Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    That would then be called "the JLA, but with a Flash who can't do anything".
    Well, the guy usually does everything. I'd say he deserves a rest every now and then
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

BANNED

You kind of see how far we're having to reach here to come up with a plausible scenario for the Avengers to win..it's going to require either certain members have to flat out sit out of this fight, or they all forget their powers.

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Go back and read the first post again.
    Why don't you describe how you want the fight to go, then we'll agree with you, since you seem to be bending over backwards to justify something or another?
    Last edited by MorphyVSFischer; 05-10-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Mighty Member

Just to note, Flash actually speedblitzes in the show, like when he takes out everyone on the Watchtower when troops took it over.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Superman using "more powers" as you put it isn't exactly a good thing, since that basically just means heat vision and super breath. The HV being especially potent, it wouldn't really make it more exhausting.

Heat vision was never used in a wide scope that would be able to hit multiple people. And you're forgetting it can be deflected. Super Breath is tougher, but if he's using it someone on the avengers is using something else.

You are confusing character traits with bad writing. In character, Superman is a nice guy, but he was not traumatized by the very concept of super speed as a child..thus leading him to develop emotional blocks that prevent him from using his speed. He is also more or less a genius by real world standards, so he doesn't exactly lack the mental capacity to understand things like "being faster then someone is a huge advantage in combat situations". Personality wise, he is anti killing, not anti super speed.

You're forgetting that I specified a speed-removed (i.e. no one is using speed + CIS) scenario so there wouldn't be any blitzing. In a scenario with speed in play, Animated Superman might very well use it. However, his reaction speed feats are few and far between and his uses of speed in combat are like, what, two showing in 100 episodes. Doesn't seem like its very IC at all for him. What instance did he even use Super-speed reactions in the show in and outside combat? If he's done it a bunch of times I agree with you, but if it's only against a world ending threat like Darkseid...the avengers are not him. On the other hand, Flash and Wondwerwoman would definitely use their speeds to some degree.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure just a duo of Superman and J'onn working together could take him down. You don't need every single person in the league. I say that if you want to assume that Superman and J'onn are not actually attempting to full on kill Hulk, since I'm not exactly sure what type of scenario is supposed to be going down. But in a normal rumble JLU Supes would just space toss Hulk before he can react.

I agree in a blood-lusted scenario were they care not about being heroes that they would be all that is necessary. Superman has the speed and Jonn has the mind whammy that Hulk has shown himself to be vulnerable to against Enchantress- Thor too.

If anyone on the DC side decides they are going to remember their super speed...the Avengers aren't really going to win here.

Hold on, do you think Wonderwoman by herself could solo EMH Avengers? In Flash' case he would kill them all, but he'd lose himself to the speed force like against Luthoriac.
    -----------------------------

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daenarys Stormborn View Post
    Heat vision was never used in a wide scope that would be able to hit multiple people. And you're forgetting it can be deflected. Super Breath is tougher, but if he's using it someone on the avengers is using something else.
    Okay, but he doesn't need to use it on multiple people at once. He has super speed.

You're forgetting that I specified a speed-removed (i.e. no one is using speed + CIS)
    So in other words, The Avengers need the League to ask some of their members to sit this one out so they have a fair fight, since Flashes entire thing is speed. You aren't just handicapping a character here, you are basically removing someones powers entirely.

In a scenario with speed in play, Animated Superman might very well use it. However, his reaction speed feats are few and far between and his uses of speed in combat are like, what, two showing in 100 episodes. Doesn't seem like its very IC at all for him. What instance did he even use Super-speed reactions in the show in and outside combat? If he's done it a bunch of times I agree with you, but if it's only against a world ending threat like Darkseid...the avengers are not him. On the other hand, Flash and Wondwerwoman would definitely use their speeds to some degree.
    He uses his speed a variety of times for fast movement that isn't just "fly in a straight line" so we know he can do and we know he is at least a bullet timer..which is kind of all we need to know. So, Superman won't use his speed, but Wonder Woman..will? Why? She uses it more? No she doesn't. He can't just fly at super speed, he can move his arms and legs that way.

Again you confuse something in character for something needed to suit the plot. What about his character forbids speed? What specifically about his personality makes it so he won't use his speed? There is nothing. Either you feel the guy can build super powered robots and all this goodness, but still lacks the capacity to deduce "speed can be an advantage" or..he just rarely uses it because that is what needs to happen to keep the episodes running smoothly. Which do you feel is more likely to be the case?
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-11-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

Speed removal threads are, in general, a waste of time. Also, heat vision can be deflected? Well, how do you do that? Do you expect Supes to look away from you at a significant distance and then slowly sweep the beam towards you? No, he looks at you and fires a speed of light beam. How you gonna deflect that?

If you want the Avengers to win, specify that the JLA has been knocked out and unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Speed removal threads are, in general, a waste of time. Also, heat vision can be deflected? Well, how do you do that? Do you expect Supes to look away from you at a significant distance and then slowly sweep the beam towards you? No, he looks at you and fires a speed of light beam. How you gonna deflect that?

If you want the Avengers to win, specify that the JLA has been knocked out and unconscious.
    I think he wants the fight to be even but removing speed is a big clincher. Flash has now been reduced to a random guy in red spandex.