Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I don't really think so. Without speed, the scenario I proposed would only require them to act with CIS. Superman/etc would use more powers and the fight would be more exhaustive and a lot more detailed but the scenario would more or less work out the same when speed is altogether removed, and CIS is in play. Hulk would end up the guy everyone eventually unites to calm down. How do you think it would go down sans speed with CIS in the Op scenario? What moves happen? What order?
    You seem to be trying to use CIS as some kind of means to get around a basic thing like "they will remember what their powers are and to use them". None of them are explicitly idiots or incompetent as part of their concepts. There is nothing from that to claim they will fight like dolts or intentionally hobble themselves in the face of something like that.

Hulk would end up the guy everyone eventually unites to calm down.
    Or Hulk would end up the guy J'onn puts to sleep with mind powers, as opposed to just sort of standing there doing nothing while Hulk apparently beats the crap out of various members of the JLA.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 05-09-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Well, in character, I definitely see Flash as the one to ask for an explanation in the middle of a fight. Superman might as well, but between Hulk and Thor, I think he will be too busy for actual discussion.

The question is which Avenger is going to slow down enough to start trying to answer and then explain everything. Once Flash gets a good read on the Avengers, it will probably be a straightforward "Hey, J'onn! Call everybody off, this is just a big misunderstanding!"
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daenarys Stormborn View Post
    I don't really think so. Without speed, the scenario I proposed would only require them to act with CIS. Superman/etc would use more powers and the fight would be more exhaustive.
    Superman using "more powers" as you put it isn't exactly a good thing, since that basically just means heat vision and super breath. The HV being especially potent, it wouldn't really make it more exhausting.

and a lot more detailed but the scenario would more or less work out the same when speed is altogether removed, and CIS is in play.
    You are confusing character traits with bad writing. In character, Superman is a nice guy, but he was not traumatized by the very concept of super speed as a child..thus leading him to develop emotional blocks that prevent him from using his speed. He is also more or less a genius by real world standards, so he doesn't exactly lack the mental capacity to understand things like "being faster then someone is a huge advantage in combat situations". Personality wise, he is anti killing, not anti super speed.

Hulk would end up the guy everyone eventually unites to calm down.
    To be honest, I'm pretty sure just a duo of Superman and J'onn working together could take him down. You don't need every single person in the league. I say that if you want to assume that Superman and J'onn are not actually attempting to full on kill Hulk, since I'm not exactly sure what type of scenario is supposed to be going down. But in a normal rumble JLU Supes would just space toss Hulk before he can react.

How do you think it would go down sans speed with CIS in the Op scenario? What moves happen? What order?
    If anyone on the DC side decides they are going to remember their super speed...the Avengers aren't really going to win here.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-09-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Character - shmacharter. Using powers wisely - only Thor is relevant.

Flash alone takes out Hawkeye, AntMan, BP, CA. Hulk can be easily hoisted into orbit by Supes or Stewart. Probably IM can't stand against J'onn. I see these ending quickly. Can WW stall Thor a bit till Supes and Stewart get back - sure and then with a fight they take him.

Batman and Hawkgirl can go to Starbucks and chat - they are irrelevant. Maybe they can call Aquaman and tell him about the fight.

BANNED

Batman totally makes Hawkgirl pay for his coffee at Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Batman totally makes Hawkgirl pay for his coffee at Starbucks.
    Actually Hawkgirl's mace is anti-magic, so if she hands it to Wondy or Flash at the start of the fight, Thor could go down fast.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Actually Hawkgirl's mace is anti-magic, so if she hands it to Wondy or Flash at the start of the fight, Thor could go down fast.
    Except there's no reason she would do so or even know that Thor is magic to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Except there's no reason she would do so or even know that Thor is magic to begin with.
    Is named Thor, flies, has a tricked out hammer...yeah, she might suspect it. If they do clash, I think the anti-magic Mace might have an advantage over the magic Hammer. Her weapon was about the only thing that affected Chaos Grundy, so it hits pretty dang hard.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Its common knowledge that thor is a norse god.

If they do clash, she has the advantage over Thor's magic.

Common knowledge still applies.

That said, Thor is still massively stronger, not to mention durable (the guy takes an extended beating from Abomination and pretty much shrugs it off); so not really as much of an advantage as it may seem.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Go back and read the first post again.

Hawkgirl knowing to use her mace on Thor or not doesn't really prevent most of the team getting blitzed out, and such as don't getting put to sleep. It's largely moot.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 05-10-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Go back and read the first post again.
    Meh, most of what I said still applies.

That said, I'm surprised you still haven't equalized the speed. Seems to me, that's what you were going for with that OP.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

With that said, it's worth noting that magic arguably doesn't exist in the EMH-universe.

Bear with me for a moment on that one.

So, especially post the Thor movie, where it almost reached a point that the characters would almost look at the screen directly, stop the movie and go "don't worry audience! we're not really gods, and there's no such thing as magic!" It's one of the few things I absolutely hate about a Marvel Cinematic Universe I otherwise really groove on (and cringe to think what Doctor Strange is going to look like).

They then tried to parallel that in the cartoon some, where Iron Man would talk about how the Asgardians are just advanced otherdimensional beings with superscience we don't quite get yet.

"Tony was probably talking out his ass and being arrogant!" And.. mayyyybe.

But then they'd do things to back that like the episode with Marvel Dracula, where Tony insisting vampires was all just biotech was proven to be right, as he generally went on about there being no such thing as magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Meh, most of what I said still applies.

That said, I'm surprised you still haven't equalized the speed. Seems to me, that's what you were going for with that OP.
    That would then be called "the JLA, but with a Flash who can't do anything".