Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Wolverine's solo is clearly ahead of the rest of the Marvel Universe in the overall 'timeline'.

Events in his solo aren't yet reflected in any other book yet, including 'Wolverine and the X-men' and 'Amazing X-men'.

This has been the case since the launch of his first 'Marvel Now' solo book, where he'd lost his healing factor months before it was reflected in other titles (some are just now addressing this). The pattern continues with this new volume.

As the rather vocal 'fan' of his book that you seem to be, you should be aware of this disconnect by now.

I fail to see your point here. :/
    Look at the costume. Right after he got that costume, he left the X-Men and joined the Offer's crew. So, this book is not behind the events of his solo. It's either ahead and spoiling it, or it doesn't fit with those events, making a continuity error. Neither option is good.

Wasn't Wolverine in Hell and being tortured not that long ago? (So was Sabretooth.) So he's going to be even deader and eventually more tortured in Hell this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    Again, given the events of his solo, that doesn't make any sense.

Actually, it is one. Nothing in the the solicits for his book says that's going to happen. In fact, if he's suposed to die in a blaze of glory, fighting against his enemies, it would make sense for him to still be estranged from the other heroes, so he'd have no backup.

So is Original Sin.
    The only good thing about the current Wolverine story is him leaving the Avengers. There's no point of ruining that, just for the character to appear in half a dozen pages of a story where he does nothing.
    No I'm saying his solo is some story gimmick that marvel isn't fully behind and probably just regrets now. And I'll spoil it for you, Wolverine gets his powers back and becomes a good guy again and then Original Sin happens. Sorry for the huge spoiler that no one could have seen coming.
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Murdock's Swagger View Post
    I am doing the same. I just hope the series/ending Wows me for once as I have never been overly impressed with any of these major Marvel cross-over events.
    One part of the book so far that I was impressed with was the size of the Watcher. When they are all gathered around him as they gaze at the large size hole in his head as he lies there. And Nick Fury then proceeds to dig the fragments from his skull, compared to our heroes he is a very large specimen.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    They usually don't pay off on those hints. But they are very good at unintentionally turning heroes into villains
    So true.... it's quite numerous with some out of character moments. It's okay if it's developed naturally, with clear turning point of his/her view about one principle... But the way marvel handle tony, scott, hank, and even reed richards is beyond ridiculous...

Thanks to SXVA and Ciriaco for posting those write-ups. It shows that there's such a good story in play here since there's so much intrigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    WHOA! The living tribunal is dead?!?! When did this happen?!

Also, Since when has original Nick Fury been back? I thought his son took his place? I liked this first issue of set up although did anyone else find it weird how Stark scans the watchers exploded home and said this place has been ransacked and things have been stolen? How would Stark know what the watcher keeps in his house, let alone if things were stolen? Oh and does anyone else find it odd to see Moon Knight in space? He strikes me as a street level hero...having him fly around in space seems a little wonky to me, however Im along for the ride well see how it plays out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    Look at the costume. Right after he got that costume, he left the X-Men and joined the Offer's crew. So, this book is not behind the events of his solo. It's either ahead and spoiling it, or it doesn't fit with those events, making a continuity error. Neither option is good.
    I am like you all in that I am hoping it can be explained why old Nick Fury is being used, and why Wolverine is using his post-killable armor suit. If it's just a matter of cosmetics with no meaning behind it, then I am a bit dismayed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    No I'm saying his solo is some story gimmick that marvel isn't fully behind and probably just regrets now.
    They're so not fully behind it, they've been hyping it non-stop. Cornell didn't want to kill Wolverine, he got the orders from above.
    Wich makes sense, since this is the kind of stupid idea that only a Marvel editor can come up with.

And I'll spoil it for you, Wolverine gets his powers back and becomes a good guy again and then Original Sin happens. Sorry for the huge spoiler that no one could have seen coming.
    ...Or he dies, like it's been announced endlessly, during the last month.
    If we've been lied to and Aaron just spoiled it, he's an idiot and deserves to be fired for it.

Hey Guys I posted a few questions a page or so back, I don't mean to get on anyones nerves but can someone please answer them. They're just itching at my brain haha

"WHOA! The living tribunal is dead?!?! When did this happen?!

