Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kurt Busiek

All-New Member

Don't have a question right now, but I just wanted to stop by and say "Thanks!" I had picked up Spider-Man often as a youngster but when the Heroes Return line came about my dad set up a pull list for me with a lot of those books, Iron Man and Avengers included. That was first time I had really read either series. Still got 'em, still love 'em, and I still read Iron Man and Avengers today because of those issues. So, thanks again Kurt!

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.B View Post
    Mr. Busiek, I really enjoyed your episode of "Rachel and Miles Explain The X-Men" and it leads to my question(s). Have you read the X-Men: Season One GN? & if you have, does it capture the feel and tone that you connect with from the Silver Age O5 stories?
    I haven't read it.

Also are there any plans for a 20th anniversary edition of Marvels?
    I think the Platinum Edition probably counts as that.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
    Don't have a question right now, but I just wanted to stop by and say "Thanks!" I had picked up Spider-Man often as a youngster but when the Heroes Return line came about my dad set up a pull list for me with a lot of those books, Iron Man and Avengers included. That was first time I had really read either series. Still got 'em, still love 'em, and I still read Iron Man and Avengers today because of those issues. So, thanks again Kurt!
    My pleasure!

kdb

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I haven't read it.

I think the Platinum Edition probably counts as that.

kdb
    Okay, thank you very much for answering my questions, you're one of my favorite writers.

Mr. Busiek--

Are you doing any convention appearances or store signings in the next year? I've got a JLA/Avengers and a Wednesday Comics that desperately need your autograph. (Thanks for chatting!)

Mr Busiek, with so many media options out there, has there been any developments in regards to getting any of your creator owned work on the big/small screen? What about animated DVD?

Great to have this thread back. Always found it highly informative in the old board. Thanks Marvell2100 and Mr. Busiek.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Mr. Busiek--

Are you doing any convention appearances or store signings in the next year? I've got a JLA/Avengers and a Wednesday Comics that desperately need your autograph. (Thanks for chatting!)
    Well, I was just at the Rose City Comicon.

I'll be at NYCC in a couple of weeks, and Emerald City early next year. Beyond that, I don't know -- I try to limit my travel these days, until my health and deadlines are both in better shape.

kdb

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Mr Busiek, with so many media options out there, has there been any developments in regards to getting any of your creator owned work on the big/small screen? What about animated DVD?
    There are always developments in process, it seems, but nothing that's ready to announce.

These things rise and fall and rise and fall until something rises and takes wing, but you never know when that's going to be.

kdb

No question, I just wanted to say your Leo the Lion and Steeljack saga issues of Astro City were absolutely amazing and inspirational to me. I liked the Confessor and Altar Boy issues but the Leo The Lion one and done made me absolutely idolise your talents. Steeljack's story was heartbreaking to me also. Thank you for being so awesome, your talents are a gift to all who deign to recognise your exceptional storytelling talents. Thanks for making me smile and cry and think and aspire to be better even if I know I could never equal or surpass you as a source of inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketfulofKryptonite View Post
    No question, I just wanted to say your Leo the Lion and Steeljack saga issues of Astro City were absolutely amazing and inspirational to me. I liked the Confessor and Altar Boy issues but the Leo The Lion one and done made me absolutely idolise your talents. Steeljack's story was heartbreaking to me also. Thank you for being so awesome, your talents are a gift to all who deign to recognise your exceptional storytelling talents. Thanks for making me smile and cry and think and aspire to be better even if I know I could never equal or surpass you as a source of inspiration.
    Thanks!

kdb

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Great to have this thread back. Always found it highly informative in the old board. Thanks Marvell2100 and Mr. Busiek.

Peace
    I thought so too. Like I said in the op, after reading his response in the Kirby /Marvel thread and how informative it was, I just knew we had to have this thread back.

I may be tempted to bring back the Kang Dynasty thread too!

Hi Kurt- any chance you'd share with us what comics you're currently reading?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Hi Kurt- any chance you'd share with us what comics you're currently reading?
    As usual, I'm reading a lot of stuff, from the reprint collections of ON STAGE to online comics like DUMBING OF AGE.

But a few of the more standard-format comics include SAGA, REVIVAL, FABLES, DEAD BOY DETECTIVES, THE 6TH GUN, PRINCESS UGG, SEX CRIMINALS and STUMPTOWN...

kdb

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    As usual, I'm reading a lot of stuff, from the reprint collections of ON STAGE to online comics like DUMBING OF AGE.

But a few of the more standard-format comics include SAGA, REVIVAL, FABLES, DEAD BOY DETECTIVES, THE 6TH GUN, PRINCESS UGG, SEX CRIMINALS and STUMPTOWN...

kdb
    Very cool...nice choices. I'm not familiar with Princess Ugg or Stumptown though.

How about non-comics reading?