Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    You are too old to not know of the G-Spot.
    Kind of hard to find at that size. Must be why they invented G-PS.
    I'll stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    You are too old to not know of the G-Spot.
    Yeah, but what does a guy an inch tall do with it?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Yeah, but what does a guy an inch tall do with it?
    The same thing your [appendage of choice] do[es], I'd wager.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I don't need that in-depth of an exploration into the sex lives of adventure characters, myself. I was always fine with the "Meanwhile" sex between Peter Parker and Mary Jane.
    The first time I recall seeing that was in the late '70s between Ollie and Dinah. You got the message without being hammered between the eyes with it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I don't agree with showing graphic violence OR graphic sex in superhero comics.
    It doesn't bother me personally, but it does seem weird to me as one who grew up reading comics when it was still a medium for kids.

Good thing comics aren't just for kids anymore.
    BB

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I'm sorry, but to this very day I still don't see what the issue is with this page. There's nothing wrong with it. We can see and read all these crazy violent pages, things with blood and gore and people beating each other to a pulp. But a scene of an adult couple using their powers to please each other is too much? I seriously don't get it.
    I think a lot had to do with the fact that it's just not what you expect to see in a 616 comic. It's comparable to the controversy surrounding the Siege story-line in the Avengers when Sentry ripped Ares in half and all these guts fly at the reader. I'm not offended by explicit scenes, but I do think about what's appropriate for certain comics. If I were an editor, I'd think long and if such pages were necessary in titles that we spin off into kid's cartoons.

If it were in a creator owned title like Invincible or maybe a MAX title, I don't think people would have been bothered.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Yes, but it was homosexual content that offended (penises on a TV-head if I recall correctly). They warn you it's mature readers right on the cover though, didn't see the problem.
    I have heard some people criticize the inclusion of gay superheroes and characters like Kevin in Archie and say things like, "Why can't the kids just have their innocent comics?" I think there's a portion of the public that believes just dealing with the existence of homosexuality is some special brand of "adults only" area.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    I agree in theory. But at the same time, when we're talking about Superman or Spiderman, I don't those type of comics should be hidden from kids either. I think there's some middle ground where mature concepts can be dealt with in mainstream cape comics and still be tasteful.

Now when it comes to creator owned or alternative comics, I think all bets are off.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It doesn't bother me personally, but it does seem weird to me as one who grew up reading comics when it was still a medium for kids.
    I know how you feel. I haven't read the Spiderman ongoing in a while, but every now and then something will come up like the the Chameleon thing, or Spidey ripping a lady's face off ( Mrs Kraven?) or Black Cat's boobs and I'll think, "It wasn't that long ago when Spider Man had a cartoon where he couldn't hit anyone with closed fist."

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I know how you feel. I haven't read the Spiderman ongoing in a while, but every now and then something will come up like the the Chameleon thing, or Spidey ripping a lady's face off ( Mrs Kraven?) or Black Cat's boobs and I'll think, "It wasn't that long ago when Spider Man had a cartoon where he couldn't hit anyone with closed fist."
    Yeah, it just seems out of place to me. It's not a puritan thing, either. I have seen enough movies featuring sex and violence over the years, so it's not that. I guess it's what you grew up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Are you saying that it's a good thing that a book like the Avengers isn't kid targeted anymore?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I agree in theory. But at the same time, when we're talking about Superman or Spiderman, I don't those type of comics should be hidden from kids either. I think there's some middle ground where mature concepts can be dealt with in mainstream cape comics and still be tasteful.

Now when it comes to creator owned or alternative comics, I think all bets are off.
    Yeah, I was talking about the medium as a whole. I can understand not wanting "big" sex scenes to be shown in superhero comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Are you saying that it's a good thing that a book like the Avengers isn't kid targeted anymore?
    See above.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, it just seems out of place to me. It's not a puritan thing, either. I have seen enough movies featuring sex and violence over the years, so it's not that. I guess it's what you grew up with.
    I grew up with movies that were NOTHING BUT sex and violence!
    And dudes with meat cleavers.
    Sex, violence, and dudes with meat cleavers.
    I'm not insane.
    Really.
    <_<
    >_>

I have heard some people criticize the inclusion of gay superheroes and characters like Kevin in Archie and say things like, "Why can't the kids just have their innocent comics?" I think there's a portion of the public that believes just dealing with the existence of homosexuality is some special brand of "adults only" area.
    Those are usually the ones whose minds immediately conjure up the most graphic images of hot, sweaty man-love any time somebody even mentions the topic. I can't imagine why. Nope, not at all.