Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Invincible Member

Mr Miracle and Big Barda are normally portrayed as having a very loving relationship and while the new series doesn't contradict this, the narrative doesn't really focus on her much.

Invincible Member

I am very ambivalent about the marriage of Kitty and Peter. Ten years ago I might have been excited but now I think it's a stunt that even if it happens it won't last.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Were they even both alive 10 years ago?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Were they even both alive 10 years ago?
    LOL! If I remember correctly ( and I'm not sure that I do), Lobdell or someone killed Peter in order to cure the Legacy virus in the early 2000's. Then Joss Whedon brought him back and consummated the relationship between K and P but at the end of his run he shot Kitty into space.

Invincible Member

I am enjoying the relationship between Arthur and Mera in the Aquaman comics. Also despite how I feel other aspects of the title, Ollie and Black Canary in the Green Arrow is plausible to me.

Invincible Member

I also like reading about the messiness of the hook ups in Kill or Be Killed.

Astonishing Member

Is it just me, or is colossus making a weird face in that pic?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Is it just me, or is colossus making a weird face in that pic?
    Katya has a small piece of noodle from their ramen lunch on her face, and he's not even hearing what she's asking because he is distracted and grossed out.

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

Finally got around to reading the first volume of Tom King's Vision. So far I've enjoyed the portrayal of Vision and Virginia as a stable married couple ( unsure how it's going to end considering Virginia's secret).

Invincible Member

I really enjoyed Fun Home by Alison Bechdel. Basically it's the memoir of a woman dealing with a strange and overbearing father while dealing with her emerging sexuality. She eventually finds out that her father had secrets of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I wonder if Supergirl has tentacles down there, like Leslie Willis asked in an episode of Supergirl. It would make sense for Krytonian females, something for Kal-El's fingers to hold in a loving embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Mr Miracle and Big Barda are normally portrayed as having a very loving relationship and while the new series doesn't contradict this, the narrative doesn't really focus on her much.
    Sorry for the delay, but Barda exists in King's series as Scott's sole remaining source of comfort. I'm also speaking with having a few more issues of story to reference but her importance to him as grown considerably as time passes. If you're not reading Mister Miracle, read it. It's absolutely incredible on so many levels.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sorry for the delay, but Barda exists in King's series as Scott's sole remaining source of comfort. I'm also speaking with having a few more issues of story to reference but her importance to him as grown considerably as time passes. If you're not reading Mister Miracle, read it. It's absolutely incredible on so many levels.
    When I posted the above, it seemed like the series was just going to be about Scott's angst with Barda sorta on the sideline and I was missing the chemistry I thought the couple should have. I've since read up to issue six and her role seems to be growing ( I could still use more chemistry though).

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

Alana and Marko share a love for the ages.....