Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kurt Busiek

Mr Busiek if you could choose between writing a limited series of power pack, female yellowjack, comet man, cloud 9, the outlaws or the avengers captain universe what would you pick?

Also if you could write one ultraverse title what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    That's disappointing. I had seen Mark Millar on a panel this past weekend at C2E2 as well.

Busiek's Avengers is what got me into the Avengers in the first place. The book hadn't interested in my 10 years of reading before Busiek's run, but issue #1 started off with such a bang that it hooked me for the rest of his run, as well as Avengers Forever.

Back then in the 90s, I was a huge fan of team books, including the core X-books and Morrison's JLA. Busiek's Avengers was a great book to have alongside them.
    Kurt Busiek's run is classic Avengers.

Grand, epic stories, major villains and those moments that make you go WOW!!!!

It doesn't get any better that.

No disrespect to Ultimates or Mark Millar but Ultimates/Ultimate Avengers never had those moments for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Mr Busiek if you could choose between writing a limited series of power pack, female yellowjack, comet man, cloud 9, the outlaws or the avengers captain universe what would you pick?
    You mean if I had to write one of those? I had wanted to write the Rita deMara Yellowjacket in THUNDERBOLTS, but she was then dead and time-entangled, so I didn't. So maybe her.

Also if you could write one ultraverse title what would it be?
    I did write a three-part backup story featuring Lady Killer of the Strangers. No need to go hunt it up, it's not very good.

I can't say there's any Ultraverse title I ever really wanted to write, though I enjoyed reading STRANGERS and NIGHT MAN. Given a choice I'd rather do what the Ultraverse writers did and make up my own character(s).
    Last edited by Kurt Busiek; 04-15-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

BANNED

I wish an Avengers Forever tv show was in the works as well

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I wish an Avengers Forever tv show was in the works as well
    Or a series of animated movies. That would be cool.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Kurt Busiek!!!

BANNED

Default Marvel Celebrates Marvels 25th Anniversary with New Projects from Busiek & Ross

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-celebrate...s-busiek-ross/

"While the mystery remains as to what Busiek and Ross will be mapping out"

In how many issues will this 'mapping out' be done?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Mr. Busiek

Not sure if you know the answer to this but I figured I would ask anyway....what was the general opinion or feeling towards Marvels first character Namor and the Human Torch while you were working there ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Beats me. When I was working at Marvel, for the most part I was working in my spare room, 3000 miles away from the Marvel offices. So it's not like I heard a lot of interoffice chat about the characters.

I like both characters just fine, and had stories I wanted to tell about Jim Hammond, at least, that I never got around to. And Tom Brevoort, who was the guy I talked to most, likes 'em just fine too.

Beyond that, I don't know.

kdb
    Seeing as this year is the 80th anniversary of Prince Namor and Jim Hammond, will you be doing a story or stories for marvel comics this year, about Hammond that you never got around to?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Thanks, I totally missed this. Very exciting news!

Seeing as this year is the 80th anniversary of Prince Namor and Jim Hammond, will you be doing a story or stories for marvel comics this year, about Hammond that you never got around to?
    Probably not those particular stories, no.

But Namor and/or Hammond? Hard to say. I do think I'll be writing something involving someone almost as old...

BANNED

"Something involving someone almost as old..."
    As in one of the marvel characters introduced in the 1940's like:
    Captain America,
    Bucky Barnes,
    Toro,
    Namora,
    Miss America,
    Miss Fury,
    Black Widow (Claire Voyant),
    Blond Phantom,
    Golden Girl,
    Black Marvel,
    Destroyer?

Mr Busiek, when you put you Avengers team together, six of the members were iconic members. The seventh was Carol Danvers, a less used character. Why did you choose to put Warbird on the team?

Incredible Member

Hi, I'm french, new to these boards and I'm amazed this thread exists!
    Thank you mister Busiek.
    I will follow Witchfan's question about Carol Danvers because you're the one who brought her back to the spotlight for a wild ride!
    You say the most important thing is the journey, not the destination and for Carol, you wrote a defining journey, but what was your destination?
    Had you still plans for her?
    Last edited by mogwen; 01-20-2019 at 07:27 PM.

"Something involving someone almost as old..."
    As in one of the marvel characters introduced in the 1940's like:
    Captain America,
    Bucky Barnes,
    Toro,
    Namora,
    Miss America,
    Miss Fury,
    Black Widow (Claire Voyant),
    Blond Phantom,
    Golden Girl,
    Black Marvel,
    Destroyer?
    To go back to my classic answer from days of yore: You'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Mr Busiek, when you put you Avengers team together, six of the members were iconic members. The seventh was Carol Danvers, a less used character. Why did you choose to put Warbird on the team?
    Because I like her. Also wanted more women than Wanda on the team, wanted women who could mix it up physically rather than doing the stand-and-point, and thought her personality would be an interesting addition to the mix. And I liked her costume.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Hi, I'm french, new to these boards and I'm amazed this thread exists!
    Thank you mister Busiek.
    I will follow Witchfan's question about Carol Danvers because you're the one who brought her back to the spotlight for a wild ride!
    You say the most important thing is the journey, not the destination and for Carol, you wrote a defining journey, but what was your destination?
    Had you still plans for her?
    Sure, I had plenty of plans, and even today if I was writing Carol on an ongoing basis, I'd have plenty to do.

There isn't a destination, not a final one, with these characters, usually. We got her as far as recognizing her alcoholism, addressing it, going to AA. The next step would be Tony becoming her sponsor, which would be a new role for both of them, and her finding a measure of stability, rebuilding her life, eventually becoming a sponsor to someone else in return. Plus a lot more stuff, but I'll save it -- I might get a use out of it someday.

kdb