Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kurt Busiek

Quote Originally Posted by TronoNero View Post
    Hello Kurt, absolutely loved your Thor: Godstorm. That ending was brilliant!
    Thanks.

How about some other oneshot for the Thunderer?
    No plans at the moment, though Thor does show up briefly in THE MARVELS 1.

And, secondly, if you were called in to write a comic in which Thor dies, accordingly to mythology, against the Midgard Serpent, Jormungandr... Which character would you use, beside the Serpent in itself (and Cul, obsiously), to portray that evil monster?
    No idea. If I was offered that gig, I don't know if I'd take it -- there've been a lot of Ragnarok stories over the years, and I don't feel any great urge to do another one.

And if for some reason I did take the job, I'd have to think it all through and come up with a story that interested me. But I haven't done any of that, so...no idea.

In a Fanfiction of mine in the works, i did choose Galactus: a twisted form of this character!
    Hope you're having fun with it.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Given the hand you have in the best depiction I've ever seen of Scarlet Witch, do you watch Wandavision, and if so, what do you think of it?
    Glad you like my approach to Wanda. I've been watching WANDAVISION, and enjoying it overall, but I haven't seen this week's episode (I'll probably get to it later tonight).

So if there were any questions in the spoiler-protected posts earlier, I can't answer them yet, because I'm not going to look at them until I see the episode.

kdb

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Glad you like my approach to Wanda. I've been watching WANDAVISION, and enjoying it overall, but I haven't seen this week's episode (I'll probably get to it later tonight).

So if there were any questions in the spoiler-protected posts earlier, I can't answer them yet, because I'm not going to look at them until I see the episode.

kdb
    You bet I liked your approach! For a little frenchie like me it was wonderful! You (who understood the history and the characters) and historic Avengers artist George Perez helming the Avengers in the era of medias was exactly what I was searching for back in the time. And I think it's still as relevant today. That's why I always advise them to people who want to read good Avengers.
    My question about Wanda had to be more precise.
    Not using spoilers because it's more of a general impression. The feeling Wandavision gives me is that there are similarities between the writer's work and yours. Just like you they seem bent on making sense, streamlining, using the past of the character to define who she is at one given time and trying to show the way forward. That's what you did on The Avengers with Wanda, Carol, Hank and Janet for exemple.
    My question is do you see part of your work in the character depiction in the series?

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    My question is do you see part of your work in the character depiction in the series?
    Now that I've seen the latest episode: I sure do now.

kdb

BANNED

During the events of Kang Dynasty, did you have any plans to include the FF or the X-men? I ask because Kang was a prominent FF villain, and Kang did consider mutants to be a threat and used Sentinels. Especially since it was such a global affair?
    Did you write it with an intent that the X-men could possibly be busy dealing with E for extinction or some other large event and the FF similarly dealing with Abraxas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    During the events of Kang Dynasty, did you have any plans to include the FF or the X-men? I ask because Kang was a prominent FF villain, and Kang did consider mutants to be a threat and used Sentinels. Especially since it was such a global affair?
    Did you write it with an intent that the X-men could possibly be busy dealing with E for extinction or some other large event and the FF similarly dealing with Abraxas?
    The FF are seen in issue 51, as is Wolverine.

The Thing's also in 43.

kdb
    Last edited by Kurt Busiek; 02-28-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Speaking of Kang Dynasty was there any avengers you wanted to use for that story and couldn't?

You wrote Scarlet Witch really well. Wanda is popular now due to Wandavision, but she doesn't have enough representation in the comics. Can you propose a Scarlet Witch series to Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Speaking of Kang Dynasty was there any avengers you wanted to use for that story and couldn't?
    Not that I recall.

kdb

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    You wrote Scarlet Witch really well. Wanda is popular now due to Wandavision, but she doesn't have enough representation in the comics. Can you propose a Scarlet Witch series to Marvel?
    I'm too busy doing other stuff, sorry.

But with the show as popular as it is, I'd be surprised if they're not at least fielding proposals for a series.

kdb

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I'm too busy doing other stuff, sorry.

But with the show as popular as it is, I'd be surprised if they're not at least fielding proposals for a series.

kdb
    Hellow Mr. Busiek, was wondering when you say Fielding Proposals for a Series, who does that?!

Is it the heads of the company or is it writers or editors or allittle of each?

What is usally the case to decinding Fielding Proposals for a Series, does an outside series from the comics like WandaVision have such impact on what they choose to do with a character like Wanda?

Thanks for Your Time.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hellow Mr. Busiek, was wondering when you say Fielding Proposals for a Series, who does that?!

Is it the heads of the company or is it writers or editors or allittle of each?
    Mainly editors, but when editors have a pitch they like, they'd need to get it approved by others in the company as well.

But writers would (in theory) be people making proposals, not asking other people for them and then judging them.

What is usally the case to decinding Fielding Proposals for a Series, does an outside series from the comics like WandaVision have such impact on what they choose to do with a character like Wanda?
    Sure, a popular TV series featuring a character would have some impact on whether they decide to do a series about that character and what it might be like. If it's out there making more people interested in the character, then it makes sense to try to feed that interest, whether with new material or reprints, like the recent (or upcoming?) book collecting the Mantlo/Leonardi and Englehart/Howell VISION/WITCH series.

kdb

BANNED

Hey mr. Busiek i was wondering if you could answer a question i have it's one of those "battle forums" type questions, so feel free to ignore it, but i was wondering in your JLA(issue #111) the Void Hound destroyed ten solar systems in a test run. Did any of the JL members tank that kind of power? Thanks and have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Hey mr. Busiek i was wondering if you could answer a question i have it's one of those "battle forums" type questions, so feel free to ignore it, but i was wondering in your JLA(issue #111) the Void Hound destroyed ten solar systems in a test run. Did any of the JL members tank that kind of power? Thanks and have a great day.
    I don't even know what the question means.

But as I've noted before, while I think battle forums are lots of fun for the people who like them, the fun of it to my mind is trying to work stuff out from the comics and arguing with friends over your opinions. Having comics pros step in to say stuff that isn't established in the comics (and therefore isn't canon) takes away the spirit of it all.

I don't want to referee this sort of thing, but I wish you great joy of it.

kdb

Mighty Member

Hello Mr Busiek, how many issue of "The Marvels" have been plan?

Moreover, is Hawkeye will play a role in an issue?