Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kurt Busiek

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I don't really rank 'em, but I'm a big big Hawkeye fan.

I also like Cap, Wanda, Jan, the Vision, Simon, Iron Man, Carol Danvers and numerous others.

kdb
    No Thor ?

Btw, your handling of Thor in your Avengers run was some of the best he's had with the team.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Since people have been asking..
    Which Torch is in, Jim or Johnny, or will we have to learn when we read it?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Loved Cinar's work on the Legion, he's a great artist.

Looks interesting, it'd be be neat to see some 'untold tales' of the Marvel universe, set outside of current events and circumstances, just exploring, say, what the Ancient One and 1940's era Iron Fist, etc. were doing during the incursion into China or how or if the 1940's era Wakandans behind the scenes messed with the conflict in north Africa (while keeping themselves under the radar, perhaps using Dora Milaje extensively since they knew the Nazis already underestimated black people, and knew they'd underestimate black women as enemy agents and saboteurs even more!).

Glad that The Marvels will finally have a release date.

Super stoked about The Marvels (as I mentioned on Facebook). I'm wondering about the amount of research you do when you write a Marvel story. With Namor for instance, how much (re)reading of old issues did you do? One of the reasons you're one of my favourite writers is because of your attention to detail and I just wonder how time consuming it can be?

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    No Thor ?
    Are you insinuating that Thor isn't a numerous other? For shame!

Btw, your handling of Thor in your Avengers run was some of the best he's had with the team.
    Thanks -- glad you liked it.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Super stoked about The Marvels (as I mentioned on Facebook). I'm wondering about the amount of research you do when you write a Marvel story. With Namor for instance, how much (re)reading of old issues did you do? One of the reasons you're one of my favourite writers is because of your attention to detail and I just wonder how time consuming it can be?
    I do as much research as I feel I need to, but that varies from character to character.

It depends on how extensively I'm using the character and how much I need to explore them.

kdb

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Which Torch is in, Jim or Johnny, or will we have to learn when we read it?
    Could be either -- or both!

kdb

Incredible Member

Hey Mr. Busiek, in one of your responses last year, you'd indicated there may be news coming regarding Astro City, when I'd inquired that there's enough material for an omnibus or two. Is something like this still happening?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Hey Mr. Busiek, in one of your responses last year, you'd indicated there may be news coming regarding Astro City, when I'd inquired that there's enough material for an omnibus or two. Is something like this still happening?
    There is still news coming, you bet.

kdb

Incredible Member

There is still news coming, you bet.

kdb
    Thanks for responding. Looking forward to it.

Astonishing Member

Hey Mr. Busiek,

Loved your Avengers run. Would you be interested in returning to the Avengers for another run in the future?

Hello Mr Busiek,
    I've never read anything you've written with Spider-man but I was curious to know your personal opinion on aging up Peter Parker in the main universe as well as what you would envision for a middle aged (or older) Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Loved your Avengers run. Would you be interested in returning to the Avengers for another run in the future?
    Thanks. You never know what the future will bring, and I wouldn't mind at some point doing a mini-series or something, but I doubt I'd want to be the regular writer on AVENGERS again.

But who knows? Things change.

kdb

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I've never read anything you've written with Spider-man but I was curious to know your personal opinion on aging up Peter Parker in the main universe as well as what you would envision for a middle aged (or older) Peter.
    I don't actually envision anything for a middle-aged or older Peter, sorry -- it's not something I've ever thought about writing.

I wouldn't really be in favor of aging him up, myself. I think he works best young, and I think the problem with aging characters substantially in a shared universe is that you wind up aging everyone, whether it works for them or not. I think Marvel's done some interesting stories where we get to look at that idea, as with the SPIDER-GIRL series, but if it were up to me I wouldn't do it in the regular line.

But it's not up to me, of course, so if Marvel ever does it, presumably it'll be because they've got ideas for it that makes sense to whoever's running the show...

kdb