Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martini Sigil View Post
    Alana and Marko share a love for the ages.....
    You know, people I respect rave about it, but I still haven't tried Saga yet.

I love the way that Hulkling and Wiccan's relationship is portrayed in the comics!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreshGuy View Post
    I love the way that Hulkling and Wiccan's relationship is portrayed in the comics!
    How many years was it before they finally had on on panel kiss, almost ten? Maybe I'm exaggerating but it seemed like a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    How many years was it before they finally had on on panel kiss, almost ten? Maybe I'm exaggerating but it seemed like a long time...
    No, not really an exaggeration, it was over 7 years. They were created in 2005 (boyfriends the same year) and didn't kiss till the final issue of Avengers: Children's Crusade in 2012.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I am very ambivalent about the marriage of Kitty and Peter. Ten years ago I might have been excited but now I think it's a stunt that even if it happens it won't last.
    That's how I am, as well. I've never been much of a shipper, but they were my thing once upon a time. I was kind of over it before Whedon stuck them back together. I was just starting to warm up to them again when AXV ruined them. Now, I'm just like "whatever"... but it has to be better than her and Peter Quill, right?

Would really like to know what's the deal with her and guys named Peter.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    That's how I am, as well. I've never been much of a shipper, but they were my thing once upon a time. I was kind of over it before Whedon stuck them back together. I was just starting to warm up to them again when AXV ruined them. Now, I'm just like "whatever"... but it has to be better than her and Peter Quill, right?

LOL that's right! Colossus, Pete Wisdom, Peter Quill, ultimate Kitty dated ultimate Peter Parker...

Astonishing Member

That is seriously one of the weirdest coincidences in comics...

On the relationship topic, the current Rogue and Gambit series is really good, too bad it's a mini.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

I am surprised Marvel would even go for this.

If Marvel thought being married aged Spider Man, how does the just barely 21 (if that old) in
    Marvel time Kitty Pryde get away with it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

If Marvel thought being married aged Spider Man, how does the just barely 21 (if that old) in
    Ultimate Kitty and Peter, not the regular ones; they were both 16-ish.

And Marvel doesn't really care about their characters ageing. Joe Quesada cares about Peter Parker ageing. And I'm sorry Joe, but that ship has sailed a long time ago.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Ultimate Kitty and Peter, not the regular ones; they were both 16-ish.

And Marvel doesn't really care about their characters ageing. Joe Quesada cares about Peter Parker ageing. And I'm sorry Joe, but that ship has sailed a long time ago.
    I think Vic was referring to 616 Kitty marrying Colossus. She's vaguely college age and Peter is maybe 4 or 5 yrs older. But yeah, Marvel/DC has a thing about the act of marriage "ageing" their heroes and seem to want to put the brakes on that these days.

Invincible Member

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

The difference is that they are trying to age Kitty in order to give her the gravitas to be a team/school leader.

With Spidey, the desire is to keep him a loser, which works better if he's kept younger.

Also, she's a girl.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Invincible Member

Batman and Catwoman didn't get married neither did Kitty and Peter.

I'm not shocked about the Bat/Cat thing, I never bought it completely in the first place. I didn't think that Pete/Kitty was going to last...like they'd figure out how to undo it after 6 or 7 years.

Now the question is how seriously will Marvel take the Rogue/Gambit marriage? I not sure why completely but I kinda feel they have a better chance than the others.

Astonishing Member

I hope you're right, I think it has potential to be interesting and let them both keep their personalities.

I thought they would go through with batman, though undo it after like five years with amnesia or something dumb.

As far as sex goes, I've always preferred a fade-to-black approach. It's obvious that the two characters are having a sexual relationship, but the sexual nature of it is hidden behind the curtain. Anything more than flirting and kissing just seems a bit weird to me, probably because I still believe comic books *should* be written for children (and enjoyed by both children and adults.) I get a lil' iffy when I see two characters lying in bed, mostly naked, talking about boinking.

Although, that being said, I think about that comic where Tony Stark gets pegged by Gamora every god damn day of my life, and I love it. 10/10.