Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Question is, who are these people:

spoilers:
    Attachment 1271
    end of spoilers
    For a moment I thought the one on left could be Gambit

I enjoyed the first issue and am interested to see where this goes. I know absolutely nothing about the villains on the last page so I'm intrigued to find out if they are the big bads and if they aren't, how they fit in the puzzle.

This team Fury put together is pure gold. There's something so wacky and yet so awesome about the pairing of Strange and Punisher. Same goes for Ant-Man and Emma Frost.

Looking forward to issue #2. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic about this event till it gives me a reason not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    that's why i'm worried. the Illuminati are already going to be the heels of this. but Stark seemed to take the 'troll' comment personally. would they really link him to the murder?
    I think he's worried because he didn't tell anybody that the Living Tribunal was taking a weird nap on the moon and Uatu found him. If that pop ups now it would be very suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post
    I think he's worried because he didn't tell anybody that the Living Tribunal was taking a weird nap on the moon and Uatu found him. If that pop ups now it would be very suspicious.
    Yeah, Stark came off oddly suspicious. Not that I think he's guilty or anything, but if this were an episode of Scooby Doo I'd definately think he would be the one revealed to be under the rubber mask at the end.

Overall a fun book. Nothing amazing happened, but the mystery build up was fun and the mash up combination of heroes alone sells this series for me.

Nice to see Nick Sr. doing something too.

You know I swear that it's become a bit of a running gag that everyone can find Cyclops' secret base except for SHIELD. I get the feeling all the heroes secretly know where it is but just choose not to mind Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know I swear that it's become a bit of a running gag that everyone can find Cyclops' secret base except for SHIELD. I get the feeling all the heroes secretly know where it is but just choose not to mind Cyclops.
    Yeah, at this point I don't think most heroes care.

It's sort of like Punisher. Yeah he's a mass murderer but for the most part heroes just turn a blind eye (though there are occasions they will decide to go after Frank from time to time).

Astonishing Member

Its funny that so many are saying its the ORB, when the first character I thought of was Scorpio.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yeah, Ant-Man was so casual about that, I laughted at that part.

what am I missing? Why is everyone so sure that it's Fury that's sending out these random teams?

I'm interested to see why these team-ups have their unique lineups. Especially Dr Strange, which means that Fury has intel on otherdimensions? as much as i like good spy stories, that seems to be a reach.

i liked the appearance of the ulitmate nullifer. i actually had a "whoa" moment there, although it's for no reason than being a fanboy for marvel i guess. hahaha
    Marvel Flipside -- Some old Marvel Axis Fanfiction & FanArt
    Where's DannyWall -- Some writing and Marvel TSR Role-Playing Stuff

Pretty good first issue. It didn't have anything too surprising. Anyone who has been to CBR already knew the Watcher was going to get shot. Most of this issue deal with the reactions to his death. And for the most part, I thought it was pretty nicely done. It unfolded like a real murder mystery. They assessed the crime scene, considered suspects, and put together other teams to investigate. And the members of those teams are pretty diverse. Emma Frost, Gamora, the Punisher. They don't really run in the same circles as the Avengers, but they're somehow brought into this story in a way that feels like it can work. It's still light on details in some areas. I didn't really get the point of Dr. Strange and the Punisher's role. Plus, I thought a Mindless One having the Ultimate Nullifier was a tad random. Isn't that supposed to be one of the most power weapons in the entire Marvel Universe? Having it show up like that is pushing it in my opinion. But overall, I still enjoyed the issue. It made me want to read more. I reviewed it on my blog and gave it an above average score, but left room for improvement. With the blessing of the mods, here's a link if anyone is interested:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Wall View Post
    what am I missing? Why is everyone so sure that it's Fury that's sending out these random teams?

I'm interested to see why these team-ups have their unique lineups. Especially Dr Strange, which means that Fury has intel on otherdimensions? as much as i like good spy stories, that seems to be a reach.
    I'm actually confused about that myself. While it looks like Fury is talking to someone about what's going on, it looks like someone else is behind the scenes getting all the people working together. Although I'm not sure who it could possibly be, the details about him are spare.

What we know about him is that he's a mysterious man who somehow knows the whereabouts of all these heroes, plus information that gets them to work for him, he knows mysterious locations to look for clues/evidence , that Moon Knight thought he was supposed to be dead, and that he might know about the Incursions. I'm not sure who he could be.

BANNED

I don't know why anyone thinks that as it's clear in the issue that Fury is NOT, repeat NOT!, behind the teams that Black Panther is associated with. Black Panther, Ant-Man, Emma Frost, Dr. Strange, Punisher, Moon Knight, Winter Soldier and Gamora have been put on this case by someone who's identity we don't know yet.

Fury is investigating alongside Cap but he doesn't know anything about this covert squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't know why anyone thinks that as it's clear in the issue that Fury is NOT, repeat NOT!, behind the teams that Black Panther is associated with. Black Panther, Ant-Man, Emma Frost, Dr. Strange, Punisher, Moon Knight, Winter Soldier and Gamora have been put on this case by someone who's identity we don't know yet.

Fury is investigating alongside Cap but he doesn't know anything about this covert squad.
    Good. I thought it was just me. Why would the shadowy guy have a glowing green bullet if Fury just got the shards from Cap? why would he be back on the moon after that cut scene? it only makes sense if Fury is NOT the shadowy guy.
    but who that guy is, why he has connections to everyone from X-Men to Avengers to Dr Strange to Punisher, is hard to guess
    Marvel Flipside -- Some old Marvel Axis Fanfiction & FanArt
    Where's DannyWall -- Some writing and Marvel TSR Role-Playing Stuff

Good. I thought it was just me. Why would the shadowy guy have a glowing green bullet if Fury just got the shards from Cap? why would he be back on the moon after that cut scene? it only makes sense if Fury is NOT the shadowy guy.
    but who that guy is, why he has connections to everyone from X-Men to Avengers to Dr Strange to Punisher, is hard to guess
    That does makes sense given Nick is on the Moon in the next scene.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Like I said on page 2, the shadowy figure was sitting in a normal chair which Fury would have been hard pressed to find in the Watcher's base, so it's indeed very unlikely to be him. However, we don't know if all of the teams were contacted/given instructions by that shadowy character or if one of them might have been contacted by Fury.