Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default "The Nuclear Man" FIRESTORM appreciation

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the discussion and appreciation of DC's nuclear man (or men): Firestorm. One of the newest members of the Justice League (reserve team) in the new 52.

ORIGIN
    Originally a composite being, Firestorm had power over fire and heat, and could alter the atomic structure of objects. The first Firestorm was an amalgam of two people high school student, Ronnie Raymond and university Professor Martin Stein. High school student Ronnie Raymond and Nobel Prize-winning physicist Martin Stein were caught in a nuclear accident that allowed them to fuse into the "nuclear man" Firestorm. Due to Stein's being unconscious during the accident, Raymond was prominently in command of the Firestorm form with Stein a voice of reason inside his mind. Banter between the two was a hallmark of their adventures. The current incarnation of Firestorm is composed of high school students Ronnie Raymond & Jason Rusch. As of "The New 52" multiple Firestorms exist and Ronnie and Jason as individual Firestorms can combine to create Fury, a giant walking nuclear reactor.

Firestorm matrix- is a combination between two active physical forces that collide and are fused together by a Firestorm-like explosion. Firestorm is a combination of two acting forces. Many people have entered the Firestorm Matrix and most have partnered with Jason Rusch as he rallied for control over his powers. Firestorm's passengers don't remember the merge after they're expelled from the body. Ronnie Raymond seems to be a test to the limits of Firestorm as whenever he is present, the Matrix's power levels and abilities increase tenfold and its limits become deluded. This may be because of his prolonged experience with the Matrix.

NEW 52
    This is a new incarnation of Firestorm. Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch are both high school students once again, Ronnie is the star quarterback and his classmate Jason works for the school newspaper. Ronnie and Jason are not fond of each other at all. Martin Stein is seemingly dead and he left Jason one of several Firestorm Protocols. Jason Rusch produces a vial given to him by Professor Stein, which contains the "God Particle", one of Stein's creations. After a terrorist group, led by a mercenary named Cliff Carmichael, attacks the school looking for the Firestorm Protocol, Jason unleashes the matrix and both he and Ronnie become nuclear men. The God Particle transform both Jason and Ronnie into Firestorm, and the two teens briefly battle each other before accidentally merging into a hulking creature known as the Fury. Jason wears a yellow suit while Ronnie is in red. Jason and Ronnie are now separate Firestorms and do not have to combine to become Firestorm. The creature FURY is created when both of the Firestorms combine their powers.

Current Alises: Ronald Raymond, Jason Rusch, Flamehead
    Rogues: -Multiplex, Killer Frost, Deathstorm, Plastique, Slipnot, Hyena, Anti life equation....
    Appearances in comics: Justice league, Justice League 3000, Justice League unlimited (now JLU),Futures end, Fury of Firestorm (cancelled),
    Powers & Abilities: fire control, heat generation, blast power, energy and chemical absorption, flight, super sight/speed/strength, invisibility
    (Able to transmute inorganic atomic and molecular matter, create blast of nuclear energy and intangibility, among others).
    Appearances in Television and other media: Superfriends as (Raymond-stein mix), Justice League Crisis on Two Earths (Jason Rusch Firestorm), Batman: The Brave & The Bold: A Bat Divided (Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch as Firestorm), The Flash (2014).

Alright, lets fire away. Fan the flame!.
    Last edited by HunterX; 02-10-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Cant wait to see what part Firestorm plays in futures end
    Attached Images Attached Images

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

First time I read a story featuring Ronnie had to have been his first appearance in DC Comics Presents. I liked DC's take on their version of Spidey immediately, but it took a while to figure out why he was talking to that disembodied head at times.in that issue . Of course, he has to be on the shortlist of greatest characters created post-Silver Age.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Hmm i like the new costume.

I loved Ronnie Raymond's series from the 80's. Firestorm is definitely in my top 10 favorite DC characters.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post

This one?(below), I could dig it. Dont know if it will be used in the current timeline though.

Welcome to the firestorm thread everyone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HunterX; 05-07-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Man, I like the classic Firestorm costume better.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Same here. I love the look of it, so sleek and modern. Man, why couldn't they have gotten Ryan Sook to do, like, at least 80% of the redesigns for the New 52.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Same here. I love the look of it, so sleek and modern. Man, why couldn't they have gotten Ryan Sook to do, like, at least 80% of the redesigns for the New 52.
    Indeed most redesigns were lacking, He can start by fixing the teen titans only Beast Boy and Bunker look presentable and I am still iffy on a gay character using pinkish purple as his primary color.

Love Firestorm. I think I might be one of the few who liked the concept of the multiple Firestorms in the New 52... even if the execution was terrible. Really hoping for more development of the character, his mythos and greater use of his rogues.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am with you Nix. I liked the idea they were going for, but it did end up kinda a mess.

I liked DC's take on their version of Spidey immediately, but it took a while to figure out why he was talking to that disembodied head at times.in that issue
    lol. Wasnt there an origin story?.

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Man, I like the classic Firestorm costume better.
    well, its not gone (yet)
    What do you call classic btw since he has had too many costumes.

Love Firestorm. I think I might be one of the few who liked the concept of the multiple Firestorms in the New 52... even if the execution was terrible. Really hoping for more development of the character, his mythos and greater use of his rogues.
    Welcome. I dont hate the idea. I dont know if the multiple firestorms is still canon though since the comic (fury of firestorm: the nuclear men) was cancelled. Speaking of Rogues, they seem to be pushing Killer Frost, maybe a few others from firestorm.
    Last edited by HunterX; 05-07-2014 at 04:09 PM.

If I was an artist doing work for DC, I can't think of a character that I'd rather draw than Match Head. He's just stunning on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post

well, its not gone (yet)
    What do you call classic btw since he has had too many costumes.

Incredible Member

Ronnie/Firestorm is one of my favorite DC Characters. More Firestorm for me the better!