Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kurt Busiek

Has writing gotten harder or easier for you over time?

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Has writing gotten harder or easier for you over time?
    Yes, very much!

The kind of writing I was doing when I started, I can do much more easily, now that I've had so much practice.

But as I've gotten better, I've been able to reach further, to try more ambitious things, and those are harder.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Not an ask, but Marvel now has a link to the preview of your The Marvel's #1 as well as line art for four characters. Yipee!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Not an ask, but Marvel now has a link to the preview of your The Marvel's #1 as well as line art for four characters. Yipee!
    That they do!

kdb

Extraordinary Member

Mr Busiek...I know you can't really get into details...but will we see more of Flash's time as a soldier in Sian Cong in the new The Marvels series?

As well..if you don't mind a suggestion...maybe we can see Flash encounter U.S. Agent's brother Mike Walker as a chopper pilot who flies Flash's company on missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Mr Busiek...I know you can't really get into details...but will we see more of Flash's time as a soldier in Sian Cong in the new The Marvels series?
    You never know, with this book!

kdb

Mr Kurt Busiek you are my only hope. CDo you know what Power Ring's emblem is supposed to be? It has stayed consistent through the decades but I never understood what it represented. Is it an X? If so, why an X?

Power-Ring-DC-Comics-Crime-Syndicate-old.jpg

I am not a Marvel comic reader these days, but I am reading this on the strength of your writing. I don't know if I a suppose to recognize all the heroes with Cap in the center spread.
    From left to right, Kev Schumer (why would he be there?) Don't know the tall green guy or the lady in white, Human Torch (Johnny or original?), Lady with wings, Cap, Black Cat, Storm and Tony.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am not a Marvel comic reader these days, but I am reading this on the strength of your writing. I don't know if I a suppose to recognize all the heroes with Cap in the center spread.
    From left to right, Kev Schumer (why would he be there?) Don't know the tall green guy or the lady in white, Human Torch (Johnny or original?), Lady with wings, Cap, Black Cat, Storm and Tony.
    If you keep reading, you'll find out who they all are.

kdb

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Mr Kurt Busiek you are my only hope. CDo you know what Power Ring's emblem is supposed to be? It has stayed consistent through the decades but I never understood what it represented. Is it an X? If so, why an X?
    I have no idea. The GL emblem has a circle to it, so maybe Sekowsky was going with X versus O. But that's just a guess.

kdb

Kurt,

For no reason I care to mention, I was wondering about this:

Did you and Roger mean for "He Who Remains" to resemble Immortus in Avengers Forever?

= ?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Kurt,

For no reason I care to mention, I was wondering about this:

Did you and Roger mean for "He Who Remains" to resemble Immortus in Avengers Forever?
    It's possible Carlos might have.

But then, we didn't make up He Who Remains. Len Wein and John Buscema did, so Carlos was working off of their design (and the colorist wasn't, since He Who was a desiccated-looking yellow in the Len/John version).

kdb

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    (and the colorist wasn't, since He Who was a desiccated-looking yellow in the Len/John version).
    That's why I asked, actually. I was wondering if the change was in the script.

Thanks for clarifying, Kurt!

Okay i've been holding on on marvels because i been reading this thread and i don't want to come off as offensive or anything and i am being sincere and sometimes my mind just needs that dot to click but i read issue 1-4 and it is well written, no doubt, the story is very well written and engaging for the issue it is in but i just don't get the statement. I don't get where it's going. Why are these the marvels?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

KB,

Forgive me if this question has been asked before, but do you get free reign of the characters that you want to feature, or is there an established protocol/pecking order, where certain characters are off limits?

My follow up question: Are there any characters out there that you'd love to write -- or even better, create -- but haven't?