

I haven't read issue one yet. May I ask what the focus was?

I thought issue 0 was great, I've loved the interactions between Sam and the watcher in the nova series but if the focus of original sin has shifted I'm not sure I'll keep up with this event until it's in trades.

Quote Originally Posted by CartooN View Post
    I haven't read issue one yet. May I ask what the focus was?

I thought issue 0 was great, I've loved the interactions between Sam and the watcher in the nova series but if the focus of original sin has shifted I'm not sure I'll keep up with this event until it's in trades.
    The issue opens with a brief intro of The Watcher, then cuts to Cap, Wolverine, Nick Fury and Black Widow eating at a diner and talking about steak. Widow is adamant bear steak would be better, but Cap and Nick quickly shoot her down with a story from World War 2 that adds just enough color to spice things up. They quickly get called to the Moon and The Watcher is found dead.

The focus is on them scrambling to get a team together to figure out who did this because a murder isn't what the Avengers solve...at least according to Cap.

Fantastic Member

Good start. I was a little confused by who was calling BP. I thought it was Fury, then I thought it was someone else, but then realized it was him. I totally missed that he was holding the green object similar to what Cap found in the Watcher's head. Oh Mr Fury, how do you sleep at night knowing all that you do. Do we assume he knows exactly who the killer is, but just isn't able to locate him?
    Love the Punisher/Strange team up, such an odd pairing, but could be a lot of fun.

Love how Aaron goes out of his way to confirm Wolverine's Avenger status yet does nothing for Spider-Man's.