Also, Since when has original Nick Fury been back? I thought his son took his place? I liked this first issue of set up although did anyone else find it weird how Stark scans the watchers exploded home and said this place has been ransacked and things have been stolen? How would Stark know what the watcher keeps in his house, let alone if things were stolen? Oh and does anyone else find it odd to see Moon Knight in space? He strikes me as a street level hero...having him fly around in space seems a little wonky to me, however Im along for the ride well see how it plays out."

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Hey Guys I posted a few questions a page or so back, I don't mean to get on anyones nerves but can someone please answer them. They're just itching at my brain haha

"WHOA! The living tribunal is dead?!?! When did this happen?!

Also, Since when has original Nick Fury been back? I thought his son took his place? I liked this first issue of set up although did anyone else find it weird how Stark scans the watchers exploded home and said this place has been ransacked and things have been stolen? How would Stark know what the watcher keeps in his house, let alone if things were stolen? Oh and does anyone else find it odd to see Moon Knight in space? He strikes me as a street level hero...having him fly around in space seems a little wonky to me, however Im along for the ride well see how it plays out."
    From the Marvel wiki, apparently:

"When Adam Warlock came into possession of the Infinity Gauntlet, the Tribunal told Warlock he couldn't wield that much power, leading to the creation of the Infinity Watch only to take the gems away following the Infinity War. When The Stranger teleported the Earth of the New Universe to the mainstream Marvel Universe, the Tribunal sealed it off and imprisoned Quasar's girlfriend in there due to the threat the Star Brand had on the balance of power. He also allied himself with his closest counterpart of the DC Universe, the Spectre, to save their respective universes from being destroyed by two cosmic "brothers".

Uatu and Iron Man found the Living Tribunal on the Moon, apparently deceased, but possibly just unconscious"
    http://www.fanboysanonymous.com/2013...al-killed.html

Looks to me like he's taking a nap, must be hard work being one of the most powerful beings in the Universe.

I'm not sure about Nick Fury,
    http://www.nickfuryagentofshield.com/deaths/deaths.html

Apparently he was a "ghost" or "off the grid" for awhile and then resurfaced in "The Winter Soldier"...

What i could find on the subject quickly.

Jackolover
    "Nick Fury Snr retired from SHIELD before Civil War, because he was embarrassed by an invasion of Latveria and mind wiping of super heroes to keep it secret. Then he appeared in Civil War in Captain America books and Frontline. In Secret Invasion he told Maria Hill to keep LMD handy. But then in Dark Reign he went hammer and tongs after Hydra in Secret Warriors, but stayed hidden the whole time except for visits to Hill and Osborn. After Siege, Secret Warriors showed SHIELD and HAMMMER being destroyed, and old Nick gave the running over Quake, and he broke out Countess Valentina, and supposedly, Nick and Val are shacked up together, but that's just me conjecting. Old Nick returned to help his kid Marcus in Battle Scars, but has since kept an eye on Bucky in Winter Soldier, as a special project. I would say old Nick is the Emeritus DoS of the MU, much like Stan Lee is to Marvel."
    Last edited by SXVA; 05-13-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Oh hey thanks for answering my questions! Thats funny Im collecting New Avengers and I dont remember that scene! Im going to dig it up when I get home and re read it

The Ultimate Nullifier used by the Mindless One in Manhattan was stolen from the Watcher on the moon. There was only ever one UN.

That means the Ultimate Nullifier in Nick Furys cave in the Savage Land in Age of Ultron, are one and the same. So when Fury time travelled to the future, and wolverine time travelled to the past, the Watcher could have come back and taken his UN back to moon, for it to be stolen again by the Perps who shot the Watcher, later in Original Sin.

That means Nick Fury stole the UN before Age of Ultron, to have in the Savage Land cave for AoA. He was ready to use it if Ultron succeeded in destroying humanity, but, Fury left. After AoA never happened, the UN could have been returned by teleporting it to the Watcher, or the Watcher went and got it. Because, what's it doing in a dusty cave in SL doing nothing?