Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was this in Doomsday Clock?

At least Jason probably has a good a shot at appearing in other media by this point as Ronnie does, maybe better.
    No. It was Ronnie and Stein in Doomsday Clock. Even though you don't see who's in Ronnie's head he refers to him as Professor and Stein multiple times. So, no idea what above poster is talking about.

Speaking of, what does everyone think of Firestorms roll in all of this?

How long do you think this has been going on?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    No. It was Ronnie and Stein in Doomsday Clock. Even though you don't see who's in Ronnie's head he refers to him as Professor and Stein multiple times. So, no idea what above poster is talking about.

Speaking of, what does everyone think of Firestorms roll in all of this?

How long do you think this has been going on?
    No idea but it probably explains why he was such a terribly written douche in the point-less and boring event, Futures End.

I really want to see a new Firestorm ongoing. He has all the elements to make a great series but he constantly gets relegated to group-shots or team-ups. It's like having all the ingredients for a cake laid out and expecting one to make itself. I feel like most writers steer clear of him because of all the science and the nature of his powers. Kinda the same way some writers avoid larger than life sorcery like Dr. Fate or Dr. Strange who aren't already major fans.

Firestorm needs to be used as a scientist "mystic" type. Ronnie is a normal guy and that's really the only thing holding him back from becoming one of the most powerful heroes in the DCU. I want a series that focuses on that journey and see him actually reach it. Firestorm holding back crazy out there "scientific" events like alternate universes, dimensions, government experiments, aliens, etc. Doing a long form series of seeing Ronnie grow and mature is what I think is needed and would make for an exciting read. Seeing him go on random adventures or showing up in team books isn't what he needs. Firestorm needs to have a long character piece/dramatic story to really make you care about a young god finding himself basically. Having Firestorm go around the DCU getting a handle on not only his powers but his emotions and mental maturity.

His supporting cast I feel is already very strong, they just need a bit more of a push. Stein and Jason work best behind the scenes, whether one is a half of Firestorm or just a guy in a chair I feel that both are needed for the modern incarnation of the character. Maybe rework that both Stein and Jason (hell throw in Lorraine too) are halves of Firestorm but they can only merge with Ronnie. Maybe each version has better abilities at certain things. I think this would be a great way to explore the character dynamics while also learning more and fleshing out the Firestorm Matrix that is generally ill-defined but do insane things like trap the JL. (see Forever Evil) Throw in Killer Frost as a Catwoman type lover/partner and after seeing the newest issue of Doomsday Clock I would have Superman appear semi-regularly. Clark teaching Ronnie to basically become the next "Superman" is something that I think is so brilliant and I have no idea why this hasn't been done before.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

I would do somersaults if a Firestorm series spins out of Doomsday Clock. It would seem like the perfect opportunity to do so.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    No idea but it probably explains why he was such a terribly written douche in the point-less and boring event, Futures End.

I really want to see a new Firestorm ongoing. He has all the elements to make a great series but he constantly gets relegated to group-shots or team-ups. It's like having all the ingredients for a cake laid out and expecting one to make itself. I feel like most writers steer clear of him because of all the science and the nature of his powers. Kinda the same way some writers avoid larger than life sorcery like Dr. Fate or Dr. Strange who aren't already major fans.

Firestorm needs to be used as a scientist "mystic" type. Ronnie is a normal guy and that's really the only thing holding him back from becoming one of the most powerful heroes in the DCU. I want a series that focuses on that journey and see him actually reach it. Firestorm holding back crazy out there "scientific" events like alternate universes, dimensions, government experiments, aliens, etc. Doing a long form series of seeing Ronnie grow and mature is what I think is needed and would make for an exciting read. Seeing him go on random adventures or showing up in team books isn't what he needs. Firestorm needs to have a long character piece/dramatic story to really make you care about a young god finding himself basically. Having Firestorm go around the DCU getting a handle on not only his powers but his emotions and mental maturity.

