Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default Loki: Agent of Asgard #4 Spoilers

Here's what happens:

spoilers:
    Sigurd the Ever Glorious is discussing with Kaluu, master of black magic about a treat of reincarnation

Sigurd tellls him the story of how he beat Loki

Kaluu ends-up being Meohisto in disguiseç

Loki tricks them both at the end.
    end of spoilers

Favorite Marvel title of the week, nothing else comes even close.

Ewing sure does love to use Kaluu in his series doesn't he.

BANNED

Fun book. I wonder how long the antagonist of the story is going to keep getting played like this.

I wonder how these events will play out.

Definitely a fun issue. Lots of fun twists, turns, tricks and deceits. I also liked the secret to making good salmon. And lots of sharp, clever dialogue.

Great comic.

Love that big panel with Mephisto; Big M is more fun when Loki's around to screw up his plans. [and I still am waiting for Hell to freeze over at some point Marvel. You know it needs to happen.] Also puns seem to suit Mephisto.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Another great issue! I love all the twist and turns and the unknowns. I have no idea what Loki's true goal is. He has so many things going at once, that I cannot determine where it all is leading. Also what are the All-Mothers trying to keep Asgardia safe and secure from? What is their ultimate goal?

I love how Thor is seriously sitting and listening to Loki's plan. To think that Thor would be an Agent of Loki is just hilarious and amazing!

Ewing and Garbett are just crafting an amazing tale! This is my favorite series each month bar none!!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

I think this was a great issue, in that everything is beginning to come together, and we see what Loki is really up to. Maybe. I mean, there is no real telling with him, but that lie detector girl's presence should keep him somewhat honest when she is around.

Do you think Thor would really join Loki's little plot? Guess we'll find out next issue.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Great issue, I liked it a lot.

Nice battle between Loki and Sigurd. Surprised to see Mephisto involved in some things though I read Journey Into Mystery with the Kid Loki. Good to see again Verity again.

What a pity that until the end of the issue, Lorelei does not appear, I wonder if Thor will treat her better than he has treated Amora lately because if Lorelei knows what happens with her ​​older sister, she must feel very upset. I´m eager to read issue 5 next month.

Spectacular Member

This comic continues to be stellar. Truly. Fantastic, witty dialog, and Ewing's got Loki's personality down pat, along with continually fantastic art.

I really love how Ewing continues to capture Loki's intelligence, and just how extremely clever and tricky he is. The fact that he was expecting Sigurd to come for his sword, already having received instructions from the All-Mother to retrieve him, and set up the entire thing with Maphisto, and ended up tricking both of them, was pretty awesome. A pretty bad-ass moment for Loki. A lot of writers have trouble I think doing Loki justice for the reason they can't figure out how to make him as smart as he is, but Ewing is doing a fantastic job of doing just that. And, of course, there's the continued hints and undertones of the tragedy facing Loki, the constant reminders of him trying to escape his fate, with Maphisto taunting him about it, etc...

I definitely can't wait to see how this plays out, and the interaction between Loki and Thor particularly has me interested.

All-New Member

Before the Marvel movies you would have never imagined there being multiple great runs with Loki as the lead. Thanks movies!

Never thought I'd be so happy to see Mephisto again. Sort of wish Loki had let him play with Sigurd for a little bit. Just so he got a taste of what the Disir went through when under Mephisto's control. It would be sweet irony. And its not a good pun unless you want to PUNCH to person who says it so... It was a good(beautifully horrible) pun.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Nice battle between Loki and Sigurd.
    I'm glad we aren't having Loki screw everything up this time. He's the guy who should be screwing with everyone else.

Found this review which I really liked. Things are getting complicated now with Loki dragging such a contradictory group of people around. And then there's Mephisto who will no doubt be hanging around trying to figure out Loki's angle to screw with him.

Finally was able to sit down and read this issue (damn work stuff keeping me from my Comics!) and I thought it was fantastic. Loved sneaky, manipulative Loki. I liked Verity here much better than in her first appearance.

Loki has been planning this "heist" since issue 2 per his discussion with Lorelei, so it can't all be about his guilty feelings regarding sending Sigurd to Asgard... I'm hoping we'll get to see some of his master plan next issue.

And I like that Sigurd is caught in the same trap as Loki regarding being locked into a specific future that he's trying to find his way out of. I also liked the fact that he is a smarmy jerk.

Did I understand this correctly -- All this great momentum, and then we're taking two months off for some sketchy sounding crossover event?

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    Did I understand this correctly -- All this great momentum, and then we're taking two months off for some sketchy sounding crossover event?
    I know right. AoA Loki is really a fabulous character who is more trickster and himself than any of his other versions (excluding Kid!Loki). He's even more neutral than Siege Loki, which makes him much more interesting because you just never know what he's going to do next. He's not weighed down by baggage that keeps him from enjoying life and being happy.