Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Avengers vs Justice League: Cartoon versions

VS

After messing around in another reality, Mr. Mxyzptlk offers to send the Justice League back to earth... he just doesn't specify which Earth.

The Justice find themselves teleported into a city that looks like a disaster hit it. (It was actually the Wrecking Crew, but their long gone now.)

About the same time, the Avengers receive a distress call saying some unknown superteam is tearing up the City.

Each team suspects the other group is the villains. Neither has any clue who the other team is.

Bloodlust is OFF. Characters will remain entirely in character, which includes the fact that characters aren't going to be speedblitzing each other left and right.

The Justice League Line-up consists of

Superman
    Batman
    Hawkgirl
    Martian Manhunter
    Green Lantern
    Flash
    Wonder Woman

The Avengers are ...
    Captain America
    Ironman
    Thor
    Hulk
    Black Panther
    Wasp
    Antman/Giantman
    Hawkeye
    Ms. Marvel (even if she isn't in the picture)

The Team faces off and after a bit of "Stand down!" "No, YOU stand down!" Hawkeye fires the first arrow... and the fight is ON!

The telepath.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The telepath.
    J'Onn wasn't all that impressive as far as telepaths goes, at least not for combat purposes. He prefered to punch things over blasting them mentally.

What's gonna do the Avengers in is Superman's standard strength and speed combo.

Hulk is kind of way, way out of their league unless Clark blitzes him in a suicide ram ala what Kara did to that asteroid. Thors outnumbered by heavy hitters though and I don't remember Marvels feats enough to say she could pick up the slack

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    J'Onn wasn't all that impressive as far as telepaths goes, at least not for combat purposes. He prefered to punch things over blasting them mentally.

What's gonna do the Avengers in is Superman's standard strength and speed combo.
    Since the Avengers: EMH crew doesn't have any mental shielding (to the best of my knowledge), his feats don't exactly need to be impressive.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Since the Avengers: EMH crew doesn't have any mental shielding (to the best of my knowledge), his feats don't exactly need to be impressive.
    He still needs to have the feats and there're very few times that J'Onn tries to use telepathy for attack purposes. And all those times, at least as far as I remember, he only ever focuses on one target at the time and has to really conentrate on the task. Like staying still and touching the person he's attacking.

He mainly used his telepathy for mind-reading and conversations.

Wally speed-blitzes the Avengers. Even the DCAU version pulled ridiculous feats!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangent Man View Post
    Wally speed-blitzes the Avengers. Even the DCAU version pulled ridiculous feats!
    Aye

And he doesn't even need to go half that far for the Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

J'onn has telepathically knocked people out with a thought, he does it in the episode where GL is framed for destroying a planet. He has feats of even invading the mind of those with some mental resistance, though it took time(nobody here has any resistance that I know of). He can also phase, go invisible, and come back from being torn in half. Oh, and he can run at super speed in short bursts and has enough strength to throw down with the Annihilator. It's going to be a multitude of things that cost the Avengers this fight.

Supes can blitz any one of them, and his HV should go through even the Hulk with enough focus, after they've cleared out everyone else he can just lay it on him. The combo of Supes, J'onn, and Flash means everyone on the Avengers side is screwed.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-07-2014 at 02:27 PM.

I distinctive said in the opening post that everyone is going to be acting in character and people are still talking about everyone pushing themselves to the absolute limits, using tricks they pretty much never used, and going for killing blows.

Is it really so hard for people here to think in terms of character instead of thinking of them as a checklist of their best feats?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I distinctive said in the opening post that everyone is going to be acting in character and people are still talking about everyone pushing themselves to the absolute limits, using tricks they pretty much never used, and going for killing blows.

Is it really so hard for people here to think in terms of character instead of thinking of them as a checklist of their best feats?
    In character? Flip a coin I guess. There is a reason we usually don't do fights in character, because it is hard to say. In character? Flash may..or may not decide to remember his speed. Who knows, I don't know, do you? There isn't any way to tell, because "in character" sometimes he remembers to use it well and sometimes he doesn't.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-07-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

You have been in the group for long enough to know that you can't specify PIS - ergo, you can't say 'no blitz', unless you say 'speed equalized', but that's a big changer.

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

How are people intelligently thinking "gee I should use my speed" and push myself to win this fight indicative of bloodlust? Feats still apply even in character and people with the better feats still win, if you want a story write some fanfiction.
    Last edited by MorphyVSFischer; 05-07-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Yo man, PIS is never really on. Going by best feats is just how things are done here. And, dial it back a tad, okay?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    In character? Flip a coin I guess. There is a reason we usually don't do fights in character, because it is hard to say. In character? Flash may..or may not decide to remember his speed. Who knows, I don't know, do you? There isn't any way to tell, because "in character" sometimes he remembers to use it well and sometimes he doesn't.
    Also, Flash looked pretty in character when he blitzed Luthor. Granted, he did say that if he went that fast again, he wouldn't come back. But bloodlust in a fight should cover that.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.