Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Wink

The nuclear man and friends are coming to TV this fall, be sure to tune in. Awesome recognition of the mythos' potential and richness finally, thank you DC, CW, WB, creators...

‘The Flash': Robbie Amell Cast as Rpnnie Raymond

BREAKING NEWS! Professor Martin Stein Coming to CW’s The Flash!

CW and Danielle Panabaker bring Killer Frost to TV
    Last edited by HunterX; 07-22-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Who is that?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Who is that?
    Nuclear Man, from Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

BANNED

No love for Jason Rusch huh? I liked him in McDufffie's JLA run and the BATB cartoons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Love Firestorm. I think I might be one of the few who liked the concept of the multiple Firestorms in the New 52... even if the execution was terrible. Really hoping for more development of the character, his mythos and greater use of his rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am with you Nix. I liked the idea they were going for, but it did end up kinda a mess.
    Same here...we/SZ also luvd dat idea & its startd off well. D probably was dat d story grew beynd wat d writer(Mr Ethan Van Sciver/EVS) cud contain in just 23 pgs of each issue resulting in very compressd, condensd & l8r rigid execution.

Wudnt it hv bn kool if 1 or 2 other firestorm titles spun-off frm d nu 52 Fury of d Firestorm? Watevr happnd 2 d othr firestorms?

Wud it hv bn inconceivable 4 Ronnie & Jason 2 hv solo but conjoined(in story continuity, interactns, crossovers, etc) titles esp hw it was md clear hw Jason(transmutation, heat & fire) & Ronnie's(nuclear, heat & fire) firestorm abilities differed individually?

Mr EVS had devlpd plenty of support cast & villains in addition 2 d pre-52 'pot' of Firestorm cast & villains.

Mr EVS had cre8d a whole 'corps' of firestorm which cud hv devlpd in a valid franchise of its soon similar 2 GL buks, Bats & Supes.

Gr8ly missed opprtunity!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    No love for Jason Rusch huh? I liked him in McDufffie's JLA run and the BATB cartoons.
    Same here....dat was hw we/SZ got in2 firestorm.

After dat run we/SZ went bk 2 read sum of d older firestorm issues dat starrd Ronnie.

Ultimate Member

So Firestorm is Killer Frost's fiancée, whom she thinks is dead. This should be fun.

Fantastic Member

I am another one that liked the initial ideas on the New 52 run for Firestorm. I liked having two primary Firestorms, and even the idea of other Firestorms (including those created via an impure method -- I saw them as "Dirty Bombs") was really interesting to me. I wasn't entirely sure about Fury, but that never really had a chance to develop with all the changes. I think I generally liked what all the authors attempted to do, but it felt like they were never able to really tell their story.

I felt like they really tried to take the character(s) in a new and fresh place, which seemed like what the New 52 was about, but I guess DC/other fans (with more attachment to the character than I probably had**) weren't as ready for those changes. From what I understand part of it was the tone of the comics that was very dark and gritty, which may have been a departure from the past incarnations?

**I always liked Firestorm, but I focused on Marvel when I was younger. After falling out of comics for a long time, I came back with the New 52. Firestorm and Captain Atom were the only ones my "must get" list (apparently I have a reverse-midas touch when it comes to comics I want to follow).

Astonishing Member

Hey, I tend to forget about Krul's Captain Atom. It was better than people give it credit for, and when he showed up in Firestorm it piqued my interest. Firestorm's around, but Nate's been MIA for a while now.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Nuclear Man, from Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.
    Ok cool, is he related to firestorm or a different hero?

Plenty of love. I have to say i do like him more as the brain of the flame, it just seems to suit his character more. Would love to see him driving firestorm from time to time though.

He is playing a big role in futures end weekly series
    Last edited by HunterX; 07-23-2014 at 01:00 PM.

BANNED

I think the CW should go with the future's end firestorm costume. It looks so simple but yet so bada##

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    I think the CW should go with the future's end firestorm costume. It looks so simple but yet so bada##
    Yeah its kind of cool, but I love the red/yellow one too, seeing its a TV show they might go darker. I wonder if he will have the flame or not.

Firestorm in Brave and the bold. Cool episodes. Jason was the "firestorm body" in this onw, they made Ronnie a coach and he was the floating head. Switched it up.
    Last edited by HunterX; 07-25-2014 at 04:07 PM.