His supporting cast I feel is already very strong, they just need a bit more of a push. Stein and Jason work best behind the scenes, whether one is a half of Firestorm or just a guy in a chair I feel that both are needed for the modern incarnation of the character. Maybe rework that both Stein and Jason (hell throw in Lorraine too) are halves of Firestorm but they can only merge with Ronnie. Maybe each version has better abilities at certain things. I think this would be a great way to explore the character dynamics while also learning more and fleshing out the Firestorm Matrix that is generally ill-defined but do insane things like trap the JL. (see Forever Evil) Throw in Killer Frost as a Catwoman type lover/partner and after seeing the newest issue of Doomsday Clock I would have Superman appear semi-regularly. Clark teaching Ronnie to basically become the next "Superman" is something that I think is so brilliant and I have no idea why this hasn't been done before.
    Firestorm being used as the scientific "mystic" type doesn't make sense to me when you have Holt, Palmer, Choi. I don't see Firestorm being a go-to guy for scientific stuff.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Firestorm being used as the scientific "mystic" type doesn't make sense to me when you have Holt, Palmer, Choi. I don't see Firestorm being a go-to guy for scientific stuff.
    Can they transmogrify elements at will? Firestorm can pretty much do anything like a Dr. Fate. You could easily build up these characters as well through a series like this. You could have Terrifics, the Atoms series that everyone says should happen, and this kind of Firestorm series to build a new science corner of the DCU.

Firestorm isn't a go to even though he is constantly in the science world through Stein, Jason, etc. That would be the point of the series.

Do you have any ideas for a Firestorm series?

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Can they transmogrify elements at will? Firestorm can pretty much do anything like a Dr. Fate. You could easily build up these characters as well through a series like this. You could have Terrifics, the Atoms series that everyone says should happen, and this kind of Firestorm series to build a new science corner of the DCU.

Firestorm isn't a go to even though he is constantly in the science world through Stein, Jason, etc. That would be the point of the series.

Do you have any ideas for a Firestorm series?

For a Firestorm series, I think i would downplay Ronnie's dumb jock routine and have him be intellectually gifted. He's no Ray Palmer but he would know his stuff. He'd still be a little brash. Your idea didn't make sense to me at first, but the more i reread it the more i understand it now. They have plenty of groups that regulate/control magic and you have some that supposedly created magic. They should have something like that for science and i would put Firestorm at the center of it. He's a walking science lab/periodic table after all. Maybe i'd introduce science deities.

if Firestorm can be part of the confrontation with Dr. Manhattan (and defeat him), so much the better.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    if Firestorm can be part of the confrontation with Dr. Manhattan (and defeat him), so much the better.
    It looks like Firestorm might be Manhattan.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    It looks like Firestorm might be Manhattan.
    He's probably just hiding him in. When you think about it, it's the best place in the DCU for him to be able to hide in plain sight. All the other heroes know that Firestorm is already made up of multiple people. They just don't always know who or how many.

That was my theory about Captain Atom; that the New52 version was really Dr. Manhattan in disguise, and when he left Nate's body we'd get a return to a more recognizable (and less powerful) Captain Atom.

Didn't pan out that way (and DC seems to have forgotten about the good Captain again) but I wouldn't be surprised if Manhattan were hiding in the Firestorm Matrix. It'd be a pretty good place to hide, and depending on how they want to spin the concept it might even be the way Manhattan travels the multiverse.

Also, put me down as another poster who wants to see Firestorm given some love. Poor guy can't catch a break; even Orlando's CW-JLA ignored him.

Call me DC, I got a soft-reboot idea for the character that'll piss off all his fans and set him on an exciting new trajectory. Sounds perfect, right?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Call me DC, I got a soft-reboot idea for the character that'll piss off all his fans and set him on an exciting new trajectory. Sounds perfect, right?
    You can have two. Nothing says a Jason version can't take a new name is Firebat available? So you still get Ronnie as Firestorm who can hang with Justice League since Titans are being butchered in HIC. Jason can be in whatever is left of Tim's generation or start a new one with Duke and the Gotham Academy Kids.

I always liked the version where Jason, Stein, and Ronnie are all part of the Firestorm Matrix; but only two at a time can be Firestorm, and only one at a time gets to be in the driver's seat. Ronnie-and-Stein gives you the classic Firestorm; Jason-and-Ronnie gives you the 2005 Firestorm; and Stein-and-Jason gives you the “Fire Elemental” Firestorm.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.