Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

New design is definitely an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am with you Nix. I liked the idea they were going for, but it did end up kinda a mess.
    Indeed, very much so That and the stuff John's did with the character in Brightest Day was really making some high level mythos for Firestorm. The God Particle being the spark of the Big Bang? Multiple Firestorm designs? Nicely redesigned Firestorm characters like Pozhar and Firehawk? All good stuff... but the fact that we never even saw the illusive Ashra Khan that was advertised as the big bad just symbolises the mess the book became. Jurgen's simply rebooted it to pre-New 52 levels and didn't do anything exciting with it either.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Welcome. I dont hate the idea. I dont know if the multiple firestorms is still canon though since the comic (fury of firestorm: the nuclear men) was cancelled.
    Unless its stated otherwise, I would imagine its still in continuity... prior to Jurgen's run they pretty much wiped the slate clean by removing the other Firestorm's and Jurgen's stuff was simply a soft reboot returning the character to his old self of being two people in one body instead of two separate Firestorm's that merged into Fury. Plus, I think the ARGUS Forever Evil tie-in referenced the Fury incident so its seemingly still happened.

Speaking of Rogues, they seem to be pushing Killer Frost, maybe a few others from firestorm.
    Indeed, I quite like that. I would like more Multiplex personally or perhaps get Tokamak back into the picture as well.

Indeed, I quite like that. I would like more Multiplex personally or perhaps get Tokamak back into the picture as well.
    I know of Multiplex Who is tokamak?. Im still learning about the character's mythos.

Unless its stated otherwise, I would imagine its still in continuity... prior to Jurgen's run they pretty much wiped the slate clean by removing the other Firestorm's and Jurgen's stuff was simply a soft reboot returning the character to his old self of being two people in one body instead of two separate Firestorm's that merged into Fury. Plus, I think the ARGUS Forever Evil tie-in referenced the Fury incident so its seemingly still happened.
    What did Forever evil reference about Fury?, if you dont mind going into detail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    If I was an artist doing work for DC, I can't think of a character that I'd rather draw than Match Head. He's just stunning on the page.

This does look great. thanks.
    !Pharozonk! Ok got it.

You tell em Firestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    I know of Multiplex Who is tokamak?. Im still learning about the character's mythos.
    Tokamak is basically a guy who tried to recreate the Firestorm process and became a living nuclear reactor that allowed him to walk again as he suffered from a disability. On some level, he is kind of the Lex Luthor to Firestorm... he's a rich intelligent businessman (kind of an oversimplification on my part but just giving a general idea). He's also the one that in the old continuity turned Lorraine into Firehawk as he made her go through the process first before trying it out himself.

In the New 52, its quite possible to have him back in the picture. Perhaps him absorbing ZitherTech's holdings and using the Protocols on himself to become a major nemesis to old match head. At least, that's how I would make it happen :-/

What did Forever evil reference about Fury?, if you dont mind going into detail.
    No worries, I don't mind going into detail about it since I was quite happy with the reference made of it in ARGUS. Its Forever Evil ARGUS issue... #3 I believe. There is a scene where Steve Trevor finds Martin Stein who says that the more people in the Firestorm Matrix the more unstable it becomes. And that if the Matrix becomes unstable it leads to the creation of things like Fury and mentions the event in Fury of Firestorm.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I didn't like the Jurgens deboot at all and dropped the series. It just seems like the lazy call to me to basically just undue everything and make him like he was before. I liked the new Firehawk and Pozhar and thought tieing their powers to Firestorm was a smart idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I didn't like the Jurgens deboot at all and dropped the series. It just seems like the lazy call to me to basically just undue everything and make him like he was before. I liked the new Firehawk and Pozhar and thought tieing their powers to Firestorm was a smart idea.
    Indeed, I concur. Firehawk looked much more awesome and it was a good touch making her French as it gave something different. Plus, Pozhar had such an anti-hero vibe to him that it was cool... him being a colleague to Stein who was obsessed with the power of the Firestorm Matrix. I know he was a villain in Fury of Firestorm but I saw potential for an anti-hero in him personally.

You tell em Firestorm.
    I love this scene so much.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Tokamak is basically a guy who tried to recreate the Firestorm process and became a living nuclear reactor that allowed him to walk again as he suffered from a disability. On some level, he is kind of the Lex Luthor to Firestorm... he's a rich intelligent businessman (kind of an oversimplification on my part but just giving a general idea). He's also the one that in the old continuity turned Lorraine into Firehawk as he made her go through the process first before trying it out himself.

In the New 52, its quite possible to have him back in the picture. Perhaps him absorbing ZitherTech's holdings and using the Protocols on himself to become a major nemesis to old match head. At least, that's how I would make it happen :-/
    Thanks, sounds like an interesting villain.

No worries, I don't mind going into detail about it since I was quite happy with the reference made of it in ARGUS. Its Forever Evil ARGUS issue... #3 I believe. There is a scene where Steve Trevor finds Martin Stein who says that the more people in the Firestorm Matrix the more unstable it becomes. And that if the Matrix becomes unstable it leads to the creation of things like Fury and mentions the event in Fury of Firestorm.
    Alright cool.

someone is in trouble now. Catch firestorm in Futures end #2.

The flash comic

Yeah I've gotta go back and start picking up the earlier Futures End books. In the meantime here's my tribute to Firestorm, enjoy.

[url]

Spectacular Member

the 1980's Fury of Firestorm series was one of my favorite. I seriously thought the character had the potential to be very, very popular. He got really sidetracked around the time of the Legends mini series and he never really recovered. I was very angry when they actually killed Ronnie (I think it was in identity crissis). He was kind of back on track for awhile but DC has put themselves in a bad spot with him. Older fans seem to love Ronnie but in an effort ot be more diverse they introuduced Jason. They can't get rid of Jason cause then they'll be called out for getting rid of a minority character......

ug.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think what they should have kept Ronnie and Jason as seperate Firestorms, but their powers were vastly reduced unless they merged. Or at least make it so they share the drivers seat when they merge. Sometimes Jason is in control while other times Ronnie is with no real way fro them to pick who is in the drivers seat.

Spectacular Member

if I was writing him I'd have it so that whoever initiated the merger was in control of the body.

I don't like the idea of 2 firestorms running around. it just doesn't make any sense.

Yeah I've gotta go back and start picking up the earlier Futures End books. In the meantime here's my tribute to Firestorm, enjoy.

[url]
    Thanks, cool tribute.