Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Honestly, I wish they'd downplay it a bit in the comics since it limits a lot of story potential that would otherwise be nice to have. The dual lives aspect of a superhero is something you don't normally get to see with Cloak and Dagger.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    All right, sounds like I might give the Pilot a shot then - this actually sounds rather encouraging! = )

I will say though, that I'm a little bit bothered by Cloak and Dagger not being permanently sort of "marked" by their powers though - like Daggers facial tattoos or Cloak's perpetually shrouded face.
    TV shows almost always deviate from the comic. You have to go into it with an open mind. Think of it as an alternate earth version of Cloak and Dagger with many commonalities firmly in place, but not all of them. Maybe in the second or third season they will introduce some of those elements. I will say that it's doubtful the actor who plays Cloak will hide his face in shadow too much. I understand he's starting to develop quite the young female fan following.

I know everyone is focused on the season that just ended but I'm curious if people are reading the current book? I think repressed memories from the past involving a villain can be a bit of a stretch, but Grey seems intriguing so far. I also like how Ty was in those scenes - still Cloak but more able to interact with everyone else. That seemed to be Grey's influence, though.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I recently checked out the current series. I am digging it. It has a lot of the old C &D elements, but blends it with the new things from the tv show (which i find fantastic btw). Grey is an ok character...but it's weird to think that Cloak and Dagger were once a "trio", it seems forced somewhat, but I can deal with it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tre Styles View Post
    I recently checked out the current series. I am digging it. It has a lot of the old C &D elements, but blends it with the new things from the tv show (which i find fantastic btw). Grey is an ok character...but it's weird to think that Cloak and Dagger were once a "trio", it seems forced somewhat, but I can deal with it.
    Tell me about it, and it's highlighting the issue that I'm having with this series (as well TV show), which is the refusal to have these two together as a legitimate pair.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Tell me about it, and it's highlighting the issue that I'm having with this series (as well TV show), which is the refusal to have these two together as a legitimate pair.
    Well Dagger always was reluctant, but she does refer to Cloak in the new comic series as her"ex". And it was interesting to see Tyrone in a relationship with the other security officer, but clearly he is still hung up on Tandy as well. I think the t.v. show will move towards it, but it's taking its time....but at least now they can touch.

double posted by accident!
    Last edited by Tre Styles; 08-07-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Honestly, I appreciate actually seeing Cloak do something on his own. Dagger always seems to be trying to have a life while Cloak is trying to stay with Dagger. I appreciate that Ty is actually doing things independently.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    TV shows almost always deviate from the comic. You have to go into it with an open mind. Think of it as an alternate earth version of Cloak and Dagger with many commonalities firmly in place, but not all of them. Maybe in the second or third season they will introduce some of those elements. I will say that it's doubtful the actor who plays Cloak will hide his face in shadow too much. I understand he's starting to develop quite the young female fan following.
    Fair enough - I understand that actors want face-time, to build their brand to allow for future role-opportunities, among other things. This is of course the reason why Toby McGuire's Spider-man showed his face quite a lot, and why Sylvester Stalone's Judge Dredd took off his helmet in the first 5 minutes of the 90's adaption.

I think a reasonable compromise would be that whenever they use their powers, their trademark appearance-changes come into play - shrouded and tattooed faces respectively.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tre Styles View Post
    Well Dagger always was reluctant, but she does refer to Cloak in the new comic series as her"ex". And it was interesting to see Tyrone in a relationship with the other security officer, but clearly he is still hung up on Tandy as well. I think the t.v. show will move towards it, but it's taking its time....but at least now they can touch.
    But that more highlighted the issue at large, Marvel comics always had a problem pairing them together as a romantic partner. It took Bendis, who normally has the balls to show an IR pairing like Luke and Jessica, to show Cloak and Dagger as a romantic partner in the Ultimate series. Then after that, they finally became a pairing in the 616 universe, only to have them break up in their very next series.

So this comic just highlights the issue at large with Marvel, which is their reluctance to put these two characters together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Honestly, I appreciate actually seeing Cloak do something on his own. Dagger always seems to be trying to have a life while Cloak is trying to stay with Dagger. I appreciate that Ty is actually doing things independently.
    I'm the opposite. The issue was that instead of making them on a full on partnership, they instead made it like Cloak being dependent on Dagger while Dagger was doing her own thing.

Now it's more Cloak and Dagger doing their own thing and barely being together. Which highlights the issue I discussed earlier referring to Marvel's reluctance of putting these two together as a full or partner, both romantically and just in general.

Maybe there's a reluctance to put them together romantically (although it's worth noting that she's described as his ex, which would explicitly suggest a prior relationship, at least. Cloak was also described as Dagger's boyfriend as far back as their initial appearance). However, the story itself is served by having them apart - particularly showing Cloak apart and doing his own thing.

If anyone read this week, this was a very Ty centered issue, but I thought it was quite good for that. I also love the way Grey's powers work. I'm not sure how to stop that.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Is there a trade coming out for the digital series? Also does anyone know if we will get another digital one. I would hope so, with the show still going lol.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!