Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Those are usually the ones whose minds immediately conjure up the most graphic images of hot, sweaty man-love any time somebody even mentions the topic. I can't imagine why. Nope, not at all.
    I think it also helps to think of it in terms of sex so they can keep holding onto their beliefs. If they start with the idea that sex is dirty and wrong, and they generally do despite it being as essential to our existence as waste elimination which is also "dirty" because I suppose it reminds them that we're animals, and then add to that idea having sex with a gender they personally wouldn't (unless your reading of the situation is correct, and they feel guilt for whatever reason) then they can dismiss it as an act or "practice" of someone violating "nature"' or god's laws. If they have to think of it in terms of love, of one person loving another who incidentally shares their gender, it's a lot harder to judge or condemn that. Not that they wouldn't, but it wouldn't be as easy.

To reduce an entire relationship to one aspect, sex, is insulting not only to homosexual relationships but to all relationships (especially their own). I'd find it a lot easier to respect their arguments that two men or women shouldn't be together because they can't make a child the traditional way if they extended that to infertile couples or couples that meet and fall in love after their procreating days are behind them (I'd think it was awful, but I could at least respect their consistency). But they don't, so in the end it's obviously not about that. Luckily things are getting better, and I think one day people will be as embarrassed of the anti-gay movement as they are to see pictures of white students shouting and spitting at black students in the '60s or signs that read "Whites Only".

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I'm sorry, but to this very day I still don't see what the issue is with this page. There's nothing wrong with it. We can see and read all these crazy violent pages, things with blood and gore and people beating each other to a pulp. But a scene of an adult couple using their powers to please each other is too much? I seriously don't get it.
    I can't speak for everyone, but I always take a "less is more" attitude to depicting these things (and that INCLUDES violence). I don't think this had any place in comics, and I think the same thing for Ares' death in Siege. I prefer the "silhouette violence" where it's in black against a red background. It's subtler and uses the imagination to convey it.

Invincible Member

I haven't been reading Spider Man recently, so I'm not sure where Pete's love life is it. Is Carly Cooper still in the picture? Here's a rendering of Peter Parker and his ex-girl friends by Adan Hughes.

An' this guy was supposed to be the nerd/everyman that we felt sorry for? Yeah right! (joking, joking)

Invincible Member

Minimum Wage by Bob Fingerman is a interesting series. It basically follows Bob as he tries to deal with work and friends as well as get back into the dating world after a divorce. It's a humorous series that's able to deal with the subject manner (sex and adult dating) in a frank and yet relatable way.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I haven't been reading Spider Man recently, so I'm not sure where Pete's love life is it. Is Carly Cooper still in the picture? Here's a rendering of Peter Parker and his ex-girl friends by Adan Hughes.

An' this guy was supposed to be the nerd/everyman that we felt sorry for? Yeah right! (joking, joking)
    No Deb Whitman?

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Minimum Wage by Bob Fingerman is a interesting series. It basically follows Bob as he tries to deal with work and friends as well as get back into the dating world after a divorce. It's a humorous series that's able to deal with the subject manner (sex and adult dating) in a frank and yet relatable way.

Ah, Minimum Wage. Always at the top of my 'get to' list when it came out (awaits 2015).

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Of Yucca Flats View Post
    Ah, Minimum Wage. Always at the top of my 'get to' list when it came out (awaits 2015).
    I feel the same way. I surprised it doesn't get more buzz among comics fans. Maybe it's the lack of fantasy elements?

Invincible Member

Speaking of Image, a title i keep going back forth on whether or not I should get it is Sex Criminals. I thought the art looked nice, but reviews I've seen were kinda mixed. People either saying it's good or that it's only ok, but it thinks it's more clever than it really is?

Invincible Member

Whenever the Luke/Jessica marriage is brought up, someone eventually posts the "booty call" scan. I thought this might be a more positive representation of their relationship.

BANNED

Sunstone, Stjepan Sejic's Deviantart masterpiece, not only has some of the hottest sex scenes ever set to page, but it is also hilarious, has fantastic art, and some of the most likeable and well-written characters ever. It has so much more to it than hot lesbian bondage sex - but it certainly helps.

The print version will be released just before Christmas, but it can be read free online on his deviantart page (links on the left to download pdf's of each chapter).

and_then_there_is_variation_b_by_shiniez-d5gb5ql.jpg

Speaking of Image, a title i keep going back forth on whether or not I should get it is Sex Criminals. I thought the art looked nice, but reviews I've seen were kinda mixed. People either saying it's good or that it's only ok, but it thinks it's more clever than it really is?
    It's okay. It doesn't necessarily live up to the hype it seems to have been getting.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Sunstone, Stjepan Sejic's Deviantart masterpiece, not only has some of the hottest sex scenes ever set to page, but it is also hilarious, has fantastic art, and some of the most likeable and well-written characters ever. It has so much more to it than hot lesbian bondage sex - but it certainly helps.

The print version will be released just before Christmas, but it can be read free online on his deviantart page (links on the left to download pdf's of each chapter).
    I'm aware of this comic, but I just haven't made myself sit down and read the whole thing yet. What I've seen so far, I think i like.
    Last edited by ed2962; 10-19-2014 at 06:05 AM.

Invincible Member

Sorta related, I'd really like to see what the reaction would be if DC/Marvel decided to run some of Stjephan/Nebezial's beefcake pin ups as variant covers.

While I'm sure a lot of people would be fine with it, I'm sure lots of other folks would be calling it "gay" or complain about "tumblr feminists."

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    It's okay. It doesn't necessarily live up to the hype it seems to have been getting.
    Hmm..I think it might go to my "I'll get to it someday" list.

Spectacular Member

heh...ah yes sunstone... the comic that is 90% of the time introduced by people saying, no, really it's not what you think XD

as for doing beefcake covers, i'm game XD as for people possibly complaining, i usually point out that the whole world is not supposed to cater to them personally at all times